From: joe_kerr@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: BBC Notifications
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:58:07 +0000
 by: Joe Kerr - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:58 UTC

Is it just me ...?

The BBC notifications icon has stopped telling me that there are new
programs available to watch. If I click on it, instead of showing a drop
down list of programs, it opens up a new page that initially tells me
that notifications are disabled and then shows a list of programs but
does not update the list to indicate which ones it has already shown me.
This is annoying!

It behaves the same in Firefox and Chromium. Notifications are enabled.
My cookies have not crumbled (but when I checked, notifications worked
fine on the cookies page). This has been happening for about a week.

This has happened before. This has stopped happening before. I'd like it
to stop happening now. I'd like it to not happen again.

Any thoughts anyone?

--
Ric

Re: BBC Notifications

<650coitqjme23rom8kerirbg2easg2b2kq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19949&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19949

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: BBC Notifications
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 21:42:05 +0000
 by: Penny - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 21:42 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:58:07 +0000, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>Is it just me ...?
>
>The BBC notifications icon has stopped telling me that there are new
>programs available to watch. If I click on it, instead of showing a drop
>down list of programs, it opens up a new page that initially tells me
>that notifications are disabled and then shows a list of programs but
>does not update the list to indicate which ones it has already shown me.
>This is annoying!
>
>It behaves the same in Firefox and Chromium. Notifications are enabled.
>My cookies have not crumbled (but when I checked, notifications worked
>fine on the cookies page). This has been happening for about a week.
>
>This has happened before. This has stopped happening before. I'd like it
>to stop happening now. I'd like it to not happen again.

Um, is this something to do with a BBC app?

I don't get notifications from either iPlayer or Sounds.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: BBC Notifications

<um5dag$1phdj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19952&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19952

From: joe_kerr@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 01:31:58 +0000
 by: Joe Kerr - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 01:31 UTC

On 22/12/2023 21:42, Penny wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:58:07 +0000, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> Is it just me ...?
>>
>> The BBC notifications icon has stopped telling me that there are new
>> programs available to watch. If I click on it, instead of showing a drop
>> down list of programs, it opens up a new page that initially tells me
>> that notifications are disabled and then shows a list of programs but
>> does not update the list to indicate which ones it has already shown me.
>> This is annoying!
>>
>> It behaves the same in Firefox and Chromium. Notifications are enabled.
>> My cookies have not crumbled (but when I checked, notifications worked
>> fine on the cookies page). This has been happening for about a week.
>>
>> This has happened before. This has stopped happening before. I'd like it
>> to stop happening now. I'd like it to not happen again.
>
> Um, is this something to do with a BBC app?
>
> I don't get notifications from either iPlayer or Sounds.

No. On the website. The bell on the menu bar that tells you about newly
available saved/favourite programs.

--
Ric