Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:14:12 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
Subject: Ask EU
 by: krw - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:14 UTC

Stella was recently espousing the case for Argentinian street food. My
wife does not let me eat Street Food in any country so I have no
knowledge of what Stella wants to be fed.

Can anyone umrat provide an answer please?
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Ask EU

<791963b8-be64-40d6-ac6c-555b40c7eac5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16755&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16755

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 09:01:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ask EU
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:01 UTC

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 4:14:22 PM UTC+1, krw wrote:
> Stella was recently espousing the case for Argentinian street food. My
> wife does not let me eat Street Food in any country so I have no
> knowledge of what Stella wants to be fed.
>
> Can anyone umrat provide an answer please?

I was pondering this too and I'm not sure I know the answer. Perhaps I don't spend enough time in Argentina to find out.

I think of street food as something that is created on the street rather than something that is merely sold on the street. Does that seem reasonable? Empanadas and Chipas need an oven, asado needs a parrilla and both really need premises to work from and the stuff sold from street vendors has been made elsewhere. Churros can be deep fried from a street stall, Choripanes are prepared on the street and Panchos, Super-Panchos and Completos are usually prepared and sold by wandering itinerants - often in your railway carriage. (Note to Ed: is it still street food if you buy it on the 16:43 from Retiro to Pilar?)

I used to avoid street food until I got stranded for a while in Bolivia. I was always on my way from somewhere to somewhere else and if I had become poisoned by my food, I would have missed my next bus/boat/train connection. But with two weeks to wait and nowhere else to go until my new passport arrived, I thought I'd give it a try. Each night I went into the centre of La Paz and each night I tried something different from the many street sellers. Reader, it was all delicious and quite, quite safe.

Nick
nickodell49@yahoo.ca

Re: Ask EU

<DDWdnRG1jot8F1v5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16757&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16757

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:08:03 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:08 UTC

On 30.7.23 17:01, Nick Odell wrote:
> Reader, it was all delicious and quite, quite safe.

I am quite happy to believe that street food vendors in any country have
no wish to poison either the locals or visitors. The view is expressed
that the locals will be used to whatever is on offer whilst my (fairly
robust I like to think) digestive system will take exception to a small
portion of what ever is on offer and therefore lead to the ruination of
someone else's holiday*.

* The Good lady wife's holiday.

However if I get hungry in Sardinia or Corsica I am sure it will not be
that outrageous - unlike the snake offered in Cambodia.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Ask EU

<nprecihjjol5onscdc9ru5j6qni7vd2m7l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16767&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16767

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:24:05 +0100
 by: Penny - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:24 UTC

On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:08:03 +0100, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...

>However if I get hungry in Sardinia or Corsica I am sure it will not be
>that outrageous - unlike the snake offered in Cambodia.

Snake is good, lean, meat, and tastes like chicken.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Ask EU

<ua8bih$39hgd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16770&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16770

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:05:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:CNYmpjeUyiRF1fbUcE6kVu05cBQ=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:05 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:08:03 +0100, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
> dust...
>
>> However if I get hungry in Sardinia or Corsica I am sure it will not be
>> that outrageous - unlike the snake offered in Cambodia.
>
> Snake is good, lean, meat, and tastes like chicken.

What does chicken taste like … Snake?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU

<uaee4n$97eh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16814&group=uk.media.radio.archers#16814

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 20:25:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:3Hi9VRWARQ1wv+R5Fy7ShuIykmg=
 by: Chris - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 20:25 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> Stella was recently espousing the case for Argentinian street food. My
> wife does not let me eat Street Food in any country so I have no
> knowledge of what Stella wants to be fed.
>
> Can anyone umrat provide an answer please?

No idea - Hazel had a girlfriend at school who’s dad was Argentinian, mum
English and they’d lived there till the girl was 7 or do but I never heard
anything about food.

Mrs McT