Inspiration without perspiration is usually sterile.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

SubjectAuthor
* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_Nick Odell
+* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_BrritSki
|+* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023Penny
||`- Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersMike McMillan
|+* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_Sam Plusnet
||+* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023Vicky
|||`* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023J. P. Gilliver
||| `* Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersMike McMillan
|||  `- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023J. P. Gilliver
||`- _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_Mike Headon
|+* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_Nick Odell
||`* Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersChris
|| `- _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_Nick Odell
|`* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_Mike Ruddock
| +- _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_Nick Odell
| +* Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersChris
| |+- Radio_Times/BBC_CreChris J Dixon
| |`* _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_Mike Ruddock
| | `- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023Penny
| `- _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_Clive Arthur
`- _Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_12th_May_2023krw

1
Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<ea22c4dc-dff5-4bc2-ac6f-06062cbbd5a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15297&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15297

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 04:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_to_
12th_May_2023
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 13 May 2023 11:06 UTC

On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 10:06:17 PM UTC, carolet wrote:
> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
> Cast :
> Ben Archer - Ben Norris
> David Archer - Timothy Bentinck
> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
> Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
> Leonard Berry - Paul Copley
> Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
> Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
> Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
> Tracy Horrobin - Susie Riddell
> Joy Horville - Jackie Lye
> Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
> Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
> Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
> Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
> Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
> Adil Shah - Ronny Jhutti
> Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
> Brandon - Samuel James
> Mick - Martin Barrass
> Rebecca - Rose Robinson
> Rylan - Rylan Clark
>
> Writer : Keri Davies
> Director : Gwenda Hughes
> Editor : Jeremy Howe

> Spoilers:
> Sunday 7th - Leonard faces a crisis of confidence, and David tries to
> make his presence felt
> Monday 8th - There’s panic at Beechwood, and Lynda digs herself a hole.
> Tuesday 9th - There's bad news for Tracy, and Freddie stands accused.
> Wednesday 10th - Jim seizes an opportunity, and there’s a surprise for
> Harrison.
> Thursday 11th - Elizabeth faces a grilling, and Lilian is surprised by a
> painful admission.
> Friday 12th - There’s a surprise guest at Brookfield, and Lynda is on
> the warpath.

I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for. Either they were scraping the bottom of the barrel to get him to come along or they are forgetting that at least some of the audience - including me - might have a clue when they wheel on Princess Margaret or Camilla Parker-Bowles but if it's someone who is merely famous for being famous then I'm sorry but I haven't a clue.

(Creepy last few seconds, though. Eh?)

Nick

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<kc9i26F6inrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15301&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15301

From: RtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re:_Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_7th_
to_12th_May_2023
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 14:36:06 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sat, 13 May 2023 13:36 UTC

On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:

> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.

Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.

He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.

Hope you are feeling better.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023

<3q9v5ip988237v8sggv5igcrsa2pt0ok95@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15302&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15302

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ??? 7th to 12th May 2023
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 16:13:08 +0100
 by: Penny - Sat, 13 May 2023 15:13 UTC

On Sat, 13 May 2023 14:36:06 +0100, BrritSki <RtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>
>>> ?
>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>
>Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>
>He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.
>
>Hope you are feeling better.

I, for one, am better informed.
I was aware of this plastic person because I have seen him on TV, probably
in panel games like 'Would I lie to you?'. I am rarely aware of the
non-comic people on there*, or on 'celebrity' versions of quiz shows etc.

*Tomasz Schafernaker being, as it turned out, a priceless exception.
Weather man and artist, I knew - prat who thought sheep and lambs were
different species - absolutely hilarious!

--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<u3oa1r$24rjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15303&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15303

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers
– 7th to 12th May 2023
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 15:23:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:k9enG0b8HmLh2sOPDfMxo5u9PDg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 13 May 2023 15:23 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2023 14:36:06 +0100, BrritSki <RtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> a
> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes
>>> they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out
>>> of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark
>>> is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to
>>> everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even
>>> dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>>
>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>
>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.
>>
>> Hope you are feeling better.
>
> I, for one, am better informed.
> I was aware of this plastic person because I have seen him on TV, probably
> in panel games like 'Would I lie to you?'. I am rarely aware of the
> non-comic people on there*, or on 'celebrity' versions of quiz shows etc.
>
> *Tomasz Schafernaker being, as it turned out, a priceless exception.
> Weather man and artist, I knew - prat who thought sheep and lambs were
> different species - absolutely hilarious!

Heard a lady on Farming Today once, she said that when giving a speech to
farmers, she was tongue-tied and couldn’t think of the word ‘lamb’ so
referred to them as ‘baby sheep’.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<RDR7M.1846815$MVg8.1562046@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15307&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15307

to_12th_May_2023
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 20:35:12 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 13 May 2023 19:35 UTC

On 13-May-23 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>

>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
>> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
>> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who
>> Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he
>> talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW)
>> they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>
> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>
> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
> NTTAWWT.

