From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: It started October the 7th
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:11:21 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:11 UTC

https://brianzahnd.com/2015/03/christian-perspective-israeli-palestinian-conflict/

<quotes>

A Christian Perspective On the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

I love the Jewish people. I love the state of Israel. There is something wonderfully unique about that land — it’s holy, it’s mysterious, it’s beautiful. But there is something deeply troubling about Israel, something you just can’t ignore.

It’s the fact that there is another people — another ethnicity, encompassing two other religions — who live in the land in a way eerily similar to the museum that so inspired me.

They live trapped behind walls, imprisoned. They live in Gaza, they live in the West Bank, they are the Palestinians. They are, for the most part, not citizens of Israel, but subjugated, victims, and suffering.

In 1947, there were 400,000 Jews living in Palestine, and 800,000 Palestinians - Arabs - a mix of Muslims and Christians, ruled by their British occupiers.

In 1948 came a bloody War of Independence, the Jewish forces gained the victory, and the new state of Israel was formed. 700,000 of those 800,000 Palestinians became refugees in camps registered with the United Nations.

They were forced into the area known as the West Bank, and a much smaller area known as the Gaza Strip.

Gazans are essentially imprisoned within Gaza, and are only allowed to leave with military approval for extreme reasons. Israel grants very few exit permits. Gazans have very little access to the outside world, including the West Bank. Families have been separated for years.

The provision of basic utilities, water and electricity, is extremely inconsistent.

Imagine a concrete house with no heat and temperatures in the 40s. Imagine no water for days in a row — routinely shut off by the government.

</quotes>

It started long before October 7th. It goes way back to the start of the 20th Century when there was no "Israel" on our maps.