Someone whom you reject today, will reject you tomorrow.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: OT: Cyprus ?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Cyprus ?BrritSki
+* OT: Cyprus ?krw
|+- OT: Cyprus ?BrritSki
|`* OT: Cyprus ?J. P. Gilliver
| `* OT: Cyprus ?krw
|  `* OT: Cyprus ?BrritSki
|   +* OT: Cyprus ?Penny
|   |`* OT: Cyprus ?BrritSki
|   | `* OT: Cyprus ?Serena Blanchflower
|   |  `- OT: Cyprus ?BrritSki
|   `* OT: Cyprus ?krw
|    `- OT: Cyprus ?J. P. Gilliver
`* OT: Cyprus ?Sjouke Burry
 `- OT: Cyprus ?krw

1
OT: Cyprus ?

<kv5aosForltU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20225&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20225

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: OT: Cyprus ?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:16:12 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:16 UTC

Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<gIednczbTZJ9GRD4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20226&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20226

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:23:27 +0000
Subject: Re: OT: Cyprus ?
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:23 UTC

On 28.12.23 13:16, BrritSki wrote:
> Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
> We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?

Yes I have been - we went at roughly that time of year and had a nice
week. Stayed in Paphos - sort of an apartment in a hotel but I think we
ate all breakfasts in the hotel.

Paphos has a huge run of restaurants and there is a huge archaeological
park at the far end of the town.

We had a hire car for the week and on one day had a drive up into the
mountains - a pretty town - Omodos I think? - and on another day a drive
along the coast Limassol was slightly disappointing in that it started
raining and so we turned around stopping at (I think) Pissouri beach for
an excellent lunch.

Most of the rest of the week we did not do a lot. I suspect there is a
lot more which can be done. I liked it.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<kv5etaForltU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20227&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20227

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:26:50 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:26 UTC

On 28/12/2023 14:23, krw wrote:
> On 28.12.23 13:16, BrritSki wrote:
>> Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
>> We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?
>>

> Yes I have been - we went at roughly that time of year and had a nice
> week.  Stayed in Paphos - sort of an apartment in a hotel but I think we
> ate all breakfasts in the hotel.
>
> Paphos has a huge run of restaurants and there is a huge archaeological
> park at the far end of the town.
>
> We had a hire car for the week and on one day had a drive up into the
> mountains - a pretty town - Omodos I think? - and on another day a drive
> along the coast Limassol was slightly disappointing in that it started
> raining and so we turned around stopping at (I think) Pissouri beach for
> an excellent lunch.
>
> Most of the rest of the week we did not do a lot.  I suspect there is a
> lot more which can be done.  I liked it.

"did not do a lot" sounds perfect :)

Thanks for the input - Paphos waas where we were thinking of...

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<nnd$1b566dd0$4ea7f81f@a8514fe0e06226c2>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20231&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20231

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:32:19 +0100
From: burrynulnulfour@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: Sjouke Burry - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:32 UTC

On 28.12.23 14:16, BrritSki wrote:
> Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
> We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?

Well, if you like political mayhem......
Greek and turkish idiots having fun......

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<-tScndgGDZbyABD4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20233&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20233

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:08:14 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:08 UTC

On 28.12.23 15:32, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 28.12.23 14:16, BrritSki wrote:
>> Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
>> We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?
>>
> Well, if you like political mayhem......
> Greek and turkish idiots having fun......

The good lady wife has been to the North of the Island (landed in the
south and then coach to the North). She had quite a good time - largely
at the eastern end of the island. This was just after a covid lockdown
and they were the first tourists in Northern Cyprus for many months (if
not longer) and had a good time because the hotel staff and others were
so pleased that the tourists were returning.

Paphos should be reasonably warm, if you are going into the mountains I
remember that there was snow on the ground and so you might need
something warmer.

Hope you enjoy it.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<dhf2HBZ9egjlFw3y@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20240&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20240

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:41:49 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:41 UTC

In message <gIednczbTZJ9GRD4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> at Thu,
28 Dec 2023 14:23:27, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> writes
>On 28.12.23 13:16, BrritSki wrote:
>> Has anyrat been to Cyprus ?
>> We are thinking of going end April - any suggestions ?
>>

>Yes I have been - we went at roughly that time of year and had a nice
>week. Stayed in Paphos - sort of an apartment in a hotel but I think
>we ate all breakfasts in the hotel.
>
>Paphos has a huge run of restaurants and there is a huge archaeological
>park at the far end of the town.

I think (I've never been) I'd be interested in the "archaeological"
sites due to the 20th century disagreements; I understand there's a
complete 19x0s international airport (can't remember if x is 5 or 7)
that isn't used, and various other such areas. No idea if they're
visitable, though. Nor how easy - or even possible - it is, as just a
tourist with a hire car, to visit whichever half you're not based in.

>We had a hire car for the week and on one day had a drive up into the
>mountains - a pretty town - Omodos I think? - and on another day a
>drive along the coast Limassol was slightly disappointing in that it
>started raining and so we turned around stopping at (I think) Pissouri

Seems a very appropriate place if it was raining!

>beach for an excellent lunch.
>
>Most of the rest of the week we did not do a lot. I suspect there is a
>lot more which can be done. I liked it.

After all is said and done, usually more is said.

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<WqicnYmBu7smBxP4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20246&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20246

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:09:00 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:09 UTC

On 28.12.23 23:41, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> I think (I've never been) I'd be interested in the "archaeological"
> sites due to the 20th century disagreements; I understand there's a
> complete 19x0s international airport (can't remember if x is 5 or 7)
> that isn't used, and various other such areas. No idea if they're
> visitable, though. Nor how easy - or even possible - it is, as just a
> tourist with a hire car, to visit whichever half you're not based in.

My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
holiday town when she was staying in the North. I am not sure about an
airport - but that could well be the case.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<kv7l92FaaceU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20251&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20251

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27:45 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27 UTC

On 29/12/2023 10:09, krw wrote:
> On 28.12.23 23:41, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> I think (I've never been) I'd be interested in the "archaeological"
>> sites due to the 20th century disagreements; I understand there's a
>> complete 19x0s international airport (can't remember if x is 5 or 7)
>> that isn't used, and various other such areas. No idea if they're
>> visitable, though. Nor how easy - or even possible - it is, as just a
>> tourist with a hire car, to visit whichever half you're not based in.
>
> My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
> holiday town when she was staying in the North.  I am not sure about an
> airport - but that could well be the case.

Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<tgbtoidm5vk2hpps300noss9l0q9qpqbk7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20252&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20252

From: spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:32:47 +0000
 by: Penny - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:32 UTC

On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27:45 +0000, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 29/12/2023 10:09, krw wrote:
>> On 28.12.23 23:41, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> I think (I've never been) I'd be interested in the "archaeological"
>>> sites due to the 20th century disagreements; I understand there's a
>>> complete 19x0s international airport (can't remember if x is 5 or 7)
>>> that isn't used, and various other such areas. No idea if they're
>>> visitable, though. Nor how easy - or even possible - it is, as just a
>>> tourist with a hire car, to visit whichever half you're not based in.
>>
>> My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
>> holiday town when she was staying in the North.  I am not sure about an
>> airport - but that could well be the case.
>>
>Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...

Too late to mention the resident umrat, then...
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<q9icnRFxpPjWKRP4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20253&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20253

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:58:04 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:58 UTC

On 29.12.23 10:27, BrritSki wrote:
> On 29/12/2023 10:09, krw wrote:
>> On 28.12.23 23:41, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> I think (I've never been) I'd be interested in the "archaeological"
>>> sites due to the 20th century disagreements; I understand there's a
>>> complete 19x0s international airport (can't remember if x is 5 or 7)
>>> that isn't used, and various other such areas. No idea if they're
>>> visitable, though. Nor how easy - or even possible - it is, as just a
>>> tourist with a hire car, to visit whichever half you're not based in.
>>
>> My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
>> holiday town when she was staying in the North.  I am not sure about
>> an airport - but that could well be the case.
>>
> Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...

Ah well.

The good lady wife is investigating Costa Rica for 2025 as 2024 is
signed and sealed.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<6zifTCiIJsjlFwTl@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20254&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20254

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:57:44 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:57 UTC

In message <q9icnRFxpPjWKRP4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> at Fri,
29 Dec 2023 11:58:04, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> writes
>On 29.12.23 10:27, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
>>>holiday town when she was staying in the North.  I am not sure about
>>>an airport - but that could well be the case.
>>>
>> Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...
>
>Ah well.
>
>The good lady wife is investigating Costa Rica for 2025 as 2024 is
>signed and sealed.

Lots of Germany is nice, if you've never been. (Well, it is if you have,
too, but YKWIM.)

half the lies they tell about me aren't true. - Yogi Berra

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<kv811vFcepkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20256&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20256

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:48:47 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:48 UTC

On 29/12/2023 11:32, Penny wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27:45 +0000, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com>
> scrawled in the dust...

>>> My wife certainly visited Varosha, Famagusta which is an abandoned
>>> holiday town when she was staying in the North.  I am not sure about an
>>> airport - but that could well be the case.
>>>
>> Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...
>
> Too late to mention the resident umrat, then...

Who dat ?

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<ummt8h$pog3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20260&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20260

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:48:16 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:48 UTC

On 29/12/2023 13:48, BrritSki wrote:
> On 29/12/2023 11:32, Penny wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27:45 +0000, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com>
>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> Changed our minds now - going for a shorter flight time...
>>
>> Too late to mention the resident umrat, then...
>
> Who dat ?

The Hellerat, previously Dumrat and, before that the Gumrat, is now
based in Cyprus.

--
Best wishes, Serena
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. (Colette)

Re: OT: Cyprus ?

<kv8bvhFcepkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20262&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20262

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:55:13 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:55 UTC

On 29/12/2023 16:48, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 29/12/2023 13:48, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 29/12/2023 11:32, Penny wrote:
>>> On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:27:45 +0000, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com>
>>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> Too late to mention the resident umrat, then...
>>
>> Who dat ?
>
> The Hellerat, previously Dumrat and, before that the Gumrat, is now
> based in Cyprus.

Of course.... just testing...