From: Man@the.keyboard (John)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Disappearing ASC posts
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 23:02:04 +0000
Sender: 9dIQLXBM7WM9KzA+yjdR4A
 by: John - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 23:02 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:17:09 +0000, T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk>
wrote:

>On 28/12/2023 14:22, David B. wrote:

>>> Is all this complete lack of self awareness part of 'your problem' do
>>> you think David?
>>>
>>> I know us guys have a bit of a rep for not being mindful and our egos
>>> taking over where common / good sense and self constraint / self respect
>>> should kick in?
>>>
>>> But you seem to have taken it to it's extreme, seemingly completely
>>> oblivious of what you are doing, how it / you look to others and the
>>> worse thing, not seeming to learn from any of it?
>>>
>>> Now there are all sorts of neurodivergence traits that would account for
>>> such self destructive situations so have you sought advice ooi? What do
>>> your family think about it all (assuming they know)?
>>>
>>> If you had any good mates, they should be the ones talking you down from
>>> much of what you do.
>>
>> Do you understand what is going on here?
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwQ-guwvfs&t=0
>
>On that video, yes, it's a parody of what the experience of buying stuff
>online or remotely (by phone) can be like?
>>
>> (It's Vegan and very safe!)

Oh, we're supposed to *trust* him, now? Really? Yar gots ta be
kidden.

>The bread rolls may not be vegan as they can be made with butter, milk,
>eggs, cheese or even honey.

Is honey not vegan?

I know that animals make it by ingesting plant-juices, spitting the
condensed fluids into a vat and letting it congeal and chemically
change for a while but I am fairly sure it doesn't actually have -
save for some salivary and digestive juices - any actual *animal*
products in it. Do the digestive and pre-digestive add-ins count as
"animal products" sufficiently to make honey a meat?

Honey is contra-indicated for those of a diabetic persuasion, true
but I thought vegetarians and vegans could eat it? Am I wrong?

No, milk and honey are not the same thing. Milk is actually *made* by
mammals (and, apparently, almonds, coconuts, oats and a huge variety
of plants but that's a distraction) (and mainly dreadful) and leaked
out of their modified sweat glands whereas honey is just a little
flavoured by bee bits and has a little of its water absorbed. Isn't
honey still a plant product?

Okay, so the *bees* don't think so but what about E.U. laws?

>So, did you have a point?

On his head, perhaps?

>Cheers, T i m

Happy New Year,

J.

N.B.: yes, bees *are* animals, as are flies (much to my dislike) and
even ants. Those movies featuring prominent disclaimers that "no
animals were harmed" may not be entirely accurate. :)
Oh, "Borg", cyborgs, Predators, Wraith, Vampires and Werewolves are
also animals, of a sort. As would be the thing Victor rebuilt.