Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024wessie
+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Ben Blaney
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Andy Burns
||`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
|| `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
||  `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Tim
||   `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Boots
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Pete Fisher
||`- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Andy Burns
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Eddie
||+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
|||`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Eddie
||| `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
||+- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
||`- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Mark Olson
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Colin Irvine
||`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Andy Burns
|| `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Colin Irvine
|+- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Mark Olson
||`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Spike
|| +* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Pete Fisher
|| |+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
|| |`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024GeoffC
|| | +- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
|| | `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Pete Fisher
|| |  `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Pete Fisher
|| |   `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024GeoffC
|| `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Colin Irvine
|+* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024jeremy
||`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Ben Blaney
|| `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024John Doe
||  `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024wessie
||   `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Ben Blaney
|`* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Mike Fleming
| `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
|  `* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
|   +* Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Andy Burns
|   |`- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024chrisnd @ukrm
|   `- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024YTC#1
+- Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024Worst Case
`- Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024"Worst Case"

Pages:12
Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kuap8jFhm93U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19733&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19733

From: peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:37:53 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:37 UTC

On 18/12/2023 10:55, Spike wrote:
> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Fuck me, you are one lazy cnut.
>

>> A simple matter of not using up disc space for a system that I very
>> rarely use, on a machine that is not endowed with an abundance of
>> storage. The Gmail web interface is good enough for checking and
>> responding to emails. Most of the other accounts I have to keep an eye
>> on have a forward to my gmail address and a webmail (usually stackmail)
>> instance that I use to reply anyway. Oh and a Proton secure email
>> account for some jobs.
>>
>> Guilty as charged though.
>
> Use a portable version of Tbird on a USB stick?

Hmm.
<Googles>
https://kb.mozillazine.org/Running_from_a_USB_drive_-_Thunderbird

Sounds like a plan. I have to keep an eye on about 4 additional IMAP
accounts, so that would help when 'away'. Though I try to literally
'switch off' as much as possible on holiday, there's always some old
codger who can't remember their VMCC forum password and fires off a
contact us email saying they need it reset.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kub2huF9tssU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19734&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19734

From: eddie@deguello.org (Eddie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:16:30 +0000
 by: Eddie - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:16 UTC

On 16/12/2023 14:04, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 15/12/2023 22:48, Eddie wrote:
>>
>> Thunderbird suits me just fine, with the advantage that I can use the
>> same client on different operating systems (with a bit of
>> jiggery-pokery to sync the newsrc file).
>
> <raises eybrow>
> Tell me more about this piggery-jokery - I must admit I hadn't even
> considered it but I would find it useful to be able to do this.

There's a few ways of doing it, but it boils down to putting the newsrc
file somewhere that can be synced automatically between the different
operating systems using a service like Dropbox[0].

You can either tell your news client to use the synced file directly, or
use a symbolic link from where the news client expects the newsrc file
to be to its synced location.

[0] Other file synchronisation services are available. I use something
that syncs it to my NAS.

--
Eddie eddie@deguello.org

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kub4u8Flf6bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19737&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19737

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:57:12 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:57 UTC

On 18/12/2023 14:16, Eddie wrote:
> On 16/12/2023 14:04, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
>> On 15/12/2023 22:48, Eddie wrote:
>>>
>>> Thunderbird suits me just fine, with the advantage that I can use the
>>> same client on different operating systems (with a bit of
>>> jiggery-pokery to sync the newsrc file).
>>
>> <raises eybrow>
>> Tell me more about this piggery-jokery - I must admit I hadn't even
>> considered it but I would find it useful to be able to do this.
>
> There's a few ways of doing it, but it boils down to putting the newsrc
> file somewhere that can be synced automatically between the different
> operating systems using a service like Dropbox[0].
>
> You can either tell your news client to use the synced file directly, or
> use a symbolic link from where the news client expects the newsrc file
> to be to its synced location.

Gotcha, ta.
I can do that ... I think...

