As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Books

SubjectAuthor
* BooksDavid Kennedy
`* BooksMark
 `* BooksDavid Kennedy
  `* BooksMark
   `- BooksDavid Kennedy

1
Books

<ifKcnQxgpqEuCg_4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20330&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20330

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidkennedygm@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Subject: Books
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 10:45:06 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 10:45 UTC

What a complete mess this app is.
I thought that I might profitably spend some time tidying things up. Removing
obsolete or unused apps, sorting things and generally trying to start the new
year in an organised fashion.
Then I discover that I have some duplicate audio books - no idea how that
happened but I wanted to get rid of them. (I would also like to store them on
a network volume but that isn't possible)
Anyway, there is, or seems not to be, anyway to check which of the duplicates
is linked to which file. And, as some have been there since iTunes and others
are more recent, they are scattered throughout the system.
Yes it does sync between phone and ipad etc. but this seems to be it's only
virtue.

Come back iTunes!

Or, better still, SoundJam.

Re: Books

<umuovc$28svn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20338&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20338

From: captain.black@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Books
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:24:12 +0000
 by: Mark - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:24 UTC

Retroactive? <https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive>
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: Books

<dTadndQZxJjquw74nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20344&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20344

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidkennedygm@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 20:54:15 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 20:54 UTC

On 01/01/2024 16:24, Mark wrote:
> On 2024-01-01 10:45:06 +0000, David Kennedy said:
>
>> What a complete mess this app is.
>> I thought that I might profitably spend some time tidying things up.
>> Removing obsolete or unused apps, sorting things and generally trying to
>> start the new year in an organised fashion.
>> Then I discover that I have some duplicate audio books - no idea how that
>> happened but I wanted to get rid of them. (I would also like to store them
>> on a network volume but that isn't possible)
>> Anyway, there is, or seems not to be, anyway to check which of the
>> duplicates is linked to which file. And, as some have been there since
>> iTunes and others are more recent, they are scattered throughout the system.
>> Yes it does sync between phone and ipad etc. but this seems to be it's only
>> virtue.
>>
>> Come back iTunes!
>>
>> Or, better still, SoundJam.
>
> Retroactive? <https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive>

Comes up with the Github login page?

I did track it down though. Not sure that's the direction for me though.
Simplicity seems to suit me these days.
It might be nice if Apple didn't feel the need to move the goal posts on a
regular basis but as that's beyond my control it's either a different app or
examining the files with something else.

Re: Books

<umvajb$2bc7u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20345&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20345

From: captain.black@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 21:24:59 +0000
 by: Mark - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 21:24 UTC

On 2024-01-01 20:54:15 +0000, David Kennedy said:

> On 01/01/2024 16:24, Mark wrote:
>> On 2024-01-01 10:45:06 +0000, David Kennedy said:
>>
>>> What a complete mess this app is.
>>> I thought that I might profitably spend some time tidying things up.
>>> Removing obsolete or unused apps, sorting things and generally trying
>>> to start the new year in an organised fashion.
>>> Then I discover that I have some duplicate audio books - no idea how
>>> that happened but I wanted to get rid of them. (I would also like to
>>> store them on a network volume but that isn't possible)
>>> Anyway, there is, or seems not to be, anyway to check which of the
>>> duplicates is linked to which file. And, as some have been there since
>>> iTunes and others are more recent, they are scattered throughout the
>>> system.
>>> Yes it does sync between phone and ipad etc. but this seems to be it's
>>> only virtue.
>>>
>>> Come back iTunes!
>>>
>>> Or, better still, SoundJam.
>>
>> Retroactive? <https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive>
>
> Comes up with the Github login page?
>
> I did track it down though. Not sure that's the direction for me
> though. Simplicity seems to suit me these days.
> It might be nice if Apple didn't feel the need to move the goal posts
> on a regular basis but as that's beyond my control it's either a
> different app or examining the files with something else.

Yes, it's a Github project. I doubt Apple would let it into the App Store.
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: Books

<JqGdnYy-h4tiTw74nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20354&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20354

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidkennedygm@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 09:10:23 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 09:10 UTC

On 01/01/2024 21:24, Mark wrote:
> On 2024-01-01 20:54:15 +0000, David Kennedy said:

>>> Retroactive? <https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive>
>>
>> Comes up with the Github login page?
>>
>> I did track it down though. Not sure that's the direction for me though.
>> Simplicity seems to suit me these days.
>> It might be nice if Apple didn't feel the need to move the goal posts on a
>> regular basis but as that's beyond my control it's either a different app or
>> examining the files with something else.
>
> Yes, it's a Github project. I doubt Apple would let it into the App Store.

What I really want to do is check the duplicates and see if there is any
difference in quality or size and then dump them as appropriate.