Sex is like air. It's only a big deal if you can't get any.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

SubjectAuthor
* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieNick Odell
`* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieChris
 `* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieSerena Blanchflower
  `* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieBrritSki
   `* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieSerena Blanchflower
    +- Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieVicky
    +* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieBrritSki
    |`* Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieSam Plusnet
    | `- Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieBrritSki
    `- Spoiler 19 Sept - FreddieChris

1
Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<5f77fb7b-4066-4a2f-8fe7-7e3f4812010cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17762&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17762

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 06:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:44 UTC

I wonder if Sarah McDonald Hughes was listening to this as she was writing Tuesday night's episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3iOKi8APVg

At the very least, I thought they ought to have had it playing in the
background.

On the killing floor I stand
With a stun gun in my hand
Like a cowboy shooting badmen on the range
And nothing satisfies
And the soul inside me dies
As I duck each punch and never risk the change

And now you look at me
With that same old used-to-be
Oh but time winds down
And I turned my back long ago

But I still dream
Oh darling I still dream

Nick
nickodell49@yahoo.ca

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<uehpln$3jli4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17780&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17780

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:06:15 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vnqaajGaLbBe1SUb7WaCoPXhV3s=
 by: Chris - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:06 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I wonder if Sarah McDonald Hughes was listening to this as she was
> writing Tuesday night's episode?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3iOKi8APVg
>
> At the very least, I thought they ought to have had it playing in the
> background.
>
> On the killing floor I stand
> With a stun gun in my hand
> Like a cowboy shooting badmen on the range
> And nothing satisfies
> And the soul inside me dies
> As I duck each punch and never risk the change
>
> And now you look at me
> With that same old used-to-be
> Oh but time winds down
> And I turned my back long ago
>
> But I still dream
> Oh darling I still dream
>

> Nick
> nickodell49@yahoo.ca

Whoosh. What a waste of space he is. And, no, I do not see him in his
presumed new career.

Mrs McT

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<uempd3$naan$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17785&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17785

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:32:19 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:32 UTC

On 21/09/2023 17:06, Chris wrote:
> Whoosh. What a waste of space he is. And, no, I do not see him in his
> presumed new career.

I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do. I think he's
grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
prison and the explosion at GG. This is something which seems to have
completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an idiot
child and won't give him the chance to prove himself. Hence a lot of
his frustration.

I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
corners when required. He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
being told to do. I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie seems
to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him a bit of
time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.

A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
Man. I am going to make an OP that he is, and that it will be Freddie
who raises the alarm and brings him down. I really hope that I'm right
about this!

--
Best wishes, Serena
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<kn87upF8g39U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17786&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17786

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:36:26 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:36 UTC

On 23/09/2023 14:32, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 21/09/2023 17:06, Chris wrote:
>> Whoosh.  What a waste of space he is.  And, no, I do not see him in his
>> presumed new career.
>
> I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do.  I think he's
> grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
> prison and the explosion at GG.  This is something which seems to have
> completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an idiot
> child and won't give him the chance to prove himself.  Hence a lot of
> his frustration.

<LW>

> I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
> fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
> corners when required.

<Lshakeofhead> I think Vince has seen what you have....

He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
> too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
> being told to do.  I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie seems
> to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him a bit of
> time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.
>
> A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
> Man.

Who or what is the Grey Man ?

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<uemqri$naan$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17787&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17787

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:57:05 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:57 UTC

On 23/09/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 14:32, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 21/09/2023 17:06, Chris wrote:
>>> Whoosh.  What a waste of space he is.  And, no, I do not see him in his
>>> presumed new career.
>>
>> I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do.  I think he's
>> grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
>> prison and the explosion at GG.  This is something which seems to have
>> completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an idiot
>> child and won't give him the chance to prove himself.  Hence a lot of
>> his frustration.
>
> <LW>
>>
>> I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
>> fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
>> corners when required.
>
> <Lshakeofhead> I think Vince has seen what you have....

That's possible but his surprise at Freddie coping with his first day's
work at the abattoir didn't sound like that.

> He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
>> too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
>> being told to do.  I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie
>> seems to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him a
>> bit of time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.
>>
>> A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
>> Man.
>
> Who or what is the Grey Man ?

The ultimate boss of the Borsetshire slave owners.

--
Best wishes, Serena
I finally got my head together, and my body fell apart.

