"Mind if I smoke?" "Yes, I'd like to see that, does it come out of your ears or what?"

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

SubjectAuthor
* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Iain Archer
+* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Nick Odell
|+* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?John Ashby
||+* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?J. P. Gilliver
|||+* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Jenny M Benson
|||`* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Sam Plusnet
||| +* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Mike McMillan
||| `* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?BrritSki
|||  `* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?John Ashby
|||   `* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?BrritSki
|||    `* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?John Ashby
|||     `- Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?BrritSki
||+- Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Mike McMillan
||`- Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Chris
|`* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Penny
| `* Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Mike McMillan
|  `- Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Penny
`- Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?Clive Arthur

1
Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uharjn$m0b8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18376&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18376

From: ianews@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45 UTC

About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
the note on computer that I meant to.

Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.

Iain

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<5ociji94ukalgmjc4bi4e9mld1ovcfjqu7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18379&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18379

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:34:12 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 15:34 UTC

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45:11 -0000 (UTC), Iain Archer
<ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:

>About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
>programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
>would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
>of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
>very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
>the note on computer that I meant to.
>
>Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
>that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
>ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
>through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
>But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
>maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.

Sorry, nothing comes to mind.

Now, if it had been a mystery limb amputation then I might have
suggested the World Service cricketing programme "Stumped."

Having been listening to radio at rather odd times around the clock
and around the globe recently, I've been surprised at how often
Rutherford and Fry have turned up in the World Service "Discovery"
slot but, thanks to the way the R&F pages seem to be (dis)organised
(or more likely, my incompetence at searching them) I haven't yet
worked out what I may have listened to recently. I think one of the
programmes mentioned newts shedding their tails and the markers this
may have for human medicine. That's the closest I can get. Sorry.

If you find it, do let us know!

Nick

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhbe72$ruhc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18380&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18380

From: clive@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:02:41 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:02 UTC

On 25/10/2023 11:45, Iain Archer wrote:
> About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
> programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
> would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
> of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
> very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
> the note on computer that I meant to.
>
> Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
> that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
> ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
> through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
> But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
> maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.
>
> Iain

Quite possibly this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/whats-the-point-of-pain/p0gbsy0y?playlist=made-in-partnership-with-the-royal-society

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18382&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18382

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:54 UTC

On 25/10/2023 16:34, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45:11 -0000 (UTC), Iain Archer
> <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
>> programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
>> would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
>> of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
>> very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
>> the note on computer that I meant to.
>>
>> Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
>> that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
>> ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
>> through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
>> But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
>> maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.
>>
> Sorry, nothing comes to mind.
>
> Now, if it had been a mystery limb amputation then I might have
> suggested the World Service cricketing programme "Stumped."

I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
Health initiative. One question went (approximately)

Have you ever had amputated:

a) Toes
b) Left leg below the knee
c) Left leg above the knee
d) Right leg below the knee
e) Right leg above the knee
f) None of the above
g) Not sure
h) Decline to answer

I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
something like that.

john

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<Ac+1F6u6SXOlFwu5@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18385&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18385

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 21:04:10 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 20:04 UTC

In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
[]
>I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
>Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>
>Have you ever had amputated:
>
>a) Toes
>b) Left leg below the knee
>c) Left leg above the knee
>d) Right leg below the knee
>e) Right leg above the knee
>f) None of the above
>g) Not sure
>h) Decline to answer
>
>I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
>something like that.
>
>john

Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which seems
a valid possibility.)

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.
It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.
-Robert Maynard Hutchins, educator (1899-1977)

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<kptbt6Fbgs4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18386&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18386

From: NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 21:25:10 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 20:25 UTC

On 25/10/2023 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
> []
>> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
>> Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>>
>> Have you ever had amputated:
>>
>> a) Toes
>> b) Left leg below the knee
>> c) Left leg above the knee
>> d) Right leg below the knee
>> e) Right leg above the knee
>> f) None of the above
>> g) Not sure
>> h) Decline to answer
>>
>> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
>> something like that.
>>
>> john
>
> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which seems
> a valid possibility.)

It's related to teachers not knowing grammar. I do a lot of surveys
(YouGov and Newvistalive mainly) and I have ceased to be amazed by the
number of them that are so badly written one has no choice other than to
give up or tell a lie.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<$cI6lnvi6XOlFwoz@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18387&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18387

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 21:46:26 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 20:46 UTC

In message <kptbt6Fbgs4U1@mid.individual.net> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023
21:25:10, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> writes
[]
>It's related to teachers not knowing grammar. I do a lot of surveys
>(YouGov and Newvistalive mainly) and I have ceased to be amazed by the
>number of them that are so badly written one has no choice other than
>to give up or tell a lie.

Ah, like "did our website [or whatever] meet your expectations?" which I
usually end up answering with a lie - because it did indeed meet my
expectations, which were extremely low, but that's not how they'd
interpret a "yes".

