From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Is the Times of Israel lying ?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 20:03:55 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 19:03 UTC

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-3-2024/

<quote>

Senior Israeli official laments 'shoot first, ask later' culture gaining ground in IDF

</quotes>

It's right there on the page, is also in syndicated reports. Just don't try and find evidence of it. It seems to have already been well and truly buried except for a few loose ends revealing its existence.

Re: Is the Times of Israel lying ?

<20240404132232.00004193@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16131&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#16131

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Is the Times of Israel lying ?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 13:22:32 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:22 UTC

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 20:03:55 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-3-2024/
>
> <quote>
>
> Senior Israeli official laments 'shoot first, ask later' culture
> gaining ground in IDF
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's right there on the page, is also in syndicated reports. Just
> don't try and find evidence of it. It seems to have already been well
> and truly buried except for a few loose ends revealing its existence.

Seems others have now become prepared to report it -

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/senior-israeli-official-raises-concerns-about-soldiers-conduct-in-gaza-vmryfka9

<quotes>

A senior IDF official has allegedly warned that some soldiers in Gaza are "shooting first and asking questions later" after criticism of a strike on an aid convoy in Gaza.

"The rules of engagement are designed to help deal with such conditions, and they’re too often being ignored," said the senior Israeli official.

</quotes>

We have long known the IDF is a law unto itself, that rules of engagement are regularly ignored, so I am guessing it's mostly trying to pretend this "accident" wasn't part of any systemic murder policy, the standard "a few bad apples" play.