Love at first sight is one of the greatest labor-saving devices the world has ever seen.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

SubjectAuthor
* Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_15th_to_20carolet
+* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023Vicky
|+- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023Vicky
|`* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 15th to 20th October 2023Nick Odell
| `- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 15th to 20th October 2023Vicky
+- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 15th toIain Archer
`* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023Pete W
 +* Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersChris
 |`* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023Serena Blanchflower
 | `* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersJohn Ashby
 |  `* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th ONick Odell
 |   +* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits andMike McMillan
 |   |`* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersSam Plusnet
 |   | +* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersTony Smith
 |   | |+* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersNick Odell
 |   | ||+- Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersKate B
 |   | ||`- Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersIain Archer
 |   | |`- Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits andMike McMillan
 |   | `- Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits andMike McMillan
 |   `* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th OJ. P. Gilliver
 |    `* Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and SpoilersJane Vernon
 |     `- Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th OJ. P. Gilliver
 `- Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023John Ashby

1
Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 15th to 20th October 2023

<ug9occ$2m4up$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18184&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18184

From: carolet.umrat@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_15th_to_20
th_October_2023
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100
 by: carolet - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:27 UTC

Cast :
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
Alan Franks - John Telfer
Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
George Grundy - Angus Stobie
Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane

Writer : Sarah Hehir
Director : Pip Swallow
Editor : Jeremy Howe

Spoilers:
Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
accused.
Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
comes to a controversial decision.
Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
something up his sleeve.
Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
doesn’t know where to turn.

--
CaroleT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023

<vd0iii5oveguskiafolds1ljs07fknt4ga@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18191&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18191

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ??? 15th to 20th October 2023
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:44:13 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 08:44 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
>Cast :
>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>Alan Franks - John Telfer
>Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>
>Writer : Sarah Hehir
>Director : Pip Swallow
>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>Spoilers:
>Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>accused.

Finally a murder mystery on TA. Blob is dead and did Lee do it? So
many possible killers. Harrison investigates and is transferred to CID
at increased pay, so Fallon is ok with an uncertain future.

Clarrie is promoted to run the dairy as Helen is busy briefing lawyers
for Lee and probably her mum.

>Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.

Adil scarpered and there is a hole in the finances and GG is not ready
to open. Pip asked Stella to move in.

>Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.

Who will organise making GG fit for use. Ian is employed to redesign
the kitchen.

>Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>comes to a controversial decision.

Lynda finds Adil went owing rent. And took the silver. Oliver decides
to get her to organise the refit of GG!!!

>Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>something up his sleeve.
Harrison is interviewed by the Bish.
George has been in the Bull getting people to bet playing cards and is
found to be cheating.

>Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>doesn’t know where to turn.

Oliver needs to sell Grange farm. He gives them notice. Helen is
interviewed, as is Pat, as well as Lee, to solve the Blob murder.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023

<92fiii9m7h8n7ogc7g8bt11l9971f63pbs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18200&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18200

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:47:33 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 12:47 UTC

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:44:13 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>>
>>Cast :
>>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>>Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>>Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>>Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>>Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>>Alan Franks - John Telfer
>>Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>>Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>>George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>>Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>>Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>>Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>>Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>>Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>>Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>>
>>Writer : Sarah Hehir
>>Director : Pip Swallow
>>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>>Spoilers:
>>Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>>accused.
>
>Finally a murder mystery on TA. Blob is dead and did Lee do it? So
>many possible killers. Harrison investigates and is transferred to CID
>at increased pay, so Fallon is ok with an uncertain future.
>
>Clarrie is promoted to run the dairy as Helen is busy briefing lawyers
>for Lee and probably her mum.
>
>>Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
>
>Adil scarpered and there is a hole in the finances and GG is not ready
>to open. Pip asked Stella to move in.
>
>>Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
>
>Who will organise making GG fit for use. Ian is employed to redesign
>the kitchen.
>
>>Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>>comes to a controversial decision.
>
>Lynda finds Adil went owing rent. And took the silver. Oliver decides
>to get her to organise the refit of GG!!!
>
>>Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>>something up his sleeve.
>Harrison is interviewed by the Bish.

Not Harrison, Alan.
>George has been in the Bull getting people to bet playing cards and is
>found to be cheating.
>
>>Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>>doesn’t know where to turn.
>
>Oliver needs to sell Grange farm. He gives them notice. Helen is
>interviewed, as is Pat, as well as Lee, to solve the Blob murder.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 15th to 20th October 2023

<s8gjii57mg85dchfb99angm52uv0f7n7m2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18214&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18214

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:13:59 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 22:13 UTC

wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>>
>>Cast :
>>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>>Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>>Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>>Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>>Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>>Alan Franks - John Telfer
>>Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>>Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>>George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>>Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>>Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>>Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>>Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>>Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>>Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>>
>>Writer : Sarah Hehir
>>Director : Pip Swallow
>>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>>Spoilers:
>>Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>>accused.
>
>Finally a murder mystery on TA. Blob is dead and did Lee do it? So

Erme - I presume you are not using Blob in the Daily Telegraph sense?

>many possible killers. Harrison investigates and is transferred to CID
>at increased pay, so Fallon is ok with an uncertain future.
>
>Clarrie is promoted to run the dairy as Helen is busy briefing lawyers
>for Lee and probably her mum.
>
>>Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
>
>Adil scarpered and there is a hole in the finances and GG is not ready
>to open. Pip asked Stella to move in.
>
>>Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
>
>Who will organise making GG fit for use. Ian is employed to redesign
>the kitchen.
>
>>Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>>comes to a controversial decision.
>
>Lynda finds Adil went owing rent. And took the silver. Oliver decides
>to get her to organise the refit of GG!!!
>
>>Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>>something up his sleeve.
>Harrison is interviewed by the Bish.
>George has been in the Bull getting people to bet playing cards and is
>found to be cheating.
>
>>Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>>doesn’t know where to turn.
>
>Oliver needs to sell Grange farm. He gives them notice. Helen is
>interviewed, as is Pat, as well as Lee, to solve the Blob murder.

Not really a spoiler but, based on recent events I'm wondering whether
it is too early for The Ambridge Players to be thinking about their
next production? We've done the Mystery Plays, Lark Rise and The
Canterbury tales and now it is time for..

The Wicker Man

Into Ambridge, a small island off the coast of Birmingham, wanders a
most unwelcome visitor. After having been so horrible to all of them,
he can't quite understand why they are all smiling and welcoming him
into their community.....

Nick

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 15th to 20th October 2023

<mtkkii5hfav3fnhhkuiqul8pmilk897ja7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18218&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18218

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:43:31 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 08:43 UTC

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:13:59 +0100, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

> [...]
>>Harrison is interviewed by the Bish.
>>George has been in the Bull getting people to bet playing cards and is
>>found to be cheating.
>>
>>>Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>>>doesn’t know where to turn.
>>
>>Oliver needs to sell Grange farm. He gives them notice. Helen is
>>interviewed, as is Pat, as well as Lee, to solve the Blob murder.
>
>Not really a spoiler but, based on recent events I'm wondering whether
>it is too early for The Ambridge Players to be thinking about their
>next production? We've done the Mystery Plays, Lark Rise and The
>Canterbury tales and now it is time for..
>
>The Wicker Man
>
>Into Ambridge, a small island off the coast of Birmingham, wanders a
>most unwelcome visitor. After having been so horrible to all of them,
>he can't quite understand why they are all smiling and welcoming him

The last Midsommer we watched had a pagan ceremony where a supposedly
straw body was burned. The police arrived in time to take it off the
fire and unwrap it and it wasn't straw. I can't remember if it was
dead or alive.And it was 2 days ago when we saw it. I'm a very old
pensioner, you know.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 15th to 20th October 2023

<ugek5i$3v4l4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18223&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18223

From: ianews@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 15th to
20th October 2023
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 17:46:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 17:46 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet wrote:

> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
> Cast :
> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
> Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
> Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
> Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
> Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
> Alan Franks - John Telfer
> Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
> Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
> George Grundy - Angus Stobie
> Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
> Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
> Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
> Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
> Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
> Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane

The castometer's spun out two teams of three this week. The
tug-of-war is surely going to be a walkover for the Grundys,
with the Archers probably odds on for the crazy golf, and all
to play for in the third event.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 15th to 20th October 2023

<4mdqiill5ioop264gdvn4od91gmffdug57@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18238&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18238

From: pete@never.here (Pete W)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:17:36 +0100
 by: Pete W - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:17 UTC

wrote:

>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
>Cast :
>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>Alan Franks - John Telfer
>Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>
>Writer : Sarah Hehir
>Director : Pip Swallow
>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>Spoilers:
>Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>accused.

After listening to Sunday's episode, and Monday's repeat. I know,
sucker for punishment <g> I wonder whether Henry has been writing
rude words on the church door.

>Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
>Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
>Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>comes to a controversial decision.
>Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>something up his sleeve.
>Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>doesn’t know where to turn.
---
Pete.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 15th to 20th October 2023

<ugjoe1$1i56i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18239&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18239

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers
– 15th to 20th October 2023
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:29:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:pLyhbGvaOnDCbdNp3qKq3IkF5+w=
 by: Chris - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:29 UTC

Pete W <pete@never.here> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>>
>> Cast :
>> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>> Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>> Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>> Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>> Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>> Alan Franks - John Telfer
>> Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>> Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>> George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>> Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>> Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>> Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>> Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>> Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>> Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>>
>> Writer : Sarah Hehir
>> Director : Pip Swallow
>> Editor : Jeremy Howe

>> Spoilers:
>> Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>> accused.
>
> After listening to Sunday's episode, and Monday's repeat. I know,
> sucker for punishment <g> I wonder whether Henry has been writing
> rude words on the church door.
>
>> Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
>> Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
>> Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>> comes to a controversial decision.
>> Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>> something up his sleeve.
>> Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>> doesn’t know where to turn.
> ---
> Pete.

Probably not this time. He’s been proper scared by G Grundy and the
despicable Ticheners.

My money’s on G Grundy.

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023

<ugjoo8$19g5o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18240&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18240

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:35:20 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:35 UTC

On 16/10/2023 17:29, Chris wrote:
> Pete W <pete@never.here> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>>>
>>> Cast :
>>> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>>> Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>>> Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>>> Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>>> Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>>> Alan Franks - John Telfer
>>> Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>>> Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>>> George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>>> Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>>> Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>>> Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>>> Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>>> Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>>> Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>>>
>>> Writer : Sarah Hehir
>>> Director : Pip Swallow
>>> Editor : Jeremy Howe

>>> Spoilers:
>>> Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>>> accused.
>>
>> After listening to Sunday's episode, and Monday's repeat. I know,
>> sucker for punishment <g> I wonder whether Henry has been writing
>> rude words on the church door.
>>
>>> Monday 16th - Oliver faces a crisis, and Pip takes a big step.
>>> Tuesday 17th - There’s chaos at Grey Gables, and Ian offers some advice.
>>> Wednesday 18th - One resident makes a shocking discovery, and Oliver
>>> comes to a controversial decision.
>>> Thursday 19th - Alan faces a difficult conversation, and George has
>>> something up his sleeve.
>>> Friday 20th - The Grundys have the rug pulled from under them, and Helen
>>> doesn’t know where to turn.
>> ---
>> Pete.
>>

> Probably not this time. He’s been proper scared by G Grundy and the
> despicable Ticheners.
>
> My money’s on G Grundy.

I think it's a very high probability that it's one or the other of them.
I also think it's almost as probable that the wrong one of them will
get the blame, with the truth only coming out some way into the future.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Dreaming, I dreamt that life was all joy. Waking, I found that life

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023

<ugk076$1jti7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18241&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18241

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:42:46 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:42 UTC

On 16/10/2023 14:17, Pete W wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:41 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>>
>> Cast :
>> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>> Henry Archer - Blayke Darby
>> Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
>> Lee Bryce - Ryan Early
>> Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>> Alan Franks - John Telfer
>> Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>> Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
>> George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>> Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>> Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>> Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
>> Stella Pryor - Lucy Speed
>> Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>> Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
>>
>> Writer : Sarah Hehir
>> Director : Pip Swallow
>> Editor : Jeremy Howe

>> Spoilers:
>> Sunday 15th - Clarrie finds herself in the spotlight, and Lee stands
>> accused.
>
> After listening to Sunday's episode, and Monday's repeat. I know,
> sucker for punishment <g> I wonder whether Henry has been writing
> rude words on the church door.
YANAOU

john

Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ugk0bh$1jti7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18242&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18242

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers
15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:45:05 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:45 UTC

On 16/10/2023 17:35, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 16/10/2023 17:29, Chris wrote:
>> Pete W <pete@never.here> wrote:

>>> After listening to Sunday's episode, and Monday's repeat. I know,
>>> sucker for punishment <g>  I wonder whether Henry has been writing
>>> rude words on the church door.

>>> ---
>>> Pete.
>>>

>> Probably not this time.  He’s been proper scared by G Grundy and the
>> despicable Ticheners.
>>
>> My money’s on G Grundy.
>

> I think it's a very high probability that it's one or the other of them.
>  I also think it's almost as probable that the wrong one of them will
> get the blame, with the truth only coming out some way into the future.

Complete the following sentence in niot more tha 280 characters

Rob Tichener is a c...

john

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<sbbsiil9i5lcrni4qpsfnq4rm4qnpavdes@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18243&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18243

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:57:48 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:57 UTC

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:45:05 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 16/10/2023 17:35, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

>>> Probably not this time.  He’s been proper scared by G Grundy and the
>>> despicable Ticheners.
>>>
>>> My money’s on G Grundy.
>>

>> I think it's a very high probability that it's one or the other of them.
>>  I also think it's almost as probable that the wrong one of them will
>> get the blame, with the truth only coming out some way into the future.
>>

>Complete the following sentence in niot more tha 280 characters
>
>Rob Tichener is a c...

ommitted, converted Christian whose soul motivation with the life
remaining to him is to leave the world a better place with properly
made custard.
Signed,
Rob Tichener.(169)

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<uglf7n$2rh5v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18244&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18244

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and
Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:05:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Wunw+mJq/KJNv29UHKQFUWUO/Gs=
 by: Mike McMillan - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:05 UTC

Tuna anyone?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<mWzXM.10378$_z39.5041@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18251&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18251

15th to 20th October 2023)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:57:37 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:57 UTC

On 17-Oct-23 9:05, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:45:05 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Complete the following sentence in niot more tha 280 characters
>>>
>>> Rob Tichener is a c...
>>
>> ommitted, converted Christian whose soul motivation with the life
>> remaining to him is to leave the world a better place with properly
>> made custard.
>> Signed,
>> Rob Tichener.(169)
>>

> Tuna anyone?

The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ffb15a0b-7861-4101-906d-e63f0e7b80d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18252&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18252

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:26:10 -0700 (PDT)
15th to 20th October 2023)
From: agsmith578688@gmail.com (Tony Smith)
 by: Tony Smith - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:26 UTC

On Tuesday, 17 October 2023 at 18:57:41 UTC+1, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 17-Oct-23 9:05, Mike McMillan wrote:
> > Nick Odell <nicko...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> >> ommitted, converted Christian whose soul motivation with the life
> >> remaining to him is to leave the world a better place with properly
> >> made custard.
> >> Signed,
> >> Rob Tichener.(169)
> >>

> > Tuna anyone?
> The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.

O for tuna, velut luna, statu variabilis

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<75d2e694-ac65-4e55-8030-b8fee65df564n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18253&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18253

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
15th to 20th October 2023)
From: nickodell@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 03:54 UTC

On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 10:26:11 PM UTC+1, Tony Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 October 2023 at 18:57:41 UTC+1, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> > > Tuna anyone?
> > The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.
> >
> O for tuna, velut luna, statu variabilis

:-)

Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite

Nick

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ugo6hr$3i7j5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18256&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18256

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:55:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eIRVrlweA6qT2MlLnbjODTDgMzQ=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:55 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 17-Oct-23 9:05, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>>> ommitted, converted Christian whose soul motivation with the life
>>> remaining to him is to leave the world a better place with properly
>>> made custard.
>>> Signed,
>>> Rob Tichener.(169)
>>>

>> Tuna anyone?
>
> The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.

The devil will always take any opper tuna ti.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ugo6ji$3i7ur$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18257&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18257

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:56:18 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9wk3Pv/Mu3+8gY3fUHYw4S8iWLA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:56 UTC

Cat’s lament … Oh for Tuna!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<kp9pkeFjujkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18258&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18258

From: elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:16:50 +0100
 by: Kate B - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:16 UTC

On 18/10/2023 04:54, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 10:26:11 PM UTC+1, Tony Smith wrote:

>>> The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.
>>>
>> O for tuna, velut luna, statu variabilis
>
> :-)
>
> Hac in hora
> sine mora
> corde pulsum tangite;
> quod per sortem
> sternit fortem,
> mecum omnes plangite

Bravo!

--
Kate B

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ugom6k$3kkci$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18259&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18259

From: ianews@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:22:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:22 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:54:37 -0700, Nick Odell wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 10:26:11 PM UTC+1, Tony Smith wrote:

[snip]
> [...]

Helen

>> > The devil has all the best tuna... or something like that.
>> >
>> O for tuna, velut luna, statu variabilis
>
> :-)
>
> Hac in hora
> sine mora
> corde pulsum tangite;
> quod per sortem
> sternit fortem,
> mecum omnes plangite

Indeed. I've been half wondering if the scenario he has
in mind includes a public proclamation of his forgiveness
for Helen, etc. (whereupon plangent omnes)

But it ain't half over till the fat roast swan sings,
and who among us can foretell what the sage scribes of
Pebble Mill will bring.

Iain

Iain

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<6tvZ$yD9oGMlFwqt@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18261&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18261

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 00:29:01 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 23:29 UTC

In message <sbbsiil9i5lcrni4qpsfnq4rm4qnpavdes@4ax.com> at Tue, 17 Oct
2023 07:57:48, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes
>On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 19:45:05 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
[]
>>Complete the following sentence in niot more tha 280 characters
>>
>>Rob Tichener is a c...
>
>ommitted, converted Christian whose soul motivation with the life
>remaining to him is to leave the world a better place with properly
>made custard.
>Signed,
>Rob Tichener.(169)

I suspect John had another word in mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk
(WARNING: *VERY* strong language.)

when people say they're perfectly happy without children, we don't have to
presume they're lying! - Paul Dolan, RT 2015/1/3-9

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<kpc7m3FaqopU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18263&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18263

From: spam@nopotteratthisaddress.co.uk (Jane Vernon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
15th to 20th October 2023)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:28:53 +0100
 by: Jane Vernon - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:28 UTC

On 19/10/2023 00:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:

> I suspect John had another word in mind:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk
> (WARNING: *VERY* strong language.)

Oh, I do love that song. Once I start getting into Christmas spirit
(December, I expect) I shall be reposting the link on all my social media.

--
Jane
The Amethyst Artist

Re: Caption Competition (Was Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 15th to 20th October 2023)

<ZLZxWTPmDTMlFwdy@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18275&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18275

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:36:38 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:36 UTC

In message <kpc7m3FaqopU1@mid.individual.net> at Thu, 19 Oct 2023
09:28:53, Jane Vernon <spam@nopotteratthisaddress.co.uk> writes
>On 19/10/2023 00:29, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>
>> I suspect John had another word in mind:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk
>> (WARNING: *VERY* strong language.)
>
>Oh, I do love that song. Once I start getting into Christmas spirit
>(December, I expect) I shall be reposting the link on all my social
>media.

I also push this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZR3lJobjw

and this quote:
I long for the commercialised Christmas of the 1970s. It's got so
religious now, it's lost its true meaning. - Mike
[{at}ostic.demon.co.uk], 2003-12-24

Radio 4 is one of the reasons being British is good. It's not a subset of
Britain - it's almost as if Britain is a subset of Radio 4. - Stephen Fry, in
Radio Times, 7-13 June, 2003.