"Who came first? Adam or Eve?" "Adam of course; men always do."
Victoria Wood (via Peter Hesketh)

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<oph_M.65447$a3p4.31831@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18388&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18388

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:20:52 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 23:20 UTC

On 25-Oct-23 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
> []
>> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
>> Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>>
>> Have you ever had amputated:
>>
>> a) Toes
>> b) Left leg below the knee
>> c) Left leg above the knee
>> d) Right leg below the knee
>> e) Right leg above the knee
>> f) None of the above
>> g) Not sure
>> h) Decline to answer
>>
>> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
>> something like that.
>>
>> john
>
> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which seems
> a valid possibility.)

a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhd5sb$1en3g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18390&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18390

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:52:44 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6HZWBZXoKtce4N52WarXQNWX8+k=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:52 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/2023 16:34, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45:11 -0000 (UTC), Iain Archer
>> <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
>>> programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
>>> would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
>>> of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
>>> very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
>>> the note on computer that I meant to.
>>>
>>> Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
>>> that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
>>> ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
>>> through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
>>> But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
>>> maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.
>>>
>> Sorry, nothing comes to mind.
>>
>> Now, if it had been a mystery limb amputation then I might have
>> suggested the World Service cricketing programme "Stumped."
>>

> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
> Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>
> Have you ever had amputated:
>
> a) Toes
> b) Left leg below the knee
> c) Left leg above the knee
> d) Right leg below the knee
> e) Right leg above the knee
> f) None of the above
> g) Not sure
> h) Decline to answer
>
> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
> something like that.
>
> john

Well, unless you toed the line, I don’t think you would have a leg to stand
on.Haven’t had that OFH questionnaire yet.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhd633$1eoso$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18391&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18391

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:56:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OPDI6GB9zaTU8lKk8GiW9tiPyoo=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:56 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 25-Oct-23 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>> []
>>> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
>>> Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>>>
>>> Have you ever had amputated:
>>>
>>> a) Toes
>>> b) Left leg below the knee
>>> c) Left leg above the knee
>>> d) Right leg below the knee
>>> e) Right leg above the knee
>>> f) None of the above
>>> g) Not sure
>>> h) Decline to answer
>>>
>>> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
>>> something like that.
>>>
>>> john
>>
>> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which seems
>> a valid possibility.)
>
> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).

Still having the toes whilst having lost the the would be a clever trick!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhd652$1epcd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18392&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18392

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:57:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QFlRPpdvHb4GjqaFhNU2QfxkTOM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:57 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>> On 25-Oct-23 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
>>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>>> []

>>> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which seems
>>> a valid possibility.)
>>
>> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).
>>

> Still having the toes whilst having lost the the would be a clever trick!

Leg, leg, LEG!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhd69v$1eqgl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18393&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18393

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:59:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:nOBcLAd1+c9ubfPxglBsniygdBI=
 by: Chris - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:59 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/2023 16:34, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:45:11 -0000 (UTC), Iain Archer
>> <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> About a week ago, or maybe up to two, a half-hour BBC radio
>>> programme, on R4, R4E, or WS, had closing mentions of what
>>> would be featured the following week, including iirc the case
>>> of a woman with a ?? mystery limb affliction. The which I'd
>>> very much like to hear, but can't now trace. I didn't make
>>> the note on computer that I meant to.
>>>
>>> Any recollections? I've a feeling it might have been a programme
>>> that was newish to me rather than one one of the regular medical
>>> ones. I'm aware of the new R4 comedy/health mix one, so I'll trawl
>>> through that, though the latest one seems to have been just breasts.
>>> But it's mainly an actual recollection I'm hoping for, while it's
>>> maybe still fresh and in a well-indexed mind.
>>>
>> Sorry, nothing comes to mind.
>>
>> Now, if it had been a mystery limb amputation then I might have
>> suggested the World Service cricketing programme "Stumped."
>>

> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our Future
> Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>
> Have you ever had amputated:
>
> a) Toes
> b) Left leg below the knee
> c) Left leg above the knee
> d) Right leg below the knee
> e) Right leg above the knee
> f) None of the above
> g) Not sure
> h) Decline to answer
>
> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
> something like that.
>
> john

McT signed up to this.

Mrs McT

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<kpukkmFvh8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18395&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18395

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 09:00:22 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 08:00 UTC

On 26/10/2023 00:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 25-Oct-23 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:54:11,
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>> []
>>> I took a medical questionnaire the other day as part of the Our
>>> Future Health initiative. One question went (approximately)
>>>
>>> Have you ever had amputated:
>>>
>>> a) Toes
>>> b) Left leg below the knee
>>> c) Left leg above the knee
>>> d) Right leg below the knee
>>> e) Right leg above the knee
>>> f) None of the above
>>> g) Not sure
>>> h) Decline to answer
>>>
>>> I think it would take a great effort of will not to be sure about
>>> something like that.
>>>
>>> john
>>
>> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which
>> seems a valid possibility.)
>
> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).

Difficult to see how you could have e without d.
f) should be All of the above with the other choices all shuffling down
one (and if you answered with my f, shuffling would be most appropriate).

