From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 4
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:12:45 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:12 UTC

Now we come to two awards which exemplify why we are all gathered here.
The first award is again for General Bad Taste but specifically related
to The Archers. Rather surprisingly, given how few umrats actually admit
to listening to The Archers there are several nominations in this
category. Since many of the current storylines revolve around The
Stables here to present the award is a noted horsewoman (and you can
parse that how you please), the Princess Royal, Princess Anne.

Thank you for inviting me. I want to make it clear that although the
hidden microphones have conspicuously failed to eavesdrop on my visits,
unlike those of Auntie Margaret and my sister-in-law, I am no stranger
to Borsetshire. Indeed it was at a point-to-point near Waterley Cross
that I first introduced a local farmer to my old chum Mandy Beesborough
many years ago. And more recently who do you think arranged a little
accident for a promising three-day eventer which left the field clear
for my own favourite on whom I had a not insignificant bet?
Without further ado, the nominations for Bad Taste in Ambridge are:

Clive Arthur wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Oh for goodness sake!
add this to last night's depressing and irritating
scenes and how to engender gloom, which we do not need.
It was not funny. Just sad.

Indeed. Brian seeking the Joy of sex in Whoreville.

Nominated by Chris

Plus ca change, I see.

Nick Odell wrote
I reckon this is the week we learn that George Grundy has an
Only Fans account and has been using it to entice horny
television presenters. The clues are all there: what else do you
think they mean by "things come to a head" (fnarr, fnarr) and
George's fallout is obviously linked to loose-
fitting Grundy underwear.

Nominated by Penny

On 10/09/2023 23:36, Nick Odell wrote: [NB Double nomination]
> On Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 11:25:34 AM UTC+1, BrritSki wrote:
Serena Blanchflower wrote:
Umrats may find this interview with Jazzer interesting, and it
explains the sudden interest, in the Horrobin family, in
Larkrise to Candleford:

<https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a3da1342-4f38-11ee-974b-e2b9321088c0?shareToken=d334705ba4d3ed49583ee12ecce851dc>, aka
<https://tinyl.io/9LdS>
“But time passes. You blink and you miss it."

Jazzer nominated (as the source of the quotation) by Brritski

BUT

Nick Odell wrote (about the same article)
I'll see your "blink and you'll miss it" and raise you "see each
other" twice in the same paragraph. “We all got together and
it’s nice to see each other again,” he said. “We sometimes don’t
see each other for months, because we’re not in the same
episodes.

Resulting in a double nomination.

Mike McMillan wrote:
Serena Blanchflower wrote:
Very much so. If she really felt she needed to push him
off the roof, it would have made a far more interesting
storyline to have left him in a wheelchair. That would
have still allowed her pretty well all the major drama
and family tension that killing him off gave her. She
would also have had some really interesting lines that
they could have explored.
‘I would like Mellors to push me around the estate this
morning.’

Nominated by Rosie Mitchell

BrritSki wrote:
carolet wrote:
Spoilers:
Friday 29th - ... and Brian has something to get off his
chest.
His dancing partner who has had a big death at the moment of la
petite mort.

Nominated by Serena Blanchflower

And the award goes to Jazzer for displaying so little insight.

Thank you, Your Highness. You might want to stay around for the next
category since you are clearly familiar with the area.

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 4

<kvvi6pF6muaU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20588&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20588

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 4
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:02:33 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:02 UTC

LOL