Chris

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<ulq2ac$3k91a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19738&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19738

From: me@invalid.nl (GeoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:16:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: GeoffC - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:16 UTC

Pete Fisher wrote:

> On 18/12/2023 09:25, Spike wrote:
> >Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:

> > > Eternal September as a server does the job for me, seems to be
> > > almost 100% reliable. <Knock on wood>.
> >
> > > Client SW for a Mac? No idea.
> >
> > Thunderbird.
> >
> > NIN at 10 euro per annum is a steal for top-class text-only Usenet
> > access.
> >
> > <https://news.individual.net/>
> >

> Works for me, but ICBA do install TBird on the laptop I sometimes
> use. A decent Android app would be useful if utterly bored on holiday
> and wanting to contribute to the UKRM stream of consciousness. GG
> sort of worked but was as clunky an interface as you could imagine -
> particularly for posting.

PhoNews?

--

Geoff
NTV650

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kubkvhFp1rqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19740&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19740

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 18 Dec 2023 19:30:58 GMT
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 19:30 UTC

On 18/12/2023 18:16, GeoffC wrote:
>Pete Fisher wrote:

>> > Thunderbird.
>> >
>> > NIN at 10 euro per annum is a steal for top-class text-only Usenet
>> > access.
>> >
>> > <https://news.individual.net/>
>> >

>> Works for me, but ICBA do install TBird on the laptop I sometimes
>> use. A decent Android app would be useful if utterly bored on holiday
>> and wanting to contribute to the UKRM stream of consciousness. GG
>> sort of worked but was as clunky an interface as you could imagine -
>> particularly for posting.
>
>PhoNews?

+1

Chris

--
XV750SE & GS550T

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<vu585k-vm3.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19745&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19745

From: news@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:56:15 +0800
 by: Boots - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:56 UTC

On 17/12/2023 23:31 Tim penned these words:
> On 17/12/2023 10:23, YTC#1 wrote:

>>> I admit, I like the simplicity of that web interface...
>> Absolutely fucking hate it.
>>
> +1
+2
--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kud8auF3oqjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19746&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19746

From: peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:07:24 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:07 UTC

On 18/12/2023 18:16, GeoffC wrote:
> Pete Fisher wrote:

>>> Thunderbird.
>>>
>>> NIN at 10 euro per annum is a steal for top-class text-only Usenet
>>> access.
>>>
>>> <https://news.individual.net/>
>>>

>> Works for me, but ICBA do install TBird on the laptop I sometimes
>> use. A decent Android app would be useful if utterly bored on holiday
>> and wanting to contribute to the UKRM stream of consciousness. GG
>> sort of worked but was as clunky an interface as you could imagine -
>> particularly for posting.
>
> PhoNews?

<Googles>

Not all brilliant feedback is it?
I'll give it a go.
I did start modifying the source code of a different one in Android
Studio to 'improve' it but it made my head hurt.
An HTML5 mobile optimised web viewer might be better. Started on one of
those too but they switched aioe off and having to use credentials adds
a layer of complexity. Articles were fetched to a JSON file.

It used Jquery Mobile 1.3.2 and the interface was built using RIB.

Never got round to implementing posting, but it worked quite nicely as a
reader on a phone, though the threading representation was only by ID.
--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
Honda CB250RS (Not Waynetta!)
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kudv20Fbe7fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19750&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19750

From: degrees72@gmail.com (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 19 Dec 2023 16:35:12 GMT
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:35 UTC

On 19/12/2023 10:07 am, Pete Fisher wrote:
>On 18/12/2023 18:16, GeoffC wrote:
>> Pete Fisher wrote:

>>> Works for me, but ICBA do install TBird on the laptop I sometimes
>>> use. A decent Android app would be useful if utterly bored on holiday
>>> and wanting to contribute to the UKRM stream of consciousness. GG
>>> sort of worked but was as clunky an interface as you could imagine -
>>> particularly for posting.
>>
>> PhoNews?
>>

><Googles>
>
>Not all brilliant feedback is it?
>I'll give it a go.
>I did start modifying the source code of a different one in Android
>Studio to 'improve' it but it made my head hurt.
>An HTML5 mobile optimised web viewer might be better. Started on one of
>those too but they switched aioe off and having to use credentials adds
>a layer of complexity. Articles were fetched to a JSON file.
>
>It used Jquery Mobile 1.3.2 and the interface was built using RIB.
>
>Never got round to implementing posting, but it worked quite nicely as a
>reader on a phone, though the threading representation was only by ID.

Odd. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get it working.
--
Huh

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<ulsrbh$62il$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19754&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19754

From: me@invalid.nl (GeoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 19:36:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: GeoffC - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 19:36 UTC

Pete Fisher wrote:

> On 19/12/2023 10:07 am, Pete Fisher wrote:

> > > PhoNews?
> > >

> > <Googles>
> >
> > Not all brilliant feedback is it?
> > I'll give it a go.
> > I did start modifying the source code of a different one in Android
> > Studio to 'improve' it but it made my head hurt. An HTML5 mobile
> > optimised web viewer might be better. Started on one of those too
> > but they switched aioe off and having to use credentials adds a
> > layer of complexity. Articles were fetched to a JSON file.
> >
> > It used Jquery Mobile 1.3.2 and the interface was built using RIB.
> >
> > Never got round to implementing posting, but it worked quite nicely
> > as a reader on a phone, though the threading representation was
> > only by ID.
>

> Odd. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get it working.

Two light annoyances I have with it:

The send button is often around where the cursor is, resulting in
sending unfinished posts.
It seems to be (for me anyway) very easy to delete a a whole group,
quite easy to get it back though but you lose all your read/unread
markings.
Apart from that it works, I don't think I am a very demanding user
though.

--

Geoff
NTV650

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kulu8lF1qmiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19771&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19771

From: jeremy0505@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 22 Dec 2023 17:10:45 GMT
 by: jeremy - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:10 UTC

On 15 Dec 2023 at 17:39:33 GMT, "Ben Blaney" <benblaney@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:32:09 AM UTC-5, wessie wrote:
>
>> Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at
>> groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe to Usenet
>> groups, or view new Usenet content.
>
> Think this might be the end of the road for me. Not sure I can be bothered to
> find a source, and - despite Murray's championing - I found MacSoup to be a
> horrible client.

On MacOS try usenapp - been using it myself for a couple of years - does the
job nicely (I previously used Gravity when on MS Windows).

--
jeremy

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<205c6595-1d72-4246-a22b-b0440bebe733n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19774&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19774

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:29:21 -0800 (PST)
From: benblaney@gmail.com (Ben Blaney)
 by: Ben Blaney - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 19:29 UTC

On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:10:49 PM UTC-5, jeremy wrote:

> On MacOS try usenapp - been using it myself for a couple of years - does the
> job nicely (I previously used Gravity when on MS Windows).

Will do, cheers.

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<um4r45$1msn1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19775&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19775

From: john.doe@myemail.invalid (John Doe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:21:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:21 UTC

On Dec 22, 2023 at 2:29:21 PM EST, "Ben Blaney" <benblaney@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:10:49 PM UTC-5, jeremy wrote:
>
>> On MacOS try usenapp - been using it myself for a couple of years - does the
>> job nicely (I previously used Gravity when on MS Windows).
>
> Will do, cheers.

Done.

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<XnsB0E2D35C97AD7wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19776&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19776

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:46:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:46 UTC

John Doe <john.doe@myemail.invalid> wrote in

> On Dec 22, 2023 at 2:29:21 PM EST, "Ben Blaney" <benblaney@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:10:49 PM UTC-5, jeremy wrote:
>>
>>> On MacOS try usenapp - been using it myself for a couple of years -
>>> does the job nicely (I previously used Gravity when on MS Windows).
>>
>> Will do, cheers.
>
> Done.

a pint of Pomerol please

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kutodlFe1geU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20338&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20338

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:20:04 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:20 UTC

On 15/12/2023 17:39, Ben Blaney wrote:
> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:32:09 AM UTC-5, wessie wrote:
>
>> Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at
>> groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe to Usenet
>> groups, or view new Usenet content.
>
> Think this might be the end of the road for me. Not sure I can be bothered to find a source, and - despite Murray's championing - I found MacSoup to be a horrible client.

Thunderbird is available for Mac.

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<umcbgc$33mnr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20339&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20339

From: benblaney@gmail.invalid (Ben Blaney)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:43:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ben Blaney - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:43 UTC

On Dec 22, 2023 at 3:46:39 PM EST, "wessie" <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

> John Doe <john.doe@myemail.invalid> wrote in
>
>> On Dec 22, 2023 at 2:29:21 PM EST, "Ben Blaney" <benblaney@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Will do, cheers.
>>
>> Done

Not well, as it turns out. Been a while since I've set up....well, anything.
Feels a bit early 2000s.

> a pint of Pomerol please

Well, since it's you, and it's Christmas...cheers!

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<umf2ki$3i92c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20341&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20341

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 17:30:58 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 17:30 UTC

On 25/12/2023 16:20, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 15/12/2023 17:39, Ben Blaney wrote:
>> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:32:09 AM UTC-5, wessie wrote:
>>
>>> Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at
>>> groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe to Usenet
>>> groups, or view new Usenet content.
>>
>> Think this might be the end of the road for me.  Not sure I can be
>> bothered to find a source, and - despite Murray's championing - I
>> found MacSoup to be a horrible client.
>
> Thunderbird is available for Mac.

And Linux
And Solaris
And Android (but only as email, and currently called K9)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kv2aghF9187U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20348&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20348

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 09:53:21 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 09:53 UTC

On 26/12/2023 17:30, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 25/12/2023 16:20, Mike Fleming wrote:

>>> Think this might be the end of the road for me.  Not sure I can be
>>> bothered to find a source, and - despite Murray's championing - I
>>> found MacSoup to be a horrible client.
>>
>> Thunderbird is available for Mac.
>
> And Linux
> And Solaris
> And Android (but only as email, and currently called K9)

Interesting - I've been using K9 on Android for a while now but not
realised there was a TB connection.

Chris

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kv2bejF7c0oU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20349&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20349

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:09:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:09 UTC

chrisnd @ukrm wrote:

> Interesting - I've been using K9 on Android for a while now but not
> realised there was a TB connection.

There isn't much of a connection yet, K9 is still K9. MZLA have
employed the K9 developer(s) for a future TB for Android

I thought there used to be some code here, but it's now empty

<https://github.com/orgs/thundernest/repositories>

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<umgv1o$3sttq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20350&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20350

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:42:00 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:42 UTC

On 27/12/2023 09:53, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 26/12/2023 17:30, YTC#1 wrote:

>>> Thunderbird is available for Mac.
>>
>> And Linux
>> And Solaris
>> And Android (but only as email, and currently called K9)
>
> Interesting - I've been using K9 on Android for a while now but not
> realised there was a TB connection.

I think the re branding is due soon(ish)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<kv2nu7F9187U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20351&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20351

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 13:42:31 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 13:42 UTC

On 27/12/2023 10:09, Andy Burns wrote:
> chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
>
>> Interesting - I've been using K9 on Android for a while now but not
>> realised there was a TB connection.
>
> There isn't much of a connection yet, K9 is still K9.  MZLA have
> employed the K9 developer(s) for a future TB for Android
>
> I thought there used to be some code here, but it's now empty
>
> <https://github.com/orgs/thundernest/repositories>

Ta for the update.

The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<15b9344fb07fc7fe02e024b78a5829a6@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20706&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20706

From: "Worst Case"@dizum.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:48:16 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
 by: "Worst Case"@dizum.com - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:48 UTC

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:32:06 -0000 (UTC), wessie <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

> Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups
> (at groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe
> to Usenet groups, or view new Usenet content.

T-5 days and counting! No big last-minute push from spammers so far.

--
Worst Case

Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024

<us9gpn$b10e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20869&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20869

From: nobody@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 10:33:26 +0000
 by: Tim - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 10:33 UTC

On 18/12/2023 10:37, Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 18/12/2023 10:25, YTC#1 wrote:

>>> Works for me, but ICBA do install TBird on the laptop I sometimes use. A
>> Fuck me, you are one lazy cnut.
>>>

> A simple matter of not using up disc space for a system that I very
> rarely use, on a machine that is not endowed with an abundance of
> storage. The Gmail web interface is good enough for checking and
> responding to emails. Most of the other accounts I have to keep an eye
> on have a forward to my gmail address and a webmail (usually stackmail)
> instance that I use to reply anyway. Oh and a Proton secure email
> account for some jobs.
>
> Guilty as charged though.

Not much space? Have you considered
https://www.theregister.com/2024/03/04/tiny_core_linux_15/

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Google Groups archive only in Feb 2024