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhd7aq$1en0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18397&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18397

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 09:17:30 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 08:17 UTC

On 26/10/2023 09:00, BrritSki wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 00:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> On 25-Oct-23 21:04, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> In message <uhbo8k$uoae$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 25 Oct 2023
>>> 19:54:11, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>>> []

>>> Indeed! Also, how would you answer if you'd had both l. a.? (Which
>>> seems a valid possibility.)
>>
>> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).
>>
> Difficult to see how you could have e without d.
> f) should be All of the above with the other choices all shuffling down
> one (and if you answered with my f, shuffling would be most appropriate).

Stop arsing about.

john

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<kpuoubF26otU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18398&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18398

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:13:48 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 09:13 UTC

On 26/10/2023 09:17, John Ashby wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 09:00, BrritSki wrote:

>>> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).
>>>
>> Difficult to see how you could have e without d.
>> f) should be All of the above with the other choices all shuffling
>> down one (and if you answered with my f, shuffling would be most
>> appropriate).
>
> Stop arsing about.

Are you giving me the bum's rush ?

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhde8m$1h1j4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18399&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18399

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:15:50 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:15 UTC

On 26/10/2023 10:13, BrritSki wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 09:17, John Ashby wrote:

>>> Difficult to see how you could have e without d.
>>> f) should be All of the above with the other choices all shuffling
>>> down one (and if you answered with my f, shuffling would be most
>>> appropriate).
>>
>> Stop arsing about.
>>
> Are you giving me the bum's rush ?

I just think you're being cheeky.

john

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhdlc8$1en44$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18401&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18401

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 13:17:12 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:17 UTC

On 26/10/2023 08:57, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).
>>>

>> Still having the toes whilst having lost the the would be a clever trick!
>>

> Leg, leg, LEG!

Yes, but having the toes removed, only to discover that that hasn't
solved the problem and then, subsequently, having the leg removed is
probably all too common.

--
Best wishes, Serena
The truth is rarely pure and never simple. (Oscar Wilde)

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<Ayy_M.26768$2Dq2.23406@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18405&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18405

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:51:11 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:51 UTC

On 26-Oct-23 8:57, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> a), d) and e) would be entirely possible (for example).
>>>

>> Still having the toes whilst having lost the the would be a clever trick!
>>

> Leg, leg, LEG!

Are you having a good time on the Isle of Man?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhfrd5$25tmi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18411&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18411

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:12:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:CWqdIBc+4+j4ztORfpsPhPKbyMY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:12 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 26-Oct-23 8:57, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>>> Still having the toes whilst having lost the the would be a clever trick!
>>>

>> Leg, leg, LEG!
>>
> Are you having a good time on the Isle of Man?

Seemed to have lost my tail…

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<4e5jji5bl1uv1rqomr35svh51op1pieses@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18417&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18417

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 23:29:11 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 22:29 UTC

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:34:12 +0100, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
scrawled in the dust...

>I think one of the
>programmes mentioned newts shedding their tails and the markers this
>may have for human medicine.

I heard that somewhere. It reminded me of a photo of a large starfish 'leg'
which was growing a new body (and other four limbs). Accompanying text
suggested the possibility of regenerating human limbs.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<kq1d6aFp28gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18419&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18419

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:11:38 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:11 UTC

On 26/10/2023 11:15, John Ashby wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 10:13, BrritSki wrote:

>>> Stop arsing about.
>>>
>> Are you giving me the bum's rush ?
>>
> I just think you're being cheeky.

You're cracked.

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<uhgnu7$2bpub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18424&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18424

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 16:19:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KcfXuLApNBujeg1qdt0HIg/iwbA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 16:19 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:34:12 +0100, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> I think one of the
>> programmes mentioned newts shedding their tails and the markers this
>> may have for human medicine.
>
> I heard that somewhere. It reminded me of a photo of a large starfish 'leg'
> which was growing a new body (and other four limbs). Accompanying text
> suggested the possibility of regenerating human limbs.

And might the ‘ Old Body’ also grow a new limb - 2 starfish from 1???!!!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<VwT_M.219865$2fS.12197@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18426&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18426

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:43:02 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:43 UTC

On 27-Oct-23 9:12, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> Leg, leg, LEG!
>>>
>> Are you having a good time on the Isle of Man?
>>

> Seemed to have lost my tail…

YA Man X AICM £5.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Ask EU: recognise/recall this radio prog?

<i6lmjilrkgdo22e708qg8s7ps9r8dud7fs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18438&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18438

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 07:13:40 +0100
 by: Penny - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:13 UTC

On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 16:19:19 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> scrawled in the dust...

>Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:34:12 +0100, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> I think one of the
>>> programmes mentioned newts shedding their tails and the markers this
>>> may have for human medicine.
>>
>> I heard that somewhere. It reminded me of a photo of a large starfish 'leg'
>> which was growing a new body (and other four limbs). Accompanying text
>> suggested the possibility of regenerating human limbs.
>
>And might the ‘ Old Body’ also grow a new limb - 2 starfish from 1???!!!

Yes indeed, if the body was not otherwise damaged. Self-cloning.