The best way to get rid of worries is to let them die of neglect.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Do YOU know the answers?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Do YOU know the answers?whisky-dave
+- Re: Do YOU know the answers?David Brooks
`- Re: Do YOU know the answers?Tyrone

1
Re: Do YOU know the answers?

<61252136-5568-4ab4-a87b-220314892b1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20948&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20948

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:20:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Do YOU know the answers?
From: whisky.dave@gmail.com (whisky-dave)
 by: whisky-dave - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:20 UTC

On Sunday 18 February 2024 at 12:09:03 UTC, David B. wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2024 at 00:22:19 GMT, "Tyrone" <no...@none.none> wrote:
> > On Feb 17, 2024 at 4:01:56 PM EST, "David B." <b...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Do YOU know the answers?
> >>
> >> Answers to questions posed here:-
> >>
> >> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/794583/apple-support-communities-asc-forums-access/
> >
> > Yes. The answer is, you are incredibly stupid and don't understand a god damn
> > thing that people tell you.
>
> False.

Logically it seems true, in a binary way.

> > You have been banned several times from ASC and
> > you keep going back and getting banned again.
>
> That should not be possible.

Agreed in theory.
But as I tell my students practice and theory are differnt.

> It's part of my curiosity.
> Anyone can have any number of Apple IDs and can pretend to be an 'expert'!

Yep and anyone can predent to be a doctor and carry pout cosmetic surgeery anyone can claim
just about anything they like.

> > How long before you get banned
> > from BleepingComputer?
>
> For what reason? I've been a member since Windows XP days!
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/u/804172/brawdy14/

So,

> > Why are so you hell-bent on being on ASC anyway?
>
> You've got that arse-about-face! Why do some folk there wish to keep me OUT?

Why do you think they want to keep you out. ?

> I know I've touched a nerve there. I suspect that some folk there are up to no
> good.

But withy no proof.

> *HOW* do the Apple ASC forum moderators KNOW that I have been banned when I
> try to sign-in using my 'real' Apple ID?
> There has to be a mechanism of some sort!

Yep and telling someone might mean they find away around it.

> It's not simply cookies - so HOW do they know?
>
> > STILL wanting to stalk the usual folks?
>
> There is no question of stalking and there never has been.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> David

Re: Do YOU know the answers?

<ur9tot$ft4g$1@bdb.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20965&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20965

From: david@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:58:37 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:58 UTC

On 22/02/2024 12:20, whisky-dave wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2024 at 12:09:03 UTC, David B. wrote:

>>> Yes. The answer is, you are incredibly stupid and don't understand a god damn
>>> thing that people tell you.
>>
>> False.
>
> Logically it seems true, in a binary way.

I understand more than some people think!

>>> You have been banned several times from ASC and
>>> you keep going back and getting banned again.
>>
>> That should not be possible.
>
> Agreed in theory.
> But as I tell my students practice and theory are differnt

The Apple system is flawed.

>> It's part of my curiosity.
>> Anyone can have any number of Apple IDs and can pretend to be an 'expert'!
>
> Yep and anyone can predent to be a doctor and carry pout cosmetic surgeery anyone can claim
> just about anything they like.

Such action is illegal.

>>> How long before you get banned
>>> from BleepingComputer?
>>
>> For what reason? I've been a member since Windows XP days!
>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/u/804172/brawdy14/
>
> So,

I follow the rules as best as I am able and have done so for nearly 30
years.

>>> Why are so you hell-bent on being on ASC anyway?
>>
>> You've got that arse-about-face! Why do some folk there wish to keep me OUT?
>
> Why do you think they want to keep you out. ?
>
>> I know I've touched a nerve there. I suspect that some folk there are up to no
>> good.
>
> But with no proof

That's the difficult part!
>> *HOW* do the Apple ASC forum moderators KNOW that I have been banned when I
>> try to sign-in using my 'real' Apple ID?
>> There has to be a mechanism of some sort!
>
> Yep and telling someone might mean they find away around it.

I had not considered that aspect, Dave.

>> It's not simply cookies - so HOW do they know?
>>
>>> STILL wanting to stalk the usual folks?
>>
>> There is no question of stalking and there never has been.

Can YOU vouch for EtreCheck?

Have you run it yet on any of your available Macs?

--
David

Re: Do YOU know the answers?

<9AadnZrtS-qvekX4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20968&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#20968

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:42:58 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:42 UTC

On Feb 22, 2024 at 7:20:09 AM EST, "whisky-dave" <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Agreed in theory.
> But as I tell my students practice and theory are differnt.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in
practice there IS a difference."