From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Helen. A spoiler
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 18:10:49 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:yzjHG6omKKr6wRERvwOWZqVDbWE=
 by: Chris - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:10 UTC

*why* wasn’t she advised to change her phone numbers?

Mrs McT

Re: Helen. A spoiler

<QOpOefR0iSYkFwJO@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15343&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15343

Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 19:30:12 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Helen. A spoiler
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:30 UTC

In message <u3r879$2mpr2$1@dont-email.me> at Sun, 14 May 2023 18:10:49,
Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
>*why* wasn’t she advised to change her phone numbers?
>
>Mrs McT

Do we know she wasn't? Given her attitude on some things, she might have
decided "not to let that man cause change in my life".

On the counterpoint to that: I've been here since 2007 (so about 16
years), and I don't know how long before _that_ the previous person who
had the 'phone number changed it (come to think of it, they don't have
the same name as the person I bought from), but I still get I'd say
about three or four calls a year from people trying to contact the
person who had the number before me. (She's an accountant, and I have a
card with her numbers on, so if the caller seems genuine I give them the
new numbers.)

If you carry on hating, you're the one who's damaged.
- Sir Harold Atcherley, sent to the Burma/Siam railway in April 1943

Re: Helen. A spoiler

<u3t8s6$3269j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15350&group=uk.media.radio.archers#15350

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 12:34:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QbIm27Lz2UibFDgxATCntt7uodA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 15 May 2023 12:34 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <u3r879$2mpr2$1@dont-email.me> at Sun, 14 May 2023 18:10:49,
> Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
>> *why* wasn’t she advised to change her phone numbers?
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> Do we know she wasn't? Given her attitude on some things, she might have
> decided "not to let that man cause change in my life".
>
> On the counterpoint to that: I've been here since 2007 (so about 16
> years), and I don't know how long before _that_ the previous person who
> had the 'phone number changed it (come to think of it, they don't have
> the same name as the person I bought from), but I still get I'd say
> about three or four calls a year from people trying to contact the
> person who had the number before me. (She's an accountant, and I have a
> card with her numbers on, so if the caller seems genuine I give them the
> new numbers.)

In the 70’s, we were issued with our telephone number by BT and within
days, we knew who had had the number sometime before… ‘Is that the National
Westminster Bank?’ was the inevitable question from callers - in the end, I
developed a response for this enquirry. ‘It all depends, if you wish to
deposit money, then Yes, if you wish to withdraw funds, then No! I then
told them it was no longer NWB’s number for Woodley.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan