From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Umra Bat Taste Awards 2023 - Part 6
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:24:47 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:24 UTC

That concludes the Bad Taste Awards but the night is not over yet.
Regular attendees will know that the final award of the evening is the
Linda Tame award for Mere Vulgarity. We were hoping to have this award
presented by a man who leaves a bad taste in many people’s mouths and is
regarded by others as simply vulgar but Piers refused to share a Green
Room with “that Markle woman” so it’s down to me again.

Looking back over the year I can’t believe that there has only been one
case of Mere Vulgarity in umra and that this must be a failure to record
on my part but I have only one nomination which will surprise nobody:

BrritSki wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Mike McMillan wrote [of a day when four umrats shared a
birthday]:
Is it something in the water?
Post war baby boom?
Pre-Christmas works "do".…

Nominated by Nick Odell.

So the winner by default, two falls, two submissions or a knockout is
Brritski.

That really is it, but before it is time to attack the curly sandwiches
and own-brand lager I just need to officially welcome to the post of Bad
Taste Monitor your own, your very own, Rosie Mitchell. Thank you and
good night.

Re: Umra Bat Taste Awards 2023 - Part 6

<87edeuupxj.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20569&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20569

From: rcmitchell@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Umra Bat Taste Awards 2023 - Part 6
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 21:12:24 +0000
sha1:fVkhXxkXEsBy3HJl+lza5risdjg=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 21:12 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes:

> That concludes the Bad Taste Awards but the night is not over
> yet. Regular attendees will know that the final award of the evening
> is the Linda Tame award for Mere Vulgarity. We were hoping to have
> this award presented by a man who leaves a bad taste in many people’s
> mouths and is regarded by others as simply vulgar but Piers refused to
> share a Green Room with “that Markle woman” so it’s down to me again.
>
> Looking back over the year I can’t believe that there has only been
> one case of Mere Vulgarity in umra and that this must be a failure to
> record on my part but I have only one nomination which will surprise
> nobody:
>
> BrritSki wrote:
> Vicky wrote:
> Mike McMillan wrote [of a day when four umrats shared a
> birthday]:
> Is it something in the water?
> Post war baby boom?
> Pre-Christmas works "do".…
>
> Nominated by Nick Odell.
>
> So the winner by default, two falls, two submissions or a knockout is
> Brritski.
>
> That really is it, but before it is time to attack the curly
> sandwiches and own-brand lager I just need to officially welcome to
> the post of Bad Taste Monitor your own, your very own, Rosie
> Mitchell. Thank you and good night.

<skips elegantly on stage in full finery>

Thank you John. May I say I am looking forward to a vintage year for bad
taste.

Rosie