From: pfjames300@gmail.com (Peter James)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Spam filtering with Apple Mail
Date: 28 Sep 2023 16:46:44 GMT
 by: Peter James - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 16:46 UTC

I use Spam Sieve with Apple Mail and it seems to do a reasonable job. But due
to changes in Apple OS the developers of Spam Sieve are forced into issueing a
new version of the software, which will cost. So maybe it's time to look at
different solutions.

So what is a good system for the Mac, and won't cost an arm and leg to
I'mplement?

Peter

--
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”

― Denis Diderot 1713- 1784

Re: Spam filtering with Apple Mail

<uf4e27$nerq$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18498&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18498

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Spam filtering with Apple Mail
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:44:39 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:44 UTC

On 28.09.23 18:46, Peter James wrote:
> I use Spam Sieve with Apple Mail and it seems to do a reasonable job. But due
> to changes in Apple OS the developers of Spam Sieve are forced into issueing a
> new version of the software, which will cost. So maybe it's time to look at
> different solutions.
>
> So what is a good system for the Mac, and won't cost an arm and leg to
> I'mplement?

Apple Mail?
Has a very sophisticated spam-management. Works perfectly.

--
Sent with Betterbird by a Penguin.
Simply better. www.betterbird.eu

Re: Spam filtering with Apple Mail

<uf4ruu$3scrf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18502&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18502

From: thewildrover@icloud.com (Andy Hewitt)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:41:49 +0100
 by: Andy Hewitt - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 21:41 UTC

On 28/09/2023 18:44, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.09.23 18:46, Peter James wrote:
>> I use Spam Sieve with Apple Mail and it seems to do a reasonable job. But due
>> to changes in Apple OS the developers of Spam Sieve are forced into issueing a
>> new version of the software, which will cost. So maybe it's time to look at
>> different solutions.
>>
>> So what is a good system for the Mac, and won't cost an arm and leg to
>> I'mplement?
>
> Apple Mail?
> Has a very sophisticated spam-management. Works perfectly.

I've been using Mail's own spam filter for years now, and find it does a
decent enough job.

Certainly doesn't warrant spending on something else.

--
Andy H

Re: Spam filtering with Apple Mail

<Z1WRM.633606$9o89.227892@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18552&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18552

From: sara@sarlet.com (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:13:13 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:13 UTC

On 28 Sep 2023 at 22:41:49 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:

> On 28/09/2023 18:44, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 28.09.23 18:46, Peter James wrote:
>>> I use Spam Sieve with Apple Mail and it seems to do a reasonable job. But due
>>> to changes in Apple OS the developers of Spam Sieve are forced into issueing a
>>> new version of the software, which will cost. So maybe it's time to look at
>>> different solutions.
>>>
>>> So what is a good system for the Mac, and won't cost an arm and leg to
>>> I'mplement?
>>
>> Apple Mail?
>> Has a very sophisticated spam-management. Works perfectly.
>
> I've been using Mail's own spam filter for years now, and find it does a
> decent enough job.
>
> Certainly doesn't warrant spending on something else.

Agreed - I'm happy with it.
--
Billy is silly

Re: Spam filtering with Apple Mail

<uf9rnm$12vep$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18568&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18568

From: chrisridd@mac.com (Chris Ridd)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:08:37 +0100
 by: Chris Ridd - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:08 UTC

On 30/09/2023 15:13, Sara Merriman wrote:
> On 28 Sep 2023 at 22:41:49 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:

>>> Apple Mail?
>>> Has a very sophisticated spam-management. Works perfectly.
>>
>> I've been using Mail's own spam filter for years now, and find it does a
>> decent enough job.
>>
>> Certainly doesn't warrant spending on something else.
>
> Agreed - I'm happy with it.

It works, until it doesn't. Its rules don't get updated often enough and
eventually it lets more and more crap through.

--
Chris

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Spam filtering with Apple Mail