Crime does not pay ... as well as politics. -- Alfred E. Newman

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Can a program upload data to the internet without writing to disk?

SubjectAuthor
o Can a program upload data to the internet without writing toCommander Kinsey

1
Re: Can a program upload data to the internet without writing to disk?

<op.11puu1hjmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19137&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#19137

Subject: Re: Can a program upload data to the internet without writing to
disk?
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-11,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 23:14:51 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 23:14 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 20:03:15 -0000, dgb <dgbisat@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/02/2023 19:54, Ken Blake wrote:

>>> All understood.

>>> Yes, I did say that! Someone else ('nospam'?) claimed that RAM was
>>> another place to store data in addition to one's hard drive.
>>

>> RAM is another place where data can be, but I wouldn't call that
>> "storing." To me, "storing" implies permanence.
>
> Agreed. Most folk store things on either their own hard drive or in The
> Cloud and, with a Mac, on a Time Machine back-up drive too.

I hate clouds, I want to know where the file is, not assume some automatic thing will synch things correctly.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Can a program upload data to the internet without writing to disk?