From: NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: OT: Question re books in Kindle library
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 14:20:16 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 13:20 UTC

When I look at my library in my Kindle app some of the books have a
number (white on a black background in a white circle) on the bottom
right of the book's image. The numbers are 2 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9, some of
them appearing more than once.

Can anyrat please tell me what these numbers signify? (Goggling has
been no help at all as everything seems to refer to page numbers, except
for one person also asking the same.)

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: OT: Question re books in Kindle library

<kgt7fkF71j4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16387&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16387

From: elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: OT: Question re books in Kindle library
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 14:43:18 +0100
 by: Kate B - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 13:43 UTC

On 08/07/2023 14:20, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> When I look at my library in my Kindle app some of the books have a
> number (white on a black background in a white circle) on the bottom
> right of the book's image. The numbers are 2 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9, some of
> them appearing more than once.
>
> Can anyrat please tell me what these numbers signify?  (Goggling has
> been no help at all as everything seems to refer to page numbers, except
> for one person also asking the same.)

Is it the number of books in a series?

--
Kate B

Re: OT: Question re books in Kindle library

<kgt92qF6kr5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16388&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16388

From: NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:10:32 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 14:10 UTC

On 08/07/2023 14:43, Kate B wrote:

> Is it the number of books in a series?

No, but in looking for an example with which to illustrate why that was
not so I have found the answer! It turns out to be the number of books
from a series which I have, and I think it is choosing the earliest in
the series on which to affix the number. Thus, Hiding the Past by
Nathan Dylan Goodwin, which I think is first in the series, has a 9 and
Sue Grafton's X has a 2 because I only have X and Y on Kindle.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK