Great American Axiom: Some is good, more is better, too much is just right.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

SubjectAuthor
* Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)Nigel Eaton
+- Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of ArchersBrritSki
+- Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges ofChris
`* Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of ArchersSteve Hague
 +* Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)Penny
 |`- Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)Vicky
 `- Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archerscarolet

1
Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<21f952c8-97e9-4efd-b734-94d233709072n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17202&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17202

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 15:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)
From: nigel.eaton@gmail.com (Nigel Eaton)
 by: Nigel Eaton - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 22:46 UTC

(Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)

When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...

--
Nigel

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<kk3dmfFrocbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17203&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17203

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers
relevance)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:54:55 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 07:54 UTC

On 15/08/2023 23:46, Nigel Eaton wrote:
> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>
> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...

Hello Nigel, I didn;t see you there....

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<ubm17o$3tm30$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17214&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17214

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of
Archers relevance)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 20:51:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:K7dzOcKIsr6R9kZ+TXLplGDFrOY=
 by: Chris - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 20:51 UTC

Nigel Eaton <nigel.eaton@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>
> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...

Welcome back Nigel. I have no idea what you’re on about. Wondering if
newstap hasn’t passed me emails.

Mrs McT

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<kk9av4Fq107U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17215&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17215

From: stevehague82@gmail.com (Steve Hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
relevance)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 14:45:07 +0100
 by: Steve Hague - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 13:45 UTC

On 15/08/2023 23:46, Nigel Eaton wrote:
> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>
> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...

Thanks for the info, I enjoyed Good Omens enormously, but wonder what a
follow up would be like without the great Sir Terry involved. It sounds
like it's worth reading.
Steve

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<36hvdidd78a30ne4rldckk3s8meid2kikr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17217&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17217

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:26:38 +0100
 by: Penny - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 19:26 UTC

On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 14:45:07 +0100, Steve Hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 15/08/2023 23:46, Nigel Eaton wrote:
>> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>>
>> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
>> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
>> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
>> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
>> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
>> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...
>>
>Thanks for the info, I enjoyed Good Omens enormously, but wonder what a
>follow up would be like without the great Sir Terry involved. It sounds
>like it's worth reading.
>Steve

I think Nigel may refer to the 2nd TV adaptation, with Michael Sheen and
David Tennant in the main roles, not yet available on free-to-air channels
(I'm sure the first series was).
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<a6mvdihfhsnttrn7vh7a8md3ddcfkvn7a2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17218&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17218

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 21:48:44 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:48 UTC

On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:26:38 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 14:45:07 +0100, Steve Hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
>scrawled in the dust...
>
>>On 15/08/2023 23:46, Nigel Eaton wrote:
>>> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>>>
>>> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
>>> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
>>> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
>>> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
>>> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
>>> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...
>>>
>>Thanks for the info, I enjoyed Good Omens enormously, but wonder what a
>>follow up would be like without the great Sir Terry involved. It sounds
>>like it's worth reading.
>>Steve
>
>I think Nigel may refer to the 2nd TV adaptation, with Michael Sheen and
>David Tennant in the main roles, not yet available on free-to-air channels
>(I'm sure the first series was).

We watched S 2, E 1 tonight and it was as good as S1. I loved that
the actor from Mad Men was in it too.

Re: Good Omens 2 (May contain slight spoilers, and tinges of Archers relevance)

<ubolr3$cnve$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17219&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17219

From: carolet.umrat@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
relevance)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 21:55:02 +0100
 by: carolet - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:55 UTC

On 18/08/2023 14:45, Steve Hague wrote:
> On 15/08/2023 23:46, Nigel Eaton wrote:
>> (Dipping my toe somewhat gingerly back into UMRA)
>>
>> When Aziraphale was casting an eye around the bookshop in search
>> of a new name for Gabriel and alighted on "Jim" my heart sank just a
>> tiny bit. Wouldn't it have been wonderful for him to spot a Walter Scott
>> novel and tell Gabriel his name was Walter? Other than that I am
>> thoroughly enjoying the new series and have even been dragged back to
>> Ambridge of late, somewhat against my will. Still grumpy, mind...
>>
> Thanks for the info, I enjoyed Good Omens enormously, but wonder what a
> follow up would be like without the great Sir Terry involved. It sounds
> like it's worth reading.
> Steve

According to the Radio Times of about 3 weeks ago (the one with Good
Omens on the cover) the new series is based on a conversation that
Gaiman and Pratchett had in 1989 after the Good Omens book was finished
but before it came out. They were sharing a room at a convention in
Seattle but were too jet lagged to sleep, so spent all night plotting it
out. They were intending to write the sequel but as they were soon
living on opposite sides of the Atlantic it never happened, though they
did share further ideas about it at later dates.

--
CaroleT