From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Trump's 'China First' policy
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 13:00:15 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:00 UTC

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/jeff-yass-billionaire-donor-investments-tiktoks-parent-company-rcna142531

<quotes>

Jeff Yass co-founded the Philadelphia-based trading firm Susquehanna International Group, which owns a 15% stake in TikTok's China-based parent company, ByteDance.

Yass' personal share is 7%, worth roughly $21 billion.

Critics accuse Yass of bankrolling an army of lobbyists and orchestrating a bare-knuckle pressure campaign to protect TikTok - including by leveraging his nascent relationship with former President Donald Trump.

During the 2022 midterm elections, Yass donated $47 million to help Republican candidates and committees, making him the third-largest conservative political donor in America.

</quotes>

I can't blame him. If I were about to lose $21 billion I'd be leaning on Trump to make a u-turn, threatening to pull funding from Republicans, offering back-handers and bribes to prevent the ban, bank-rolling those who will put China's interests before America's.

Of course, if I were an American Patriot being harangued by Yass, knew that TikTok were a danger to American national security, a threat to America's economy, I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

But Trump isn't a patriot. He let himself be bought, lock, stock and barrel, is encouraging his fellow Republicans and his base to sell America down the river.

Will other patriots turn traitor as Trump has ? We will have to wait and see.