Nothing happens.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: A must read!

SubjectAuthor
* A must read!John Galt
+* A must read!Graeme Wall
|`* A must read!Mark
| +- A must read!Alan B
| `* A must read!WolfFan
|  +* A must read!Alan B
|  |`- A must read!WolfFan
|  `* A must read!John Doe
|   `- A must read!WolfFan
`- A must read!Tyrone

1
A must read!

<xaJfN.45860$Sl64.38391@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20195&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20195

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: JG@ASC.forums (John Galt)
Subject: A must read!
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:50:37 +0000
 by: John Galt - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:50 UTC

You may well have read here, but if not it's worth a few minutes of your
time:-

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841

"Apple and Microsoft's respective operating systems were originally
conceived and developed completely separately, for use with completely
different hardware, and their evolution has only diverged since their
inception. In recent years Microsoft has made great strides in
protecting its Windows operating system, but owing to macOS's original
concept as a multi-user, multitasking operating system incorporating a
fundamental requirement to keep users separate from one another, it was
never as vulnerable to begin with. With each new release, macOS has only
grown more secure from unauthorized tampering."

There's much more! πŸ˜‚

Re: A must read!

<ulnr9o$34kd5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20196&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20196

From: rail@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: A must read!
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:04:40 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:04 UTC

On 17/12/2023 20:50, John Galt wrote:
> You may well have read here, but if not it's worth a few minutes of your
> time:-
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841
>
> "Apple and Microsoft's respective operating systems were originally
> conceived and developed completely separately, for use with completely
> different hardware, and their evolution has only diverged since their
> inception. In recent years Microsoft has made great strides in
> protecting its Windows operating system, but owing to macOS's original
> concept as a multi-user, multitasking operating system incorporating a
> fundamental requirement to keep users separate from one another, it was
> never as vulnerable to begin with. With each new release, macOS has only
> grown more secure from unauthorized tampering."
>
> There's much more! πŸ˜‚

That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist
(OS14.0).

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: A must read!

<ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20197&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20197

From: captain.black@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:22:10 +0000
 by: Mark - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:22 UTC

On 2023-12-17 22:04:40 +0000, Graeme Wall said:

> On 17/12/2023 20:50, John Galt wrote:
>> You may well have read here, but if not it's worth a few minutes of your time:-
>>
>> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841
>>
>> "Apple and Microsoft's respective operating systems were originally
>> conceived and developed completely separately, for use with completely
>> different hardware, and their evolution has only diverged since their
>> inception. In recent years Microsoft has made great strides in
>> protecting its Windows operating system, but owing to macOS's original
>> concept as a multi-user, multitasking operating system incorporating a
>> fundamental requirement to keep users separate from one another, it was
>> never as vulnerable to begin with. With each new release, macOS has
>> only grown more secure from unauthorized tampering."
>>
>> There's much more! πŸ˜‚
>
> That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist (OS14.0).

Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: A must read!

<b46cnVWSfa2Z6OL4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20198&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20198

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:24:04 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:24 UTC

On Dec 17, 2023 at 3:50:37β€―PM EST, "John Galt" <JG@ASC.forums> wrote:

> You may well have read here, but if not it's worth a few minutes of your
> time:-
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841
>
> "Apple and Microsoft's respective operating systems were originally
> conceived and developed completely separately, for use with completely
> different hardware, and their evolution has only diverged since their
> inception. In recent years Microsoft has made great strides in
> protecting its Windows operating system, but owing to macOS's original
> concept as a multi-user, multitasking operating system incorporating a
> fundamental requirement to keep users separate from one another, it was
> never as vulnerable to begin with. With each new release, macOS has only
> grown more secure from unauthorized tampering."
>
> There's much more! πŸ˜‚

David still has no life. "John Galt" indeed.

Re: A must read!

<uloncv$3cng3$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20199&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20199

From: alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 06:04:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 06:04 UTC

Mark <captain.black@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-17 22:04:40 +0000, Graeme Wall said:
>>
>> That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist (OS14.0).
>
> Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.

Of course it is. He’s impersonating a well known and respected ASC expert.

ADAFN - I’ll leave you work that out!

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: A must read!

<0001HW.2B306DE801F78E3870000385738F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20200&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20200

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:09:12 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 12:09 UTC

On Dec 17, 2023, Mark wrote
(in article <ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 2023-12-17 22:04:40 +0000, Graeme Wall said:
>
> > On 17/12/2023 20:50, John Galt wrote:
> > > You may well have read here, but if not it's worth a few minutes of your
> > > time:-
> > >
> > > https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841
> > >
> > > "Apple and Microsoft's respective operating systems were originally
> > > conceived and developed completely separately, for use with completely
> > > different hardware, and their evolution has only diverged since their
> > > inception. In recent years Microsoft has made great strides in
> > > protecting its Windows operating system, but owing to macOS's original
> > > concept as a multi-user, multitasking operating system incorporating a
> > > fundamental requirement to keep users separate from one another, it was
> > > never as vulnerable to begin with. With each new release, macOS has
> > > only grown more secure from unauthorized tampering."
> > >
> > > There's much more! πŸ˜‚
> >
> > That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist
> > (OS14.0).
>
> Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.

The probability approaches unity.

Re: A must read!

<ulq726$3l4ne$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20203&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20203

From: alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 19:37:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 19:37 UTC

On 2023-12-18, WolfFan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2023, Mark wrote
> (in article <ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>):

>> > That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist
>> > (OS14.0).
>>
>> Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.
>
> The probability approaches unity.

Unity probability that he's also posting as a John Doe. KF applied!

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: A must read!

<kubm69Fp96cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20204&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20204

From: john.doe@myemail.invalid (John Doe)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 18 Dec 2023 19:51:37 GMT
 by: John Doe - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 19:51 UTC

On 18 Dec 2023 at 12:09:12 GMT, "WolfFan" <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2023, Mark wrote
> (in article <ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> That keeps sending me to menu options that no longer appear to exist
>>> (OS14.0).
>>
>> Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.
>
> The probability approaches unity.

Some 'Advisers' on the ASC forums are always keen to persuade naive users
of Apple computers to remove any AV products which may be installed on
their machines. In truth, there are millions of users around the world
who DO run their Apple computers satisfactorily WITH an anti-malware
product protecting it.

Nowhere have I ever seen Apple itself recommend that users of Apple
products should NOT use a commercially available anti-malware software
product on their computer.

Re: A must read!

<0001HW.2B30F3F50216F8E570001095838F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20207&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20207

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:41:09 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 21:41 UTC

On Dec 18, 2023, John Doe wrote
(in article <kubm69Fp96cU1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 18 Dec 2023 at 12:09:12 GMT, "WolfFan"<akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 17, 2023, Mark wrote
> > (in article <ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>):

> > > Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.
> >
> > The probability approaches unity.
>
> Some 'Advisers' on the ASC forums are always keen to persuade naive users
> of Apple computers to remove any AV products which may be installed on
> their machines. In truth, there are millions of users around the world
> who DO run their Apple computers satisfactorily WITH an anti-malware
> product protecting it.
>
> Nowhere have I ever seen Apple itself recommend that users of Apple
> products should NOT use a commercially available anti-malware software
> product on their computer.

Fuck off, David.

Re: A must read!

<0001HW.2B30F420021702FF70001095838F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20208&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20208

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:41:52 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 21:41 UTC

On Dec 18, 2023, Alan B wrote
(in article<ulq726$3l4ne$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>):

> On 2023-12-18, WolfFan<akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 17, 2023, Mark wrote
> > (in article <ulnsai$34sfl$1@dont-email.me>):

> > > Given the subject, this is likely you-know-who.
> >
> > The probability approaches unity.
>
> Unity probability that he's also posting as a John Doe. KF applied!

There is very little doubt of that, too.