From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Our Future Health
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:30:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:rS8NKROfbDLZYUWpo2km5vTKkq0=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:30 UTC

In case you haven’t already but would care to help with this NHS sponsored
project, here is an explanatory video to entertain you a little.

https://youtu.be/KSMHArVoBZo?si=RHOYurLifPHRfmFn

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Our Future Health

<t5R8NCvXMk1lFwAC@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21828&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21828

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:38:15 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Our Future Health
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:38 UTC

In message <ur5bvd$39cus$1@dont-email.me> at Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:30:21,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes

>In case you haven’t already but would care to help with this NHS sponsored
>project, here is an explanatory video to entertain you a little.
>
>https://youtu.be/KSMHArVoBZo?si=RHOYurLifPHRfmFn

I would care to help, but I must say I agree with the last two of the
(only 8) comments on the video - one of the most uninformative I've seen
for a long time!

Register at ourfuturehealth.org.uk . So I'm on that page ... "Let’s
prevent disease together". Scroll down a screenful ... "Learn more about
joining Our Future Health". Scroll down _another_ screenful ... "Learn
more about taking part". And another ... and another! Finally, something
I can actually click on to participate - and even that looks as if it's
going to be Hard Work.

I'm persevering, because I'm used to having to do so with the blood
people (I'm in the middle of about a week-long correspondence with them
over whether I can start giving again now I'm off insulin). But I can
see many possible participants giving up before this point!

Whoops - I've just tried to click on the things on the fifth screenful
down that I thought were going to actually let me get started - and they
aren't links!

I finally got to the bottom of the page - didn't see anything. Scrolling
back, I now see a tiny link right at the top "Join". Trying that ... OK,
lots more guff ... ah, finally (I hope!), four screenfuls down - a
"Start now" button. Ah yes, this looks like a form, at last.

For those wanting to skip: https://study.ourfuturehealth.org.uk/register

"The wish of the lazy to allow unsupervised access [to the internet] to their
children should not reduce all adults browsing to the level of suitability for a
five-year-old." Yaman Akdeniz, quoted in Inter//face (The Times, 1999-2-10): p12

Re: Our Future Health

<RddzEZ1lWm1lFwld@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21833&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21833

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:05:41 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:05 UTC

In message <t5R8NCvXMk1lFwAC@255soft.uk> at Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:38:15,
J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> writes
[]
>I finally got to the bottom of the page - didn't see anything.
>Scrolling back, I now see a tiny link right at the top "Join". Trying
>that ... OK, lots more guff ... ah, finally (I hope!), four screenfuls
>down - a "Start now" button. Ah yes, this looks like a form, at last.
>
>For those wanting to skip: https://study.ourfuturehealth.org.uk/register

I spoke too soon. I filled in the form, and went through about five
pages it wanted me to read, finally getting to one with a "submit
application" or similar button at the bottom - but the top of that final
page said something like "Please read document XYZ, and the questions on
this page". But "document XYZ" was _not_ a link, so I couldn't read it.
I've told them that.

In the pages I worked through, there was a sentence I wasn't happy with;
I was going to go ahead anyway. I also found I couldn't go back to find
that sentence. I saw they had two email addresses - support@, and
concerns@. I tried to email the second one about the dubious sentence
(also telling them I could only tell them the sentence as best I could
remember it from memory, since I couldn't go back to copy it verbatim);
my email to the concerns@ address bounced! (My email to the support@
address - about the inaccessible document - generated an automatic
response, so that at least I think works.)

When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.