From: peterf@gmail.com (Peter James)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Menue box now numbered
Date: 19 Mar 2024 08:06:45 GMT
 by: Peter James - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 08:06 UTC

I was checking system settings to make sure that Bluetooth was enabled and I
must have clicked the wrong menu item. The result is if I right click any item
the menu box is shown with each item in it numbered.
This begs the question of why? And what are the benefits?

Pff
--
The address shown on this posting is false. If you need to contact me then wirte to:
peterATpfjamesDOTcoDOTuk

Re: Menue box now numbered

<utco3k$1080f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21246&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#21246

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Menue box now numbered
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:12:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:u34y9cxtDhQY2gVYlpCVZur3qJg=
 by: Chris - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:12 UTC

Peter James <peterf@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was checking system settings to make sure that Bluetooth was enabled and I
> must have clicked the wrong menu item. The result is if I right click any item
> the menu box is shown with each item in it numbered.
> This begs the question of why? And what are the benefits?

I suspect this is an accessibility feature to help people who use screen
readers and the like to navigate menu options. Check your settings under
accessibility.

Re: Menue box now numbered

<l625kuFoh7uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21262&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#21262

From: peterf@gmail.com (Peter James)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 21 Mar 2024 07:24:14 GMT
 by: Peter James - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 07:24 UTC

On 19 Mar 2024 at 19:12:52 GMT, "Chris" <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter James <peterf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was checking system settings to make sure that Bluetooth was enabled and I
>> must have clicked the wrong menu item. The result is if I right click any item
>> the menu box is shown with each item in it numbered.
>> This begs the question of why? And what are the benefits?
>
> I suspect this is an accessibility feature to help people who use screen
> readers and the like to navigate menu options. Check your settings under
> accessibility.

Thank you, that cured it.
Pff