From: pluscher@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: That's a job I have never done before on a bike
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 17:47:25 +0100
 by: Pipl - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:47 UTC

Alternator belt change.

At some 63K miles and 15 years, I finally got round to it. After
reading horror stories, the Guzzi's belt was merely a bit perished.

It was a surprisingly easy job (which is always worrying; what did I
miss?) even though I had to remove several bits and bobs to get at
stuff: fuel tank, front tank trim, RH ignition coil, crankcase
breather, and drop the oil cooler.

I also refitted the satnav wiring, this time to a connector that is
switched.

All *seems* OK.

--

-Pip

Re: That's a job I have never done before on a bike

<ud9ev4$2ecmk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18070&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#18070

From: me@invalid.nl (GeoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: That's a job I have never done before on a bike
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:58:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: GeoffC - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:58 UTC

Pipl wrote:

> Alternator belt change.
>
> At some 63K miles and 15 years, I finally got round to it. After
> reading horror stories, the Guzzi's belt was merely a bit perished.
>
> It was a surprisingly easy job (which is always worrying; what did I
> miss?) even though I had to remove several bits and bobs to get at
> stuff: fuel tank, front tank trim, RH ignition coil, crankcase
> breather, and drop the oil cooler.
>
> I also refitted the satnav wiring, this time to a connector that is
> switched.
>
> All seems OK.

It's been more than a week.
You should have come to terms with it by now.
No "Unknown unknowns" ?

--

Geoff
NTV650

Re: That's a job I have never done before on a bike

<1kohfihsfmileemcisce7c3v6i4j7f7g8m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18088&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#18088

From: pluscher@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 21:39:49 +0100
 by: Pipl - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 20:39 UTC

On Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:58:12 -0000 (UTC), "GeoffC" <me@invalid.nl>
wrote:

>Pipl wrote:
>
>> Alternator belt change.
>>
>> At some 63K miles and 15 years, I finally got round to it. After
>> reading horror stories, the Guzzi's belt was merely a bit perished.
>>
>> It was a surprisingly easy job (which is always worrying; what did I
>> miss?) even though I had to remove several bits and bobs to get at
>> stuff: fuel tank, front tank trim, RH ignition coil, crankcase
>> breather, and drop the oil cooler.
>>
>> I also refitted the satnav wiring, this time to a connector that is
>> switched.
>>
>> All seems OK.
>
>It's been more than a week.
>You should have come to terms with it by now.
>No "Unknown unknowns" ?

Not yet. I've only done one commute, with satnav set to work postcode.
It was pretty much business as usual. Apart, that is, from the satnav
suggesting a different route (filled with traffic) to the one I
usually take, and freezing up a couple of times at the start f the
journey, which is nothing new.

--

-Pip