From: carolet.umrat@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_12th_to_17
th_November_2023
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 00:32:31 +0000
 by: carolet - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 00:32 UTC

Cast :
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Harry Chilcott - Jack Ashton
Alan Franks - John Telfer
Usha Franks - Souad Faress
Shiv Gupta - Pushpinder Chani
Jakob Hakansson - Paul Venables
Joy Horville - Jackie Lye
Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
Miles Titchener - Adam Astill
Rob Titchener - Timothy Watson
Annie - Jessica Tomchak

Writer : Naylah Ahmed
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe

Spoilers:
Sunday 12th - At the start of a big week in Ambridge, Alan finally sees
the light and Kate is not impressed
Monday 13th - Joy comes to the rescue, and Lilian faces the wrath of a
dissatisfied customer.
Tuesday 14th - Events spiral out of control for Helen, and there’s a
surprising confrontation for Alice.
Wednesday 15th - Alice takes a big step, and Jakob has his arm twisted.
Thursday 16th - One resident makes a shocking request, and Lilian offers
some advice.
Friday 17th - Helen and Rob reach the end of the line, but how will the
final chapter of their story conclude?

Harry Chilcott and Annie are, I think, new characters.

Shiv Gupta is the name of Usha's brother. My own records don't go back
far enough to tell you when he last spoke. Looking at my TA books,
though, I see that he was once voiced by Shiv Grewal. The "Who's Who in
The Archers" books devote a page to him up until the 2005 edition, so
I'd guess that his last appearance was before then.

--
CaroleT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 12th to 17th November 2023

<uiqar2$2fkm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18665&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18665

From: wenlock.house@googlemail.com (Wenlock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers
– 12th to 17th November 2023
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 10:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:z55EJGZWFta3+jXSa9dnngfYc/0=
 by: Wenlock - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 10:53 UTC

carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shiv Gupta is the name of Usha's brother. My own records don't go back
> far enough to tell you when he last spoke. Looking at my TA books,
> though, I see that he was once voiced by Shiv Grewal. The "Who's Who in
> The Archers" books devote a page to him up until the 2005 edition, so
> I'd guess that his last appearance was before then.

As far as I can establish, Shiv only appeared in three episodes, on 19 and
20 October 1998 and 26 October 2000. He didn’t speak - but was present - at
Alan and Usha’s Hindu wedding on 27 August 2008, which was the last of
Auntie Satya’s 30 appearances.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 12th to 17th November 2023

<55f1liljuh8oatotmuvtffvp39sftbjqi2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18666&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18666

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ??? 12th to 17th November 2023
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:13:52 +0000
 by: Vicky - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:13 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 00:32:31 +0000, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
>Cast :
>Ben Archer - Ben Norris
>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
>Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
>Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
>Harry Chilcott - Jack Ashton
>Alan Franks - John Telfer
>Usha Franks - Souad Faress
>Shiv Gupta - Pushpinder Chani
>Jakob Hakansson - Paul Venables
>Joy Horville - Jackie Lye
>Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
>Miles Titchener - Adam Astill
>Rob Titchener - Timothy Watson
>Annie - Jessica Tomchak

Who is Annie?

>Writer : Naylah Ahmed
>Director : Kim Greengrass
>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>Spoilers:
>Sunday 12th - At the start of a big week in Ambridge, Alan finally sees
>the light and Kate is not impressed

I hope the bishop tells Alan not to worry about Piggy. They chat and
Bish says Alan acted ok. Kate is cross on Pig's behalf.

>Monday 13th - Joy comes to the rescue, and Lilian faces the wrath of a
>dissatisfied customer.

Joy tells Carpet about Myson and Carpet tells social services too.All
is handled professionally supporting Helen and sonS. (only kidding
)

Was Lilian helping at the Bull? The stables?

>Tuesday 14th - Events spiral out of control for Helen, and there’s a
>surprising confrontation for Alice.

jack and Henry run away, helped by George
Lilian was drnk in charge of a horse
>Wednesday 15th - Alice takes a big step, and Jakob has his arm twisted.
Alice refers Lilian to her AA group.
Jakob is accosted by wossername's husband

>Thursday 16th - One resident makes a shocking request, and Lilian offers
>some advice.

>Friday 17th - Helen and Rob reach the end of the line, but how will the
>final chapter of their story conclude?

Pat shoots and kills both by accident

>Harry Chilcott and Annie are, I think, new characters.
>
>Shiv Gupta is the name of Usha's brother. My own records don't go back
>far enough to tell you when he last spoke. Looking at my TA books,
>though, I see that he was once voiced by Shiv Grewal. The "Who's Who in
>The Archers" books devote a page to him up until the 2005 edition, so
>I'd guess that his last appearance was before then.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 12th to 17th November 2023

<uir0j3$5mpg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18674&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18674

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
– 12th to 17th November 2023
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:04:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:zqU4nPx93VBxI3NRU54yqBSnnf8=
 by: Chris - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:04 UTC

carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
> Cast :
> Ben Archer - Ben Norris
> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
> Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
> Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
> Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
> Harry Chilcott - Jack Ashton
> Alan Franks - John Telfer
> Usha Franks - Souad Faress
> Shiv Gupta - Pushpinder Chani
> Jakob Hakansson - Paul Venables
> Joy Horville - Jackie Lye
> Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
> Miles Titchener - Adam Astill
> Rob Titchener - Timothy Watson
> Annie - Jessica Tomchak
>
> Writer : Naylah Ahmed
> Director : Kim Greengrass
> Editor : Jeremy Howe

> Spoilers:
> Sunday 12th - At the start of a big week in Ambridge, Alan finally sees
> the light and Kate is not impressed
> Monday 13th - Joy comes to the rescue, and Lilian faces the wrath of a
> dissatisfied customer.
> Tuesday 14th - Events spiral out of control for Helen, and there’s a
> surprising confrontation for Alice.
> Wednesday 15th - Alice takes a big step, and Jakob has his arm twisted.
> Thursday 16th - One resident makes a shocking request, and Lilian offers
> some advice.
> Friday 17th - Helen and Rob reach the end of the line, but how will the
> final chapter of their story conclude?

> Harry Chilcott and Annie are, I think, new characters.
>
> Shiv Gupta is the name of Usha's brother. My own records don't go back
> far enough to tell you when he last spoke. Looking at my TA books,
> though, I see that he was once voiced by Shiv Grewal. The "Who's Who in
> The Archers" books devote a page to him up until the 2005 edition, so
> I'd guess that his last appearance was before then.

Yup. Two new characters in a week.

Hmm, we did hear mention of Shiv and Diwali a bit back.

What’s Krait got to do with anything?

Struggling to listen these days, it’s definitely turned into the Archers
21st century style, probably based on any tv soap you fancy.

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 12th to 17th November 2023

<a8lukilh1dcmsa641q4pgjgd8422lkp8ae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18676&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18676

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 10:37:47 +0000
 by: Penny - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 10:37 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:04:35 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...

>it’s definitely turned into the Archers
>21st century style, probably based on any tv soap you fancy.

I was interested to read, after following a link on a newspaper story
posted here recently, that the first editor of TA, Godfrey Baseley (who
created the programme), chose a script writer from Coronation Street as his
successor.

Baseley was quoted, in 1996, to say "The Archers has completely lost its
way. Luckily I'm nearly completely deaf and can't listen to it any more."

--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers � 12th to 17th November 2023

<oZCcnZrbgqZyyMz4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18677&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18677

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:47:10 +0000
Subject: Re:_Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_�_12th
_to_17th_November_2023
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:47 UTC

On 11.11.23 10:37, Penny wrote:
> I was interested to read, after following a link on a newspaper story
> posted here recently, that the first editor of TA, Godfrey Baseley (who
> created the programme), chose a script writer from Coronation Street as his
> successor.

Hmm. Not quite what records show. When God was pushed slightly
sideways Tony Shryane who had been long time number 2 took over,
although God remained around as script editor (not Editor). Eventually
God was pushed out and the BBC some three months after he had left
announced that Malcolm Lynch (then editor of Coronation Street) but due
to ill health left after 12 months and was eventually replaced by
Charles Lefeaux.

So the story is essentially true but God was so unhappy at his being
pushed that he had no further contact.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers � 12th to 17th November 2023

<uirqna$9lh1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18678&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18678

From: ianews@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers � 12th to
17th November 2023
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:30:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:30 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:47:10 +0000, krw wrote:

> On 11.11.23 10:37, Penny wrote:
>> I was interested to read, after following a link on a newspaper story
>> posted here recently, that the first editor of TA, Godfrey Baseley (who
>> created the programme), chose a script writer from Coronation Street as
>> his successor.
>
> Hmm. Not quite what records show. When God was pushed slightly
> sideways Tony Shryane who had been long time number 2 took over,
> although God remained around as script editor (not Editor). Eventually
> God was pushed out and the BBC some three months after he had left
> announced that Malcolm Lynch (then editor of Coronation Street) but due
> to ill health left after 12 months and was eventually replaced by
> Charles Lefeaux.
>
> So the story is essentially true but God was so unhappy at his being
> pushed that he had no further contact.

The Independent's obit has:

'Baseley was dismissed as script editor of The Archers in 1972 and
replaced by Malcolm Lynch, a former scriptwriter of Coronation Street.
He disliked the arrival of Vanessa Whitburn from Brookside, and was
dismayed by the "outing" of the fictional landlord of the Cat and Fiddle.
"I cannot understand for a moment why they should want a homosexual
character," he said last year. "The Archers has completely lost its way.
Luckily I'm nearly completely deaf and can't listen to it any more."'
<https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-godfrey-baseley-1276822.html>