Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 12:43:01 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
From: sig@sig.com (sig)
Subject: Bizarre Notice of Intended Prosecution
 by: sig - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 11:43 UTC

My wife has just received a NIP for three offences: driving without due
care and attention, failing to stop at a road traffic accident, failing
to report a road traffic accident.
The stated date and time correspond to when she had been parked in the
village. On pulling out she thought she heard something but being hard
of hearing wasn't certain. She stopped, thinking she might have rubbed
against the car in front as she pulled out. There were no marks on that
car or her own so she quite reasonably assumed that she had been hearing
things caused by her tinnitus.
We can only conclude that a nosy neighbour observed the 'incident',
possibly capturing on CCTV, and decided to inform the police. There has
been no communication from the insurance company so no claim has been
submitted. Perhaps someone is trying to pin some existing damage on her?
Has anyone else experience this? Presumably the police wouldn't issue a
NIP without some evidence?
--
Sig's sig

Re: Bizarre Notice of Intended Prosecution

<kgr4ctFt0j1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16740&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#16740

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Bizarre Notice of Intended Prosecution
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 19:38:22 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38 UTC

On 07/07/2023 12:43, sig wrote:
> My wife has just received a NIP for three offences: driving without due
> care and attention, failing to stop at a road traffic accident, failing
> to report a road traffic accident.
> The stated date and time correspond to when she had been parked in the
> village. On pulling out she thought she heard something but being hard
> of hearing wasn't certain. She stopped, thinking she might have rubbed
> against the car in front as she pulled out. There were no marks on that
> car or her own so she quite reasonably assumed that she had been hearing
> things caused by her tinnitus.
> We can only conclude that a nosy neighbour observed the 'incident',
> possibly capturing on CCTV, and decided to inform the police. There has
> been no communication from the insurance company so no claim has been
> submitted. Perhaps someone is trying to pin some existing damage on her?
> Has anyone else experience this? Presumably the police wouldn't issue a
> NIP without some evidence?

Something similar happened to SWMBO many years ago. In a car park, her
rather clumsy son opened a door a bit enthusiastically and it hit the
car next to her, which was occupied by a couple of women. There was
nothing said at the time, but later on she got contacted by the police.
In the end, nothing came of it.

Re: Bizarre Notice of Intended Prosecution

<ivnmnj-vg4.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16744&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#16744

From: news@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 08:41:54 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 00:41 UTC

On 07/07/2023 19:43 sig penned these words:
> Presumably the police wouldn't issue a
> NIP without some evidence?

I had this with a company car. Some months after an alleged coming together the
old bill rocked up to accuse me of all the above that your wife has received.
Since I could not recall anything I said so, they inspected the car which was
damage free, threatened me and departed. Obv the lease company knew because they
would have been the ones that sicced the law onto me. I told them I had no
fucking idea what what was going on. I never heard a thing from the police, the
insurers paid out despite my protestations. So a win for the someone.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"