From: elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Yet another Thunderbird annoyance
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 21:02:39 +0000
 by: Kate B - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 21:02 UTC

The TBeast updated itself again yesterday. So far I have only found one
annoyance but it's a *really* annoying one. I have only one newsgroup
now (which is ample... :)) and in Old Thunderbird it was set to show me
by default only new messages. However, should I wish to, I could toggle
the view to show mw older messages. New Thunderbird had a stupid little
button that did the toggling but by default showed me everything on
first opening it.

Since the update it shows me only unread messages and I can't access the
old ones - they're still there, if I click the toggle button they appear
momentarily and then disappear again. Has anyone else had this behaviour
and solved it? Otherwise I'll have to go onto the truly annoying Mozilla
discussion board, which is full of people who don't see the point.

--
Kate B

Re: Yet another Thunderbird annoyance

<ui3bf4$2sen1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18490&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18490

From: Jinks@Totopoly.co.uk (Marmaduke Jinks)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Yet another Thunderbird annoyance
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:42:52 -0000
 by: Marmaduke Jinks - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:42 UTC

"Kate B" <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> The TBeast updated itself again yesterday. So far I have only found one
> annoyance but it's a *really* annoying one. I have only one newsgroup now
> (which is ample... :)) and in Old Thunderbird it was set to show me by
> default only new messages. However, should I wish to, I could toggle the
> view to show mw older messages. New Thunderbird had a stupid little button
> that did the toggling but by default showed me everything on first opening
> it.
>
> Since the update it shows me only unread messages and I can't access the
> old ones - they're still there, if I click the toggle button they appear
> momentarily and then disappear again. Has anyone else had this behaviour
> and solved it? Otherwise I'll have to go onto the truly annoying Mozilla
> discussion board, which is full of people who don't see the point.
>

> --
> Kate B

There is a Thunderbird usenet group.

alt.comp.software.thunderbird

It seems quite an active group. Might be worth a punt.

MJ