Is he real or some AI construct?
It's only a matter of time before AI 'Celebrities', all with perfect
hair, perfect teeth, perfect... whatever, become the norm and poor frail
mortals can get on with their lives without trying to compete.

> Hope you are feeling better.

I endorse this statement.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023

<tmtv5i5svg09ta0l4h3alvbkskmgmg8gat@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15313&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15313

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 21:45:29 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 13 May 2023 20:45 UTC

On Sat, 13 May 2023 20:35:12 +0100, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
>>> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
>>> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who
>>> Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he
>>> talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW)
>>> they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>>
>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>
>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
>> NTTAWWT.
>
>Is he real or some AI construct?
>It's only a matter of time before AI 'Celebrities', all with perfect
>hair, perfect teeth, perfect... whatever, become the norm and poor frail
>mortals can get on with their lives without trying to compete.
>>
>> Hope you are feeling better.
>
>I endorse this statement.
Max Headroom

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023

<TubO2jJ$uEYkFwqG@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15318&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15318

Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 03:47:27 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sun, 14 May 2023 02:47 UTC

In message <tmtv5i5svg09ta0l4h3alvbkskmgmg8gat@4ax.com> at Sat, 13 May
2023 21:45:29, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes
>On Sat, 13 May 2023 20:35:12 +0100, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

I didn't either, but I've been used to that for some time.

>>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>>
>>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
>>> NTTAWWT.
>>
>>Is he real or some AI construct?
>>It's only a matter of time before AI 'Celebrities', all with perfect
>>hair, perfect teeth, perfect... whatever, become the norm and poor frail
>>mortals can get on with their lives without trying to compete.
>>>
>>> Hope you are feeling better.
>>
>>I endorse this statement.

Ditto.

>Max Headroom

I thought (and I suspect the people behind him may have, too, since when
he was made it must have involved rather more effort than it would now)
he was wasted: going to the trouble of making/creating such a character,
then just using him to (IIRR) present some sort of pop music show.

Can you open your mind without it falling out?

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<u3q3bq$2in2b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15322&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15322

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
– 7th to 12th May 2023
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 07:41:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9EhLXohMeFbdYCJElXa2NDOgZwg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 14 May 2023 07:41 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <tmtv5i5svg09ta0l4h3alvbkskmgmg8gat@4ax.com> at Sat, 13 May
> 2023 21:45:29, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes

> I didn't either, but I've been used to that for some time.

>>> Is he real or some AI construct?
>>> It's only a matter of time before AI 'Celebrities', all with perfect
>>> hair, perfect teeth, perfect... whatever, become the norm and poor frail
>>> mortals can get on with their lives without trying to compete.

>>> I endorse this statement.
>
> Ditto.
>
>> Max Headroom
>
> I thought (and I suspect the people behind him may have, too, since when
> he was made it must have involved rather more effort than it would now)
> he was wasted: going to the trouble of making/creating such a character,
> then just using him to (IIRR) present some sort of pop music show.

Jpeg’s payoff line was: ‘Can you open your mind without it falling out? ‘

Well, surely, that is a no brainer!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<7f672635-d78d-439c-a50d-ecbde5fadf56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15324&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15324

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 01:06:46 -0700 (PDT)
12th_May_2023
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 14 May 2023 08:06 UTC

On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 1:37:16 PM UTC, BrritSki wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
> >

> > I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>
> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.
>
> Hope you are feeling better.

Ta, Britters (and Sam, and John) I am improving. I'm not sure what's normal these days in the NHS - and God knows I don't want to pile any more pressure on these people who have my complete sympathy over their working condidtions - but after a 9 day wait to see a doctor for the first time, more time has passed and I'm still waiting for test results and appointments for x-rays and other stuff.

Nick

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<kcblvhFgbl4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15330&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15330

From: ruddock117@btinternet.com (Mike Ruddock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
to_12th_May_2023
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:55:22 +0100
 by: Mike Ruddock - Sun, 14 May 2023 08:55 UTC

On 13/05/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>

>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
>> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
>> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who
>> Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he
>> talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW)
>> they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>
> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>
> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
> NTTAWWT.
>
> Hope you are feeling better.

The first time I saw that man was inan advertisment on IYV for, I
believe, Cinch and I thought to myselk that no-ne with any sense would
dream of buying a car from him.

Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
same time as being in Liverpool?

