From: captain.black@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: MacOS device interconnections
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 12:01:30 +0000
 by: Mark - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 12:01 UTC

Between an iPhone, an iPad, an MBP and an MBA (I don’t think the ages
matter, do they?) things seem to get forgotten. By that I mean that
many times when I connect my iPhone to the MBP or MBA I’ll get the
‘Trust this computer?’ pop-up on the device. Or using any of them to
log in to various things I’ll get an email alert or pop-up stating ‘A
new xyz has been added/has accessed your account etc etc’, when in ALL
cases this is NOT the first time I've done it. Does MacOS just ‘forget’
the previous connections after a while?

Oh yes - and how to turn off the ‘Automatically sync when this iPhone
is connected’ option? I untick it, but every time I re-connect my phone
it’s re-ticked and so starts the auto sync.
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: MacOS device interconnections

<FUmdnVlpHNB1PhP4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20292&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20292

Subject: Re: MacOS device interconnections
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidkennedygm@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:48:08 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:48 UTC

On 20/12/2023 12:01, Mark wrote:
> Between an iPhone, an iPad, an MBP and an MBA (I don’t think the ages matter,
> do they?) things seem to get forgotten. By that I mean that many times when I
> connect my iPhone to the MBP or MBA I’ll get the ‘Trust this computer?’ pop-up
> on the device. Or using any of them to log in to various things I’ll get an
> email alert or pop-up stating ‘A new xyz has been added/has accessed your
> account etc etc’, when in ALL cases this is NOT the first time I've done it.
> Does MacOS just ‘forget’ the previous connections after a while?
>
> Oh yes - and how to turn off the ‘Automatically sync when this iPhone is
> connected’ option? I untick it, but every time I re-connect my phone it’s
> re-ticked and so starts the auto sync.

This seems to be a new thing. It used to be that once the device was trusted
then that fact was remembered. Alas no more it seems.

Re: MacOS device interconnections

<FiidnbhmgfmJZRP4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20296&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20296

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:47:16 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:47 UTC

David Kennedy <davidkennedygm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/12/2023 12:01, Mark wrote:
> > Between an iPhone, an iPad, an MBP and an MBA (I don???t think the ages matter,
> > do they?) things seem to get forgotten. By that I mean that many times when I
> > connect my iPhone to the MBP or MBA I???ll get the ???Trust this computer???? pop-up
> > on the device. Or using any of them to log in to various things I???ll get an
> > email alert or pop-up stating ???A new xyz has been added/has accessed your
> > account etc etc???, when in ALL cases this is NOT the first time I've done it.
> > Does MacOS just ???forget??? the previous connections after a while?
> >
> > Oh yes - and how to turn off the ???Automatically sync when this iPhone is
> > connected??? option? I untick it, but every time I re-connect my phone it???s
> > re-ticked and so starts the auto sync.

> This seems to be a new thing. It used to be that once the device was trusted
> then that fact was remembered. Alas no more it seems.

Ditto.
--
"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." --James 3:16
| |o o| |