Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. -- Alan Watts

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

SubjectAuthor
* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
+* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
|+* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Mike McMillan
||`* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
|| +* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Mike McMillan
|| |`- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Vicky
|| `- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Sam Plusnet
|`* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Serena Blanchflower
| `* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
|  +* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Vicky
|  |`- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Mike McMillan
|  `- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Serena Blanchflower
+- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
+* Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2nick
|+- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2John Ashby
|`- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2Sam Plusnet
`- Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2krw

1
Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unbvr8$m2sj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20530&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20530

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:41:12 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:41 UTC

For the next category we turn from someone who reads the news to someone
who makes it briefly. To introduce the nominations for General Bad Taste
please give it up for a woman who is giving it up, Queen Margrethe of
Denmark.

Tak skal du have. … I am very pleased --- to be here … In the short time
… before my abdication --- which I am … doing completely … of my own ---
free will …

The nominations are:

Sally Thompson wrote:
Jim Easterbrook wrote:
Ben Blaney wrote [again following Mike McMillan’s boat
trip tale]:
I may have posted about this before, but I
vaguely knew a guy called Billy Baxter, who held
the blind solo world land speed record - on a
motorcycle. 164Mph.
People are incredible.
So are their guide dogs.
I didn't know guide dogs could run that fast.

Nominated by Brritski.

Clive Arthur wrote:
Sam Plusnet wrote:
Serena Blanchflower wrote:
Mike McMillan wrote:
Chris wrote [Having sent a test
message]:
I’m here again.
But I can’t see anyone else! AnyRats
about?
Waving!
Drowning!
Far out!

Nominated by Vicky.

Sam Plusnet wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Mike McMillan wrote:
krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
That was down to a lack of understanding
of radio drama – something which the
Beetle did know about and is now a lost
art.
There is a lot to be said for employing blind
producers for radio production I feel.
Hear hear
They would have to.

Nominated by Nick Odell

Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all over again.

Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.

Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unc06q$m2sj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20532&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20532

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:47:22 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:47 UTC

And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
discomfort.

I'll try to do better with the next lot.

john

Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unc1ri$m2sj$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20537&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20537

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:15:30 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:15 UTC

Clive Arthur wrote:

Sam Plusnet wrote:
    Vicky wrote:
        Mike McMillan wrote:
            krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
                That was down to a lack of understanding
                of radio drama – something which the
                Beetle did know about and is now a lost
                art.
            There is a lot to be said for employing blind
            producers for radio production I feel.
        Hear hear
    They would have to.

Nominated by Nick Odell

Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all  over again.

Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.

Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unc29m$mfbb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20540&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20540

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:23:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4Z/XSyF9BLpDJ1wF7nWAu8QwY4Y=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:23 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
> for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
> my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
> ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
> monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
> discomfort.
>
> I'll try to do better with the next lot.
>
> john

I feel for you John, I spent a very similar night in Royal Berks
Horsepiddle CCU on Nov.30th. / Dec. 1st. There were so many bleeps and
alarms plus pattering feet and occasional nurse’s / porter’s voices, I
could not sleep a single wink. (This was confirmed by my iWatch that
indicated not one minute minute of sleep all night) - but I slept well the
following night at home again.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unc2ld$m2sj$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20542&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20542

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:29:17 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:29 UTC

On 06/01/2024 17:23, Mike McMillan wrote:
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
>> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
>> for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
>> my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
>> ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
>> monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
>> discomfort.
>>
>> I'll try to do better with the next lot.
>>
>> john
>>

> I feel for you John, I spent a very similar night in Royal Berks
> Horsepiddle CCU on Nov.30th. / Dec. 1st. There were so many bleeps and
> alarms plus pattering feet and occasional nurse’s / porter’s voices, I
> could not sleep a single wink. (This was confirmed by my iWatch that
> indicated not one minute minute of sleep all night) - but I slept well the
> following night at home again.

For the avoidance of doubt I was let go with all tests passed and used
the discomfort felt last night to disturb the sleep of New Partner.

john

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unc3vp$mna5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20546&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20546

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:51:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Vz9fGi1Z98xFEoAvBLSbc7nENv4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:51 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 06/01/2024 17:23, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
>>> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
>>> for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
>>> my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
>>> ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
>>> monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
>>> discomfort.
>>>
>>> I'll try to do better with the next lot.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> I feel for you John, I spent a very similar night in Royal Berks
>> Horsepiddle CCU on Nov.30th. / Dec. 1st. There were so many bleeps and
>> alarms plus pattering feet and occasional nurse’s / porter’s voices, I
>> could not sleep a single wink. (This was confirmed by my iWatch that
>> indicated not one minute minute of sleep all night) - but I slept well the
>> following night at home again.
>>

> For the avoidance of doubt I was let go with all tests passed and used
> the discomfort felt last night to disturb the sleep of New Partner.
>
> john

My stay included a scan of my lungs which also covered a partial scan of my
liver - this necessitated a further visit a few weeks later for a full scan
of my liver which revealed a cyst and gallstones (which I didn’t know could
be in one’s liver anyway! *I await the doctor’s report as to what they
propose next…

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<4818a4ea7698f57be17192a8994ac115@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20551&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20551

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (nick)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:16:52 +0000
 by: nick - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:16 UTC

John Ashby wrote:

> For the next category we turn from someone who reads the news to someone
> who makes it briefly. To introduce the nominations for General Bad Taste
> please give it up for a woman who is giving it up, Queen Margrethe of
> Denmark.

> Tak skal du have. … I am very pleased --- to be here … In the short time
> … before my abdication --- which I am … doing completely … of my own ---
> free will …

> The nominations are:

> Sally Thompson wrote:
> Jim Easterbrook wrote:
> Ben Blaney wrote [again following Mike McMillan’s boat
> trip tale]:
> I may have posted about this before, but I
> vaguely knew a guy called Billy Baxter, who held
> the blind solo world land speed record - on a
> motorcycle. 164Mph.
> People are incredible.
> So are their guide dogs.
> I didn't know guide dogs could run that fast.

> Nominated by Brritski.

> Clive Arthur wrote:
> Sam Plusnet wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> Mike McMillan wrote:
> Chris wrote [Having sent a test
> message]:
> I’m here again.
> But I can’t see anyone else! AnyRats
> about?
> Waving!
> Drowning!
> Far out!

> Nominated by Vicky.

> Sam Plusnet wrote:
> Vicky wrote:
> Mike McMillan wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> That was down to a lack of understanding
> of radio drama – something which the
> Beetle did know about and is now a lost
> art.
> There is a lot to be said for employing blind
> producers for radio production I feel.
> Hear hear
> They would have to.

> Nominated by Nick Odell

> Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
> Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all over again.

> Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.

> Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
> you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.

Erme - isn't this a bit like the 2017 Oscars where they announced the wrong Best Film? I'm sorry about your hospital visit, John and I'm rooting for your full recovery but might there be a little touch of residual concussion? Shouldn't the award go to Sam Plusnet? Of course if I'm wrong, I shall blame the week-old chicken pie I ate last night and claim hallucinations

Nick

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<8s6jpit83u7k7ent6a9bebf4nh3ijkhmgs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20552&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20552

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 18:28:20 +0000
 by: Vicky - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:28 UTC

On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:51:53 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I feel for you John, I spent a very similar night in Royal Berks
>>> Horsepiddle CCU on Nov.30th. / Dec. 1st. There were so many bleeps and
>>> alarms plus pattering feet and occasional nurse’s / porter’s voices, I
>>> could not sleep a single wink. (This was confirmed by my iWatch that
>>> indicated not one minute minute of sleep all night) - but I slept well the
>>> following night at home again.
>>>

>> For the avoidance of doubt I was let go with all tests passed and used
>> the discomfort felt last night to disturb the sleep of New Partner.
>>
>> john
>>

>My stay included a scan of my lungs which also covered a partial scan of my
>liver - this necessitated a further visit a few weeks later for a full scan
>of my liver which revealed a cyst and gallstones (which I didn’t know could
>be in one’s liver anyway! *I await the doctor’s report as to what they
>propose next…

Fingers crossed for you that it's pills or similar that sort it out
with no problems.

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<uncael$n8rr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20556&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20556

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 19:42:13 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 19:42 UTC

On 06/01/2024 18:16, nick wrote:
> John Ashby wrote:
>
>> For the next category we turn from someone who reads the news to
>> someone who makes it briefly. To introduce the nominations for General
>> Bad Taste please give it up for a woman who is giving it up, Queen
>> Margrethe of Denmark.
>
>> Tak skal du have. … I am very pleased --- to be here … In the short
>> time … before my abdication --- which I am … doing completely … of my
>> own --- free will …
>
>> The nominations are:
>
>> Sally Thompson wrote:
>>     Jim Easterbrook wrote:
>>         Ben Blaney wrote [again following Mike McMillan’s boat
>>         trip tale]:
>>             I may have posted about this before, but I
>>             vaguely knew a guy called Billy Baxter, who held
>>             the blind solo world land speed record - on a
>>             motorcycle. 164Mph.
>>             People are incredible.
>>         So are their guide dogs.
>>     I didn't know guide dogs could run that fast.
>
>> Nominated by Brritski.
>
>> Clive Arthur wrote:
>>     Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>         Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>             Mike McMillan wrote:
>>                 Chris wrote [Having sent a test
>>                 message]:
>>                     I’m here again.
>>                 But I can’t see anyone else! AnyRats
>>                  about?
>>             Waving!
>>         Drowning!
>>     Far out!
>
>> Nominated by Vicky.
>
>> Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>     Vicky wrote:
>>         Mike McMillan wrote:
>>             krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>                 That was down to a lack of understanding
>>                 of radio drama – something which the
>>                 Beetle did know about and is now a lost
>>                 art.
>>             There is a lot to be said for employing blind
>>             producers for radio production I feel.
>>         Hear hear
>>     They would have to.
>
>> Nominated by Nick Odell
>
>> Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
>> Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all  over again.
>
>> Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.
>
>> Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
>> you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.
>
> Erme - isn't this a bit like the 2017 Oscars where they announced the
> wrong Best Film? I'm sorry about your hospital visit, John and I'm
> rooting for your full recovery but might there be a little touch of
> residual concussion? Shouldn't the award go to Sam Plusnet? Of course if
> I'm wrong, I shall blame the week-old chicken pie I ate last night and
> claim hallucinations
>

> Nick

It should, of course, but foreign royals aren't as good at this sort of
thing as our home-grown foreign royals and I didn't have the heart (or
the Danish) to correct her.

john

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<tQimN.71622$ogWb.47492@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20566&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20566

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:35:37 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:35 UTC

On 06-Jan-24 17:29, John Ashby wrote:
> On 06/01/2024 17:23, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
>>> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
>>> for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
>>> my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
>>> ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
>>> monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
>>> discomfort.
>>>
>>> I'll try to do better with the next lot.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> I feel for you John, I spent a very similar night in Royal Berks
>> Horsepiddle CCU on Nov.30th. / Dec. 1st. There were so many bleeps and
>> alarms plus pattering feet and occasional nurse’s / porter’s voices, I
>> could not sleep a single wink. (This was confirmed by my iWatch that
>> indicated not one minute minute of sleep all night) - but I slept well
>> the
>> following night at home again.
>>

> For the avoidance of doubt I was let go with all tests passed and used
> the discomfort felt last night to disturb the sleep of New Partner.

I feel there is a story behind that "thrown from my bike" - but in your
own time. I hope boring normality reigns soonest.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<uTimN.71623$ogWb.19118@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20567&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20567

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:38:50 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:38 UTC

On 06-Jan-24 18:16, nick wrote:
> John Ashby wrote:
>
>> For the next category we turn from someone who reads the news to
>> someone who makes it briefly. To introduce the nominations for General
>> Bad Taste please give it up for a woman who is giving it up, Queen
>> Margrethe of Denmark.
>
>> Tak skal du have. … I am very pleased --- to be here … In the short
>> time … before my abdication --- which I am … doing completely … of my
>> own --- free will …
>
>> The nominations are:
>
>> Sally Thompson wrote:
>>     Jim Easterbrook wrote:
>>         Ben Blaney wrote [again following Mike McMillan’s boat
>>         trip tale]:
>>             I may have posted about this before, but I
>>             vaguely knew a guy called Billy Baxter, who held
>>             the blind solo world land speed record - on a
>>             motorcycle. 164Mph.
>>             People are incredible.
>>         So are their guide dogs.
>>     I didn't know guide dogs could run that fast.
>
>> Nominated by Brritski.
>
>> Clive Arthur wrote:
>>     Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>         Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>             Mike McMillan wrote:
>>                 Chris wrote [Having sent a test
>>                 message]:
>>                     I’m here again.
>>                 But I can’t see anyone else! AnyRats
>>                  about?
>>             Waving!
>>         Drowning!
>>     Far out!
>
>> Nominated by Vicky.
>
>> Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>     Vicky wrote:
>>         Mike McMillan wrote:
>>             krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>                 That was down to a lack of understanding
>>                 of radio drama – something which the
>>                 Beetle did know about and is now a lost
>>                 art.
>>             There is a lot to be said for employing blind
>>             producers for radio production I feel.
>>         Hear hear
>>     They would have to.
>
>> Nominated by Nick Odell
>
>> Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
>> Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all  over again.
>
>> Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.
>
>> Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
>> you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.
>
> Erme - isn't this a bit like the 2017 Oscars where they announced the
> wrong Best Film? I'm sorry about your hospital visit, John and I'm
> rooting for your full recovery but might there be a little touch of
> residual concussion? Shouldn't the award go to Sam Plusnet? Of course if
> I'm wrong, I shall blame the week-old chicken pie I ate last night and
> claim hallucinations

Shouldn't you let the chickens grow up a bit more before you pie them
Nick? Not much meat on a week-old chick.