Mike Ruddock

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<5496416f-dc4c-4612-a378-4e0605185249n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15332&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15332

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 02:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
12th_May_2023
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 14 May 2023 09:51 UTC

On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 8:57:35 AM UTC, Mike Ruddock wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
> > On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
> >>

> >> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
> >> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
> >> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who
> >> Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he
> >> talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW)
> >> they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
> >
> > Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
> > then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
> > Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
> >
> > He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
> > and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
> > NTTAWWT.
> >
> > Hope you are feeling better.
> >
> The first time I saw that man was inan advertisment on IYV for, I
> believe, Cinch and I thought to myselk that no-ne with any sense would
> dream of buying a car from him.
>
> Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
> between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
> same time as being in Liverpool?

Schrödinger's Rylan?

Nick

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<u3r0n6$2lvse$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15335&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15335

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
– 7th to 12th May 2023
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 16:02:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/YTbYXmnSdTB/dfnIRkDx1Tdf/k=
 by: Chris - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:02 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 1:37:16 PM UTC, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>>

>>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those jokes
>>> they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being completely out
>>> of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who Rylan Clark
>>> is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he talked to
>>> everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW) they even
>>> dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>
>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.
>>
>> Hope you are feeling better.
>
> Ta, Britters (and Sam, and John) I am improving. I'm not sure what's
> normal these days in the NHS - and God knows I don't want to pile any
> more pressure on these people who have my complete sympathy over their
> working condidtions - but after a 9 day wait to see a doctor for the
> first time, more time has passed and I'm still waiting for test results
> and appointments for x-rays and other stuff.
>
> Nick

Par for the course post covid. A friend of mine was at his GP a day or two
ago for something, probably because he is falling over without warning and
needs patching up or getting test results. He walked out and went bang
down with no warning. GP promptly called his wife to drive him to nearest
hospital, some miles away in a bigger town. After five hours having been
triaged, they were told, it’d be 8 - 10 hrs wait. He’s got no patience
whatsoever, and asked to see a nurse. He told her he wasn’t sitting about
for anyone as he felt alright. No, nursie wasn’t pleased but he seems to
think he’s indestructible. Last year he failed to make our reunion as he
had fallen several times and was grounded. At this rate, he might not make
it this time - if the rails allow us at all.

You could be grounded for some time Nick!

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<u3r0n7$2lvse$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15336&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15336

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
– 7th to 12th May 2023
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 16:02:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:rpXGEAurCzW99iEwgX1GB+QOQ4k=

Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>>

>>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
>>> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
>>> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea who
>>> Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey way he
>>> talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think (TICBW)
>>> they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous for.
>>
>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>
>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
>> NTTAWWT.
>>
>> Hope you are feeling better.
>>
> The first time I saw that man was inan advertisment on IYV for, I
> believe, Cinch and I thought to myselk that no-ne with any sense would
> dream of buying a car from him.
>
> Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
> between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
> same time as being in Liverpool?
>
> Mike Ruddock

This was written into the script, he was driving up a day before the finals
so could stay overnight.

Mrs McT

Re: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023

<PZa5rzP5WSYkFwKt@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15340&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15340

Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 19:17:29 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:17 UTC

In message <u3q3bq$2in2b$1@dont-email.me> at Sun, 14 May 2023 07:41:46,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
[]
>Jpeg’s payoff line was: ‘Can you open your mind without it falling out? ‘
>
>Well, surely, that is a no brainer!

LOL, once the penny had dropped - genuinely guffawed!

If you carry on hating, you're the one who's damaged.
- Sir Harold Atcherley, sent to the Burma/Siam railway in April 1943

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<6uu36ilq6s2enn141nns5md81a6bisgiu1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15346&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15346

From: chris@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio_Times/BBC_Cre
dits_and_Spoilers_–
_7th_to_12th_May_20
23
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 10:35:03 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Mon, 15 May 2023 09:35 UTC

Chris wrote:

>This was written into the script, he was driving up a day before the finals
>so could stay overnight.

Speaking of Eurovision, I am amused that neither the
commentators, nor those in the hall, give any sign that when they
are waiting for the last public vote, to see how many points the
jury winner has been allocated, it can readily be calculated.

Total votes to be allocated:
(37 countries + Rest of the World) x 58 = 2204.

Sweden had 340 points from the juries, a total of 1961 had been
announced from the public, leaving 2204-1961 = 243 for them,
giving 583 in all.

Simples!

It may not come as a surprise that I have a little spreadsheet to
do the addition for me. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<kcegnsFtnl0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15347&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15347

From: ruddock117@btinternet.com (Mike Ruddock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
to_12th_May_2023
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 11:44:13 +0100
 by: Mike Ruddock - Mon, 15 May 2023 10:44 UTC

On 14/05/2023 17:02, Chris wrote:
> Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
>>> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>>
>>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
>>> NTTAWWT.
>>>
>>> Hope you are feeling better.
>>>
>> The first time I saw that man was inan advertisment on IYV for, I
>> believe, Cinch and I thought to myselk that no-ne with any sense would
>> dream of buying a car from him.
>>
>> Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
>> between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
>> same time as being in Liverpool?
>>
>> Mike Ruddock
>>

