From: pluscher@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Really, really fucking annoying
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:22:43 +0100
 by: Pipl - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:22 UTC

Last Friday afternoon I ordered some odds and ends for the 10R's brake
master cylinder from Demon Tweeks, mostly as a preemptive stock of
spares and in case I needed them for Cadwell. I paid extra for the
faster courier service, to be sure the bits would arrive before I left
for Cadwell tomorrow. This evening I got an email saying that they had
despatched the stuff today.

Useless effing ladyparts.

Luckily, the fluid ooze problem seems to be the master cylinder
reservoir hose is sweating the fluid very slowy, so it's not a serious
brake problem. Very weird: I wiped it all clean on Saturday and on
Sunday, the bike not being ridden since the clean, the hose was
covered in what looked like condensation.

I'm not sure whether this is the original hose that was on the 10R
when I crashed it, or one that came with the aftermarket reservoir I
fitted (the original's mounting lug got snapped off in the crash). The
clips look very shiny, so could be the latter.

Of course, if Demon Tweeks had shipped the stuff I ordered in
reasonable time, I'd have a shny new length of Brembo hose.

--

-Pip

Re: Really, really fucking annoying

<XnsB061EA2BA83B1wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17608&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17608

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Really, really fucking annoying
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 22:01:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 22:01 UTC

Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in news:4lmndito9kd3t1d3kbvalcipsqm2qle7c2
@4ax.com:

> Last Friday afternoon I ordered some odds and ends for the 10R's brake
> master cylinder from Demon Tweeks, mostly as a preemptive stock of
> spares and in case I needed them for Cadwell. I paid extra for the
> faster courier service, to be sure the bits would arrive before I left
> for Cadwell tomorrow. This evening I got an email saying that they had
> despatched the stuff today.
>
> Useless effing ladyparts.
>
> Luckily, the fluid ooze problem seems to be the master cylinder
> reservoir hose is sweating the fluid very slowy, so it's not a serious
> brake problem. Very weird: I wiped it all clean on Saturday and on
> Sunday, the bike not being ridden since the clean, the hose was
> covered in what looked like condensation.
>
> I'm not sure whether this is the original hose that was on the 10R
> when I crashed it, or one that came with the aftermarket reservoir I
> fitted (the original's mounting lug got snapped off in the crash). The
> clips look very shiny, so could be the latter.
>
> Of course, if Demon Tweeks had shipped the stuff I ordered in
> reasonable time, I'd have a shny new length of Brembo hose.

hopeless shower - they advertised a C&S kit for my S1000XR but the chain
supplied was too short. They could not supply the correct chain and the
refund was not correct when I returned it.

Re: Really, really fucking annoying

<9c1880bd-1f05-45d5-9482-f632cf7108d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17609&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17609

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 15:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: nigel.eaton@gmail.com (WUN)
 by: WUN - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 22:48 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:22:47 PM UTC+1, Pipl wrote:
> Last Friday afternoon I ordered some odds and ends for the 10R's brake
> master cylinder from Demon Tweeks, mostly as a preemptive stock of
> spares and in case I needed them for Cadwell. I paid extra for the
> faster courier service, to be sure the bits would arrive before I left
> for Cadwell tomorrow. This evening I got an email saying that they had
> despatched the stuff today.

I'd be demanding a refund of the extra shipping costs as a minimum.
--
WUN

Re: Really, really fucking annoying

<ubh272$30non$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17612&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17612

From: olsonm@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 23:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 23:37 UTC

WUN <nigel.eaton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:22:47 PM UTC+1, Pipl wrote:
>> Last Friday afternoon I ordered some odds and ends for the 10R's brake
>> master cylinder from Demon Tweeks, mostly as a preemptive stock of
>> spares and in case I needed them for Cadwell. I paid extra for the
>> faster courier service, to be sure the bits would arrive before I left
>> for Cadwell tomorrow. This evening I got an email saying that they had
>> despatched the stuff today.
>
> I'd be demanding a refund of the extra shipping costs as a minimum.

+1.

Sods law, anything you order with express shipping to
meet a tight schedule will invariably arrive too late
for the event.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Really, really fucking annoying

<MPG.3f462563b4a67166989790@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17613&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17613

From: petrolcan@gmail.com (petrolcan)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:15:06 +0100
 by: petrolcan - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 00:15 UTC

In article <ubh272$30non$2@dont-email.me>, Mark Olson says...

> WUN <nigel.eaton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:22:47 PM UTC+1, Pipl wrote:
> >> Last Friday afternoon I ordered some odds and ends for the 10R's brake
> >> master cylinder from Demon Tweeks, mostly as a preemptive stock of
> >> spares and in case I needed them for Cadwell. I paid extra for the
> >> faster courier service, to be sure the bits would arrive before I left
> >> for Cadwell tomorrow. This evening I got an email saying that they had
> >> despatched the stuff today.
> >
> > I'd be demanding a refund of the extra shipping costs as a minimum.
>
> +1.
>
> Sods law, anything you order with express shipping to
> meet a tight schedule will invariably arrive too late
> for the event.

Just to counter, needed a new washer pump for the OH's car so ordered yesterday at 4pm from an ebay
seller, estimated arrival Saturday yet it was on my doorstep at 11am and fitted just after
lunchtime.

Re: Really, really fucking annoying

<ubhu8a$37j0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17618&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#17618

From: olsonm@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 07:35:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 07:35 UTC

petrolcan <petrolcan@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <ubh272$30non$2@dont-email.me>, Mark Olson says...
>>
>> WUN <nigel.eaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd be demanding a refund of the extra shipping costs as a minimum.
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> Sods law, anything you order with express shipping to
>> meet a tight schedule will invariably arrive too late
>> for the event.
>
> Just to counter, needed a new washer pump for the OH's car so ordered
> yesterday at 4pm from an ebay seller, estimated arrival Saturday
> yet it was on my doorstep at 11am and fitted just after lunchtime.

AKA "The exception that proves the rule".

Which is about my hatiest (TM) expression, right after "he died doing
what he loved".

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao