"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm having all my plants neutered."

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DF

SubjectAuthor
* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFVicky
`* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFRosie Mitchell
 `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFSerena Blanchflower
  +* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFJenny M Benson
  |`- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFSerena Blanchflower
  +* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFSam Plusnet
  |+* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFRosie Mitchell
  ||`* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFSam Plusnet
  || `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFNick Odell
  ||  +* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFVicky
  ||  |+- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  ||  |`* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFChris
  ||  | `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFWenlock
  ||  |  `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  ||  |   `- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFRosie Mitchell
  ||  +* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  ||  |`* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFClive Arthur
  ||  | +* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  ||  | |`- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFChris
  ||  | `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFPenny
  ||  |  `- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  ||  `- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFJ. P. Gilliver
  |`- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFMike McMillan
  +- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFChris
  `* SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFRosie Mitchell
   `- SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DFJohn Ashby

Pages:12
Re: SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DF

<ul26hd$29d0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19499&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19499

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: SPOILER ALERT - This week's spoiler from the DF
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 17:01:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:BtpMTU1Mn4uJH6DfLhow6BQwhjA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 17:01 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 17:16:22 +0000, Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> On 04/12/2023 09:38, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>>> I had some scaffolding erected around part of the property earlier this
>>> year - for some remedial work to be carried out on the solar panel
>>> installation. The work had been carried out sloppily in the first instance
>>> so it was at the expense of the installers. Some time after the work was
>>> completed properly, I was waiting for the scaffolding to be removed - I
>>> waited - contacted the installers again and pointed out that the
>>> scaffolding had not been removed yet.
>>
>> IME, scaffolders will leave the scaffolding up until they need it for
>> another job, and will have lots of prepared excuses. Saves storage and
>> extra trips.
>
> When we had scaffolding for the installation of our solar panels, it was
> found that the roof needed attention first. The roofers elected to get a
> large team together and do the re-roofing over the weekend so the
> installation could be done the following week. They were as good as their
> word, travelling from Nottinghamshire each day, and including adding
> insulation board in the upper part of the roof and ventilated ridge tiles.
> On the Monday morning, the scaffolders turned up to remove it. Fortunately
> I was at home and stopped them. No one had told them the original job had
> been postponed.

One of the few things our installers did do right was ensure the roofs were
structurally sound before work commenced. Mine Dew, we had to pay an
additional fee for a third party consultancy to carry out the survey.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan