From: peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Snake oil?
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 14:38:56 +0100
 by: Pete Fisher - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 13:38 UTC

I've just fitted a Fuel-X Lite to the 401. Claimed to improve the
twitchy and jerky performance at small throttle openings [1].

Installation was pretty simply with the aid of a Youtube video. Fishing
the connector through a suitable gap was aided by a length of lock wire.
Just got to zip tie the cables and unit in place securely so as to still
be able to get the seat on.

It starts, and after a minute or so flashing red the LED on the unit
went to green. No way to tell if it achieves the desired effect until I
ride it. It apparently also learns and adjusts if you change air filter
(possibly) or de-cat the zorst (no way).

[1] Yes, such states of fuelling parameters do exist for me these days.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Snake oil?

<kj3vqaFo5buU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17267&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17267

From: siwilson@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com (siwilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Snake oil?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 10:47:54 +0100
 by: siwilson - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 09:47 UTC

On 02/08/2023 14:38, Pete Fisher wrote:
> I've just fitted a Fuel-X Lite to the 401. Claimed to improve the
> twitchy and jerky performance at small throttle openings [1].
>
> Installation was pretty simply with the aid of a Youtube video. Fishing
> the connector through a suitable gap was aided by a length of lock wire.
> Just got to zip tie the cables and unit in place securely so as to still
> be able to get the seat on.
>
> It starts, and after a minute or so flashing red the LED on the unit
> went to green. No way to tell if it achieves the desired effect until I
> ride it. It apparently also learns and adjusts if you change air filter
> (possibly) or de-cat the zorst (no way).
>
> [1] Yes, such states of fuelling parameters do exist for me these days.

I think there are similar gadgets for the 790. I ended up going for a
different (presumably richer?) fuel map.

--
/Simon

Re: Snake oil?

<c241a796-abcc-4801-a121-ed25de6a1ef7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17282&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17282

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 07:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: degrees72@gmail.com (degr...@gmail.com)
 by: degr...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 14:32 UTC

On Friday, 4 August 2023 at 10:47:57 UTC+1, siwilson wrote:
> On 02/08/2023 14:38, Pete Fisher wrote:
> > I've just fitted a Fuel-X Lite to the 401. Claimed to improve the
> > twitchy and jerky performance at small throttle openings [1].
> >
> > Installation was pretty simply with the aid of a Youtube video. Fishing
> > the connector through a suitable gap was aided by a length of lock wire.
> > Just got to zip tie the cables and unit in place securely so as to still
> > be able to get the seat on.
> >
> > It starts, and after a minute or so flashing red the LED on the unit
> > went to green. No way to tell if it achieves the desired effect until I
> > ride it. It apparently also learns and adjusts if you change air filter
> > (possibly) or de-cat the zorst (no way).
> >
> > [1] Yes, such states of fuelling parameters do exist for me these days.
> >

> I think there are similar gadgets for the 790. I ended up going for a
> different (presumably richer?) fuel map.

The Fuel X Pro has switchable maps, but I don't do the riding style to need it these days, unless perhaps it includes a a wuss in rain mode.