> This was written into the script, he was driving up a day before the finals
> so could stay overnight.
>
> Mrs McT
Yes, but he was at the semi finals too
Mike Ruddock

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<u3t2k9$31era$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15348&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15348

From: clive@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
to_12th_May_2023
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 11:47:36 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Mon, 15 May 2023 10:47 UTC

On 14/05/2023 09:55, Mike Ruddock wrote:
<snip>

> Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
> between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
> same time as being in Liverpool?
>
> Mike Ruddock

Padre Pio could bilocate, so there is precedent.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<e2eabec7-0d99-4635-b4d4-c124eda622e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15354&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15354

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 06:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
12th_May_2023
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 15 May 2023 13:59 UTC

On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 4:04:00 PM UTC, Chris wrote:
> Nick Odell <nick...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> >> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
> >> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly It
> >> Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
> >>
> >> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
> >> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ? NTTAWWT.
> >>
> >> Hope you are feeling better.
> >
> > Ta, Britters (and Sam, and John) I am improving. I'm not sure what's
> > normal these days in the NHS - and God knows I don't want to pile any
> > more pressure on these people who have my complete sympathy over their
> > working condidtions - but after a 9 day wait to see a doctor for the
> > first time, more time has passed and I'm still waiting for test results
> > and appointments for x-rays and other stuff.
> >
> > Nick
> >

> Par for the course post covid. A friend of mine was at his GP a day or two
> ago for something, probably because he is falling over without warning and
> needs patching up or getting test results. He walked out and went bang
> down with no warning. GP promptly called his wife to drive him to nearest
> hospital, some miles away in a bigger town. After five hours having been
> triaged, they were told, it’d be 8 - 10 hrs wait. He’s got no patience
> whatsoever, and asked to see a nurse. He told her he wasn’t sitting about
> for anyone as he felt alright. No, nursie wasn’t pleased but he seems to
> think he’s indestructible. Last year he failed to make our reunion as he
> had fallen several times and was grounded. At this rate, he might not make
> it this time - if the rails allow us at all.
>
> You could be grounded for some time Nick!
X-ray appointment for eight days hence turned up in the post today so things are moving albeit slowly.

Nick

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 7th to 12th May 2023

<o1756i9ie2gju5mu473q0m0g1m0sfj99ic@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15358&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15358

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 21:58:09 +0100
 by: Penny - Mon, 15 May 2023 20:58 UTC

On Mon, 15 May 2023 11:44:13 +0100, Mike Ruddock
<ruddock117@btinternet.com> a gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On 14/05/2023 17:02, Chris wrote:
>> Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> The first time I saw that man was inan advertisment on IYV for, I
>>> believe, Cinch and I thought to myselk that no-ne with any sense would
>>> dream of buying a car from him.
>>>
>>> Incidentally, at the risk of rupturing the frail veil which hangs
>>> between Ambridge and reality, how come that man was in Ambridge at the
>>> same time as being in Liverpool?
>>>
>>> Mike Ruddock
>>>

>> This was written into the script, he was driving up a day before the finals
>> so could stay overnight.
>>
>> Mrs McT
>Yes, but he was at the semi finals too
>Mike Ruddock

He's a fake person, he can be wherever he wants, as many times as he /they
like. Clones, init?
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<kcknilF38ghU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15369&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15369

From: porky@YCKMHWA.com (Mike Headon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
to_12th_May_2023
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 20:17:40 +0100
 by: Mike Headon - Wed, 17 May 2023 19:17 UTC

On 13/05/2023 20:35, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 13-May-23 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 13/05/2023 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
>>>

>>> I'm sorry, but last night I came to the conclusion that all those
>>> jokes they make on The Now Show about Radio 4 audiences being
>>> completely out of touch with everyday life are true. I had no idea
>>> who Rylan Clark is/was and hearing his voice and the cheery, matey
>>> way he talked to everybody did nothing to enlighten me. I don't think
>>> (TICBW) they even dropped any hints about what Rylan Clark is famous
>>> for.
>>
>> Nylon Rylan is famous for singing on some talent show (apparently) and
>> then moved on to radio shows and hosting and commentary e.g. Strictly
>> It Takes 2 on weekdays. Also for advertising Cinch.
>>
>> He has implausibly perfect white teeth, implausibly perfect dark hair
>> and implausibly smooth fake tanned skin. Did I mention he is gay ?
>> NTTAWWT.
I.e., one of the BBC's many 'pets' who can never be sacked!

--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 7th to 12th May 2023

<EjSdnRyd4MJWsO75nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15549&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15549

Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 11:32:44 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Sun, 28 May 2023 10:32 UTC

On 13.5.23 12:06, Nick Odell wrote:
> about what Rylan Clark is famous for

I think he is famous for being Rylan Clark.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk