From: Man@the.keyboard (John)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: A Closer Look at MacOS Built-In Security Tools | JNUC 2022
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 22:38:20 +0000
Sender: 9dIQLXBM7WM9KzA+yjdR4A
 by: John - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 22:38 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:58:05 -0500, WolfFan <akwolffan@zoho.com>
wrote:

>On Dec 28, 2023, David B. wrote
>(in article <kv4s46FocsbU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On 27 Dec 2023 at 23:06:12 GMT, "WolfFan"<akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Dec 27, 2023, David B. wrote
>> > (in article <kv3mn3Fhl8tU1@mid.individual.net>):
>> >
>> > I do NOT agree that anti-malware tools on Macs, including ClamXAV, are
>> > scams.
>>
>> Read this:-
>> https://eclecticlight.co/2023/12/28/making-the-leap-from-mojave-to-apple-silic
>> on/#like-77451
>>
>> Malware can't get a look-in now!
>
>Incorrect. There is still malware out there which can affect even the latest
>macOS, iOS, iPadOS and even watchOS systems. It’s just hard to find.

Could it be hard to find *because* it's "the latest hardware"? That
is, the bad guys are still writing it, or the malware just hasn't
propagated sufficiently far as to be very visible?

>> > I DO agree that you’re an idiot.
>>
>> NOW explain how ClamXAV is NOT a scam!

Even if it were, why would you *care*? There are many, many worse
scams out there, assuming the AV softwares are one which is not true.
Many scams actively *hurt* people. Take roofers for one example. The
good ones are tainted by the stink of the cowboys who do rubbish work,
half-complete it and charge huge fees up-front before disappearing
into another company with a different email addy. Or any of the many
other evil-doers who steal from people.

Why not fight *those* guys?

>only idiots insist onnproving negatives. Hmm. You just demanded the proof of
>a negative. You’re an idiot.

Lots of the simple-minded and hard-of-thinking work like that. It's
why Critical Thinking and logics should be taught to 5-year-olds and
up. All of them. Becoming a citizen who is allowed to vote, be
employed and use a bank account should be contingent on passing the
courses with a perfect score.

>And... ClamXAV is just one of many anti-malware systems. If Clam is a scam,
>they all are. Except that, as malware still exists, they aren’t.

There are, of course, those who maintain that the malware only exists
because Symantec and their cartel of chums actively and clandestinely
write and propagate the stuff.

The idea is the same as the "cure for cancer" or "vehicles powered by
water" suppressions. If you cure cancer, you can't sell anti-cancer
treatments. If vehicles can be powered by magical water-fuelled
engines then you can't sell petroleum fuels.

And if Microsoft ever fixed the Print A.P.I. thing that started all
of this malware flood, then the anti malware companies would go out of
business overnight - which would lessen the value of the shares
Microsoft holds in those companies, hence why they do *not* fix the
flaw.

Sane people know how nuts those are.

>And... some network admins insist that ALL devices, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, which
>connect to their networks MUST have antimalware installed. Antimalware
>systems accepted include Clam.
>
>You’re an idiot.

I thought that this was well-established and did not need repeating?

>> > I DO agree that you need to get off the bottle.
>>
>> I did that already. I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018
>
>yet you keep on posting while drunk. So not only are you an idiot, and not
>merely a drunken idiot, but you’re a lying drunken idiot.

How do we know of his lack of sobriety, if you don't mind me asking?
Does Usenet have a breath-test application?

>> > I DO agree that you’re an insane stalker and should be locked away in a
>> > mental institution before you hurt someone other than yourself. You can hurt
>> > yourself all you like, I’ll just get out the popcorn.
>>
>> Your true character is shining through again!
>
>damn straight... something that you’re not.
>>

>> > So... how is that complaint to Supernews going?
>>
>> You aren't worth the effort. You're a scaredy-cat.
>
>but you went on and on and on about it for months. I rather suspect that the
>lack of response to your idiocy is why you no longer want to push it. [does
>victory dance]

Perhaps he did complain and they ignored him?

Lots of companies, celebrities and politicians ignore the bozo-bin
contributors. Sometimes using automatic filters.

Farley files have many, many uses.

Happy New Year,

J.

Re: A Closer Look at MacOS Built-In Security Tools | JNUC 2022

<0001HW.2B4061720075162C70000A50E38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20303&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20303

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:32:18 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:32 UTC

On Dec 29, 2023, John wrote
(in article<g1huoi1cahorn758l61m4sg1kice3veo63@4ax.com>):

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:58:05 -0500, WolfFan<akwolffan@zoho.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 28, 2023, David B. wrote
> > (in article <kv4s46FocsbU1@mid.individual.net>):

> > > Read this:-
> > > https://eclecticlight.co/2023/12/28/making-the-leap-from-mojave-to-apple-si
> > > lic
> > > on/#like-77451
> > >
> > > Malware can't get a look-in now!
> >
> > Incorrect. There is still malware out there which can affect even the latest
> > macOS, iOS, iPadOS and even watchOS systems. It’s just hard to find.
>
> Could it be hard to find *because* it's "the latest hardware"? That
> is, the bad guys are still writing it, or the malware just hasn't
> propagated sufficiently far as to be very visible?

Less than .3%, probably less than .1%, of all known malware is for Apple
devices. Approximately one-third of malware for Apple devices is iOS/iPadOS
malware. It’s hard to find because there isn't much of it.

> > > NOW explain how ClamXAV is NOT a scam!
>
> Even if it were, why would you *care*? There are many, many worse
> scams out there, assuming the AV softwares are one which is not true.
> Many scams actively *hurt* people. Take roofers for one example. The
> good ones are tainted by the stink of the cowboys who do rubbish work,
> half-complete it and charge huge fees up-front before disappearing
> into another company with a different email addy. Or any of the many
> other evil-doers who steal from people.
>
> Why not fight *those* guys?

he cares because they won’t talk to him... after he trash-0talked them all
over Apple’s fora, to the extent that he was warned to stop and when he
refused to stop he was banned, reinstated, repeated the offense, and was
permabanned. He set up sockpuppets to go back and trash talk ClamXAV and
EtreCheck. At least two of his socks have been permabanned.

He’s on A Mission From God. He’s insane.

> > only idiots insist onnproving negatives. Hmm. You just demanded the proof of
> > a negative. You’re an idiot.
>
> Lots of the simple-minded and hard-of-thinking work like that. It's
> why Critical Thinking and logics should be taught to 5-year-olds and
> up. All of them. Becoming a citizen who is allowed to vote, be
> employed and use a bank account should be contingent on passing the
> courses with a perfect score.

Nothing can get through trhe Great Wall Of Stupidity that he has spent the
better part of two decades erecting.

> > And... ClamXAV is just one of many anti-malware systems. If Clam is a scam,
> > they all are. Except that, as malware still exists, they aren’t.
>
> There are, of course, those who maintain that the malware only exists
> because Symantec and their cartel of chums actively and clandestinely
> write and propagate the stuff.
>
> The idea is the same as the "cure for cancer" or "vehicles powered by
> water" suppressions. If you cure cancer, you can't sell anti-cancer
> treatments. If vehicles can be powered by magical water-fuelled
> engines then you can't sell petroleum fuels.
>
> And if Microsoft ever fixed the Print A.P.I. thing that started all
> of this malware flood, then the anti malware companies would go out of
> business overnight - which would lessen the value of the shares
> Microsoft holds in those companies, hence why they do *not* fix the
> flaw.
>
> Sane people know how nuts those are.

Apparently ClamXAV is a malware vector. This malware takes up no space on
disk or in RAM, uses no CPU cycles, does nothing over the network. It cannot
be detected, but it’s there... according to him. He’s batshit insane.

> > And... some network admins insist that ALL devices, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, which
> > connect to their networks MUST have antimalware installed. Antimalware
> > systems accepted include Clam.
> >
> > You’re an idiot.
>
> I thought that this was well-established and did not need repeating?

you have to keep repeating things or it doesn’t get past the Great Wall Of
Stupidity.

> > > I did that already. I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018
> >
> > yet you keep on posting while drunk. So not only are you an idiot, and not
> > merely a drunken idiot, but you’re a lying drunken idiot.
>
> How do we know of his lack of sobriety, if you don't mind me asking?
> Does Usenet have a breath-test application?

Look at his posts.At least one-fifth of them are... eratic. He’s high on
_something_ when he posts, sometimes. He got kicked out of the RN, so I go
with alcohol. It could be something else, but it’s there.

> > > Your true character is shining through again!
> >
> > damn straight... something that you’re not.

> > > You aren't worth the effort. You're a scaredy-cat.
> >
> > but you went on and on and on about it for months. I rather suspect that the
> > lack of response to your idiocy is why you no longer want to push it. [does
> > victory dance]
>
> Perhaps he did complain and they ignored him?

He complained. He got an auto reply. He posted, crowing how he would soon
have my real life name and address. I pointed out that he got an autoreply
and predicted that he would get nothing more. He was certain that I was
wrong. It’s been _years_.

And, oh, he just posted that he’s going to file a ’ticket’ with Zoho.
The Great Wall Of Stupidity is still active.

> Lots of companies, celebrities and politicians ignore the bozo-bin
> contributors. Sometimes using automatic filters.

I’d say that someone from SuperNews had a look at his posts (they _are_ a
professional newsfeed) and evaluated him based on that... and then pplied
filters. And update the filters whenever he gets a new sock. The reigning
all-time usenet sockpuppet champion is the immortal Karl ’the Karlpecker’
Crawford, who once generated nine socks in 20 hours on the newsgroup
talk.origins. Our David has had up to six socks live at one time. He needs to
put in some effort if he wants to dethrone the champ.

> Farley files have many, many uses.
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> J.

Re: A Closer Look at MacOS Built-In Security Tools | JNUC 2022

<0001HW.2B40A4A00084D4EB70000B89338F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20307&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20307

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:18:56 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 19:18 UTC

On Dec 30, 2023, David B. wrote
(in article <kvb39cFtkb8U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 30 Dec 2023 at 14:32:18 GMT, "WolfFan" *LIED* again.
>
> > He got kicked out of the RN
>
> False

notice how he didn’t bother to try to deny any of the rest,

And, yes, he did depart the RN one step ahead of a court-martial for conduct
unbecoming. He’s slime.

Re: A Closer Look at MacOS Built-In Security Tools | JNUC 2022

<0001HW.2B40B77C0089406C700007A1638F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20309&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20309

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 15:39:24 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 20:39 UTC

On Dec 30, 2023, David B. wrote
(in article <kvbbmrFlp8U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 30 Dec 2023 at 19:18:56 GMT, "WolfFan" *IS A LIAR*
> =
> Cite ANY evidence of your claims, 'WolfFan'.

you know what my evidence is. you can’t even deny most of it. you
continually prove just how slimey you are, right out in the open for all to
see. just continue being you.

Re: A Closer Look at MacOS Built-In Security Tools | JNUC 2022

<0001HW.2B40D2DD008FAB1C700007A1638F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20312&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20312

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:36:13 -0500
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: WolfFan - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:36 UTC

On Dec 30, 2023, David B. wrote
(in article <kvbh09F1mu1U1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 30 Dec 2023 at 20:39:24 GMT, "WolfFan" - *USENET LIAR*
> > you know what my evidence is.
>
> *FALSE*
>
> There *IS* no evidence - NONE WHATSOEVER!

you keep saying that. both of us know better.

So... how are you doing with Zoho?