P.S. I confess to the “They would have to” line. It was a weak moment.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<FnKdnXQWk6YeWwf4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20598&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20598

Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:43:08 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:43 UTC

On 6.1.24 16:41, John Ashby wrote:
> Sam Plusnet wrote:
>     Vicky wrote:
>         Mike McMillan wrote:
>             krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>                 That was down to a lack of understanding
>                 of radio drama – something which the
>                 Beetle did know about and is now a lost
>                 art.
>             There is a lot to be said for employing blind
>             producers for radio production I feel.
>         Hear hear
>     They would have to.
>
> Nominated by Nick Odell
>
> Can you believe it, an Australian queen? It’s her I blame, not my dear
> Frederick. It’s the Scottish Play all  over again.
>
> Sorry. The winner is Nick Odell for “They would have to”.
>
> Thank you Your Majesty and may I say that after 52 years on the throne
> you deserve a rest or at least a laxa<feedback whine>.

As an indirect involvement well awarded.

And I understand that young Prince William has been on the phone to find
out what you have to do to get the current incumbent to abdicate without
needing to marry an American.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<ungmt9$1fs74$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20613&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20613

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:39:21 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:39 UTC

On 06/01/2024 16:47, John Ashby wrote:
> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German visitors
> for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being thrown from
> my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of consciousness, a
> ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood pressure/pulse/oxygen
> monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan but also to nocturnal
> discomfort.
>
> I'll try to do better with the next lot.

What enquiring minds want to know is, who threw you off your bike and
why? I hope you aren't feeling too bruised or battered now and that
you're recovering nicely.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. Why did the tightrope walker visit his bank?

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unh08i$1i8p1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20616&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20616

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:18:58 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:18 UTC

On 08/01/2024 11:39, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 06/01/2024 16:47, John Ashby wrote:
>> And he's done it again. I'm trying to save these as drafts but keep on
>> pressing the send button instead. I blame the arrival of German
>> visitors for the first time and a sleepless night occasioned by being
>> thrown from my bike yesterday which led not only to a brief loss of
>> consciousness, a ride in an ambulance, three ECGs, three blood
>> pressure/pulse/oxygen monitorings, a set of blood tests and a CT scan
>> but also to nocturnal discomfort.
>>
>> I'll try to do better with the next lot.
>

> What enquiring minds want to know is, who threw you off your bike and
> why?  I hope you aren't feeling too bruised or battered now and that
> you're recovering nicely.

Well, since you ask me for an explanation of my recent fall.
</JohnFinnemore>

I threw myself off nd because I wasn't fully paying attention at the
time I have two possible explanations. One is that I was attempting to
start scooting the bike down the pavement and through inefficient
propioception I didn't get my foot properly on the pedal, it slipped off
and the resulting disorientation found me off balance. The second is
that shortly after I bought the bike it developed a fault where the
steering column went very stiff. This happened again yesterday and I
wonder if it happened on Friday and the loss of steering contributed to
the fall.

Recovery is proceeding apace - as I said elsewhere all the tests proved
positive - even the ones for normal brain activity (most disappointing)
so a few bruises and grazes are all I have to show for the experience.

john

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<cubopi92mggkqi0r8flnijbm22ki2df70g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20621&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20621

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 17:24:46 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:24 UTC

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:18:58 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Recovery is proceeding apace - as I said elsewhere all the tests proved
>positive - even the ones for normal brain activity (most disappointing)
>so a few bruises and grazes are all I have to show for the experience.

Good that you are recovering well.

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unhbb9$1k4fo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20623&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20623

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:28:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:AkPO5htElNscF6zZdLqktECGuaY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:28 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:18:58 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Recovery is proceeding apace - as I said elsewhere all the tests proved
>> positive - even the ones for normal brain activity (most disappointing)
>> so a few bruises and grazes are all I have to show for the experience.
>
> Good that you are recovering well.

I’m rather concerned that John is eating (or attempting to) as he attempts
to scoot along with his velocipede.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Umra Bad Taste Awards 2023 - Part 2

<unhd60$1fs75$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20625&group=uk.media.radio.archers#20625

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:59:28 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:59 UTC

On 08/01/2024 14:18, John Ashby wrote:

> Recovery is proceeding apace - as I said elsewhere all the tests proved
> positive - even the ones for normal brain activity (most disappointing)
> so a few bruises and grazes are all I have to show for the experience.

I'm glad that you're on the mend.

--
Best wishes, Serena
....running like a slug on valium (Tony Gardner)