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<kq3ugi9su63bt4vilaol4qhtjf50b655d0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17788&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17788

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 17:17:00 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 16:17 UTC

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:57:05 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
<nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>On 23/09/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do.  I think he's
>>> grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
>>> prison and the explosion at GG.  This is something which seems to have
>>> completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an idiot
>>> child and won't give him the chance to prove himself.  Hence a lot of
>>> his frustration.
>>
>> <LW>
>>>
>>> I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
>>> fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
>>> corners when required.
>>
>> <Lshakeofhead> I think Vince has seen what you have....
>
>That's possible but his surprise at Freddie coping with his first day's
>work at the abattoir didn't sound like that.
>

>> He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
>>> too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
>>> being told to do.  I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie
>>> seems to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him a
>>> bit of time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.
>>>
>>> A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
>>> Man.
>>
>> Who or what is the Grey Man ?
>>

>The ultimate boss of the Borsetshire slave owners.

I want Vince to be shown as something bad and to be expelled from LL.
Am I being accentist?

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<kna9i2FigceU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17790&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17790

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 09:16:02 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 08:16 UTC

On 23/09/2023 14:57, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do.  I think he's
>>> grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
>>> prison and the explosion at GG.  This is something which seems to
>>> have completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an
>>> idiot child and won't give him the chance to prove himself.  Hence a
>>> lot of his frustration.
>>
>> <LW>
>>>
>>> I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
>>> fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
>>> corners when required.
>>
>> <Lshakeofhead> I think Vince has seen what you have....
>
> That's possible but his surprise at Freddie coping with his first day's
> work at the abattoir didn't sound like that.

Ah, I'm still catching up after our week in Majorca.

>> He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
>>> too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
>>> being told to do.  I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie
>>> seems to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him
>>> a bit of time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.
>>>
>>> A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
>>> Man.
>>
>> Who or what is the Grey Man ?
>>

> The ultimate boss of the Borsetshire slave owners.

Thanks.

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<WZ_PM.68299$uu_.58094@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17794&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17794

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 19:12:05 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 18:12 UTC

On 24/09/2023 09:16, BrritSki wrote:

> Ah, I'm still catching up after our week in Majorca.

Is that Ma-jaw-ka or Ma-your-ka?

How was the water?

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<ueq55i$1gfbi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17796&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17796

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:11:30 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eN2sZFy/LNUWCIC3cQZ0Jr4ryVk=
 by: Chris - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:11 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 14:36, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I rate Freddie a lot more highly than you do.  I think he's
>>> grown up enormously in the past few years, since both coming out of
>>> prison and the explosion at GG.  This is something which seems to have
>>> completely escaped most of his family, who still treat him as an idiot
>>> child and won't give him the chance to prove himself.  Hence a lot of
>>> his frustration.
>>
>> <LW>
>>>
>>> I think Vince has given him this new job on the assumption that he's
>>> fundamentally weak and that it'll be easy to bully him into cutting
>>> corners when required.
>>
>> <Lshakeofhead> I think Vince has seen what you have....
>
> That's possible but his surprise at Freddie coping with his first day's
> work at the abattoir didn't sound like that.
>

>> He also assumes, no doubt, that Freddie will be
>>> too thick to join the dots and realise the implications of what he's
>>> being told to do.  I think Vince may be in for a shock, as Freddie
>>> seems to have pretty strong principles and, although it may take him a
>>> bit of time to work things out, I reckon he'll get there in the end.
>>>
>>> A while back, there was some speculation that Vince might be the Grey
>>> Man.
>>
>> Who or what is the Grey Man ?
>>

> The ultimate boss of the Borsetshire slave owners.

Hmm. I certainly don’t like Vince. I’m with Davud on that.

Mrs McT

Re: Spoiler 19 Sept - Freddie

<knbk8kFov11U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17797&group=uk.media.radio.archers#17797

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 21:24:52 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:24 UTC

On 24/09/2023 19:12, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 24/09/2023 09:16, BrritSki wrote:
>

>> Ah, I'm still catching up after our week in Majorca.
>
> Is that Ma-jaw-ka or Ma-your-ka?
>
> How was the water?

Lovely for swimming until I perforated my eardrum.

Salty too, but unfortunately that was out of the tap.

We also had rather a lot of water falling out of the sky on the
penultimate day and last night.

Can't complain, lovely hotel right on the beach at Cala Santanyi and
some fabulous food. Also an English Ballet corps de ballet dancer who
was practicing on the beach every morning. Tough on wet sand, and
couldn't get en pointe obvs. She'll be in the Christmas production of
Nutcracker - she could crack mine any time...