do { : } while (!HELL_FROZEN_OVER);

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

SubjectAuthor
* Well, that's bloody annoyingPipl
+- Well, that's bloody annoyingStephen Packer
`* Well, that's bloody annoyingwessie
 +* Well, that's bloody annoyingStephen Packer
 |+* Well, that's bloody annoyingEddie
 ||`- Well, that's bloody annoyingColin Irvine
 |+- Well, that's bloody annoyingMark Olson
 |+- Well, that's bloody annoyingPete Fisher

1
Well, that's bloody annoying

<fkd2di9e6sfso436dvtp6fp8n67hencngi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17399&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17399

From: pluscher@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Well, that's bloody annoying
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 19:27:17 +0100
 by: Pipl - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:27 UTC

I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
where there had been some sort of brand sticker.

Today I noticed a couple of sticky spots on the right one where the
master cylinder has dripped brake fluid on to the paint.

I *think* it's just that the reservoir cap wasn't completely tight -
there was a dark band around it a few days ago and I did tighten it
up.

I rememember now why I don't do much cosmetic work on bikes.

--

-Pip

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<a5b48015-261b-4d6f-b283-16bc547729c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17400&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17400

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 11:41:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Well, that's bloody annoying
From: stephen.packer@gmail.com (Stephen Packer)
 by: Stephen Packer - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:41 UTC

On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:27:21 UTC+1, Pipl wrote:
> I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
> Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
> where there had been some sort of brand sticker.
>
> Today I noticed a couple of sticky spots on the right one where the
> master cylinder has dripped brake fluid on to the paint.
>
> I *think* it's just that the reservoir cap wasn't completely tight -
> there was a dark band around it a few days ago and I did tighten it
> up.
>
> I rememember now why I don't do much cosmetic work on bikes.

Maybe put a sort of brand sticker over it?

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<XnsB059C96B12F12wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17401&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17401

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:48:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:48 UTC

Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

> I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
> Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
> where there had been some sort of brand sticker.

you should know better than peel off a sticker put on by Bonwick

the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon

> Today I noticed a couple of sticky spots on the right one where the
> master cylinder has dripped brake fluid on to the paint.
>
> I *think* it's just that the reservoir cap wasn't completely tight -
> there was a dark band around it a few days ago and I did tighten it
> up.
>
> I rememember now why I don't do much cosmetic work on bikes.

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<cebaac06-a261-46d3-b70d-8a0a95d07df5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17402&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17402

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 12:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: stephen.packer@gmail.com (Stephen Packer)
 by: Stephen Packer - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 19:17 UTC

On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:48:04 UTC+1, wessie wrote:
> Pipl <plus...@live.co.uk> wrote in
> > I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
> > Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
> > where there had been some sort of brand sticker.
> >
> you should know better than peel off a sticker put on by Bonwick
>
> the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon

If I should bin, think only this of me:
There is some corner, of a foreign hotel carpark
That is forever Kawasaki. There shall be
In that rich tarmac some fairing scraps concealed;
A fairing whom Japan bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
A bike to be abused, breaking English law,
Washed by the rains, crashed by cack handed throttle control.

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<kjd5okF615gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17405&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17405

From: eddie@deguello.org (Eddie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 22:24:36 +0100
 by: Eddie - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:24 UTC

On 07/08/2023 20:17, Stephen Packer wrote:
> On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:48:04 UTC+1, wessie wrote:
>>
>> the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon
>

> If I should bin, think only this of me:
> There is some corner, of a foreign hotel carpark
> That is forever Kawasaki. There shall be
> In that rich tarmac some fairing scraps concealed;
> A fairing whom Japan bore, shaped, made aware,
> Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
> A bike to be abused, breaking English law,
> Washed by the rains, crashed by cack handed throttle control.

*applause*

--
Eddie eddie@deguello.org

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<uarrjc$31m0n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17409&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17409

From: olsonm@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 22:35:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 22:35 UTC

Stephen Packer <stephen.packer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:48:04 UTC+1, wessie wrote:
>> Pipl <plus...@live.co.uk> wrote in
>> > I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
>> > Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
>> > where there had been some sort of brand sticker.
>> >
>> you should know better than peel off a sticker put on by Bonwick
>>
>> the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon
>

> If I should bin, think only this of me:
> There is some corner, of a foreign hotel carpark
> That is forever Kawasaki. There shall be
> In that rich tarmac some fairing scraps concealed;
> A fairing whom Japan bore, shaped, made aware,
> Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
> A bike to be abused, breaking English law,
> Washed by the rains, crashed by cack handed throttle control.

Bravo!

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<kje7tdFdsk4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17411&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17411

From: peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 08:07:26 +0100
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:07 UTC

On 07/08/2023 20:17, Stephen Packer wrote:
> On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:48:04 UTC+1, wessie wrote:
>> Pipl <plus...@live.co.uk> wrote in
>>> I repainted the top fairing sides on the 10R a couple of weeks ago.
>>> Nothing fancy, just a bit of filler and rattle can Kawasaki lime green
>>> where there had been some sort of brand sticker.
>>>
>> you should know better than peel off a sticker put on by Bonwick
>>
>> the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon
>

> If I should bin, think only this of me:
> There is some corner, of a foreign hotel carpark
> That is forever Kawasaki. There shall be
> In that rich tarmac some fairing scraps concealed;
> A fairing whom Japan bore, shaped, made aware,
> Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
> A bike to be abused, breaking English law,
> Washed by the rains, crashed by cack handed throttle control.

Chapeau!
--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Well, that's bloody annoying

<m0j4di9k2tpmti4poirtsoovhdmm0g80dr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17413&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17413

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 15:07:26 +0100
 by: Colin Irvine - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 14:07 UTC

On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 22:24:36 +0100, Eddie <eddie@deguello.org> wrote:

>On 07/08/2023 20:17, Stephen Packer wrote:
>> On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 19:48:04 UTC+1, wessie wrote:
>>>
>>> the missing bits you filled were left in a car park just outside Laon
>>

>> If I should bin, think only this of me:
>> There is some corner, of a foreign hotel carpark
>> That is forever Kawasaki. There shall be
>> In that rich tarmac some fairing scraps concealed;
>> A fairing whom Japan bore, shaped, made aware,
>> Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
>> A bike to be abused, breaking English law,
>> Washed by the rains, crashed by cack handed throttle control.
>
>*applause*

+1

--
Colin Irvine