"Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed." -- Robin, The Boy Wonder

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: AI?

SubjectAuthor
* AI?David Brooks
`* AI?David Brooks
 `- AI?whisky-dave

1
AI?

<1V3aM.262806$qpNc.261462@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16279&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16279

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
From: DavidB@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Subject: AI?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 14:27:25 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sat, 20 May 2023 13:27 UTC

No, this is robotics, but scary! ๐Ÿ˜…

โ€œThe Promise"

A likeness of humans, robots are a reality in the future. The only thing
that distinguishes us from them is that we can still control them - but
for how long if they have assumed the characteristics that seemed to
identify us as human beings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxdcqLOGuc

I said to AI ......

(THIS one, this time! https://bard.google.com)

That's the film. Did you watch it?

=

"Yes, I watched the short film "The Promise". It was a very thought-
provoking film that explored some interesting questions about the future
of artificial intelligence. I thought the film did a good job of showing
how quickly things can change when technology advances. It also made me
think about the potential dangers of creating machines that are too
intelligent.

I really enjoyed the film and I think it is a must-watch for anyone who
is interested in the future of AI."

=

What did YOU think?

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: AI?

<NEbaM.3364361$vBI8.597520@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16283&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16283

Subject: Re: AI?
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
From: DavidB@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 23:16:13 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sat, 20 May 2023 22:16 UTC

On 20/05/2023 14:27, David Brooks wrote:
> No, this is robotics, but scary! ๐Ÿ˜…
>
> โ€œThe Promise"
>
> A likeness of humans, robots are a reality in the future. The only thing
> that distinguishes us from them is that we can still control them - but
> for how long if they have assumed the characteristics that seemed to
> identify us as human beings?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxdcqLOGuc
>

> I said to AI ......
>
> (THIS one, this time! https://bard.google.com)
>
> That's the film. Did you watch it?
>
> =
>
> "Yes, I watched the short film "The Promise". It was a very thought-
> provoking film that explored some interesting questions about the future
> of artificial intelligence. I thought the film did a good job of showing
> how quickly things can change when technology advances. It also made me
> think about the potential dangers of creating machines that are too
> intelligent.
>
> I really enjoyed the film and I think it is a must-watch for anyone who
> is interested in the future of AI."
>
> =
>
> What did YOU think?

Has ANYBODY watched this?

She's a doll! :-D

Re: AI?

<44d6c878-6317-418e-9b46-6c07dd7ce124n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16293&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#16293

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 05:20:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.dave@gmail.com (whisky-dave)
 by: whisky-dave - Mon, 22 May 2023 12:20 UTC

On Saturday, 20 May 2023 at 23:16:16 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 20/05/2023 14:27, David Brooks wrote:
> > No, this is robotics, but scary! ๐Ÿ˜…
> >
> > โ€œThe Promise"
> >
> > A likeness of humans, robots are a reality in the future. The only thing
> > that distinguishes us from them is that we can still control them - but
> > for how long if they have assumed the characteristics that seemed to
> > identify us as human beings?
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxdcqLOGuc
> >

> > I said to AI ......
> >
> > (THIS one, this time! https://bard.google.com)
> >
> > That's the film. Did you watch it?
> >
> > =
> >
> > "Yes, I watched the short film "The Promise". It was a very thought-
> > provoking film that explored some interesting questions about the future
> > of artificial intelligence. I thought the film did a good job of showing
> > how quickly things can change when technology advances. It also made me
> > think about the potential dangers of creating machines that are too
> > intelligent.
> >
> > I really enjoyed the film and I think it is a must-watch for anyone who
> > is interested in the future of AI."
> >
> > =
> >
> > What did YOU think?
> Has ANYBODY watched this?
>
> She's a doll! :-D

Not seen The Promise but have watched and liked the film Ex Machina.

As for AI well how about AS, Artificial stupidity certain politicians seem to be using it, mostly in the US,
although it could be geninue stupidity it's difficult to tell.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: AI?