From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Man's room destroyed after five cows break in and sit on his sofa
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:17:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8RaN9K3RIjAY39KkfppBEBt161k=
 by: Chris - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:17 UTC

To add insult to injury, he’d reared them from five weeks old. TA related,
they’re Herefords

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/mans-room-destroyed-after-five-28658603#

Mrs McT

Re: Man's room destroyed after five cows break in and sit on his sofa

<lwau$Ig+2+0lFwpW@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21803&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21803

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:09:34 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:09 UTC

In message <ur02fj$1vroo$1@dont-email.me> at Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:17:39,
Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
>To add insult to injury, he’d reared them from five weeks old. TA related,
>they’re Herefords
>
>https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/mans-room-destroyed-after-fiv
>e-28658603#
>
>Mrs McT

Ouch!

Maybe when they were littler, he let them on the sofa, and they didn't
realise they'd grown ...

My Grandma had a very small lady friend, who raised an Alsatian from a
puppy - which when fully grown, still used to sit on her lap. Completely
hiding her: it was as "soft as claggy taffy", not at all the nature one
normally associates with the breed! (Apologies if I've told that
before.)

/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
X AGAINST HTML EMAIL
/ \ AND POSTINGS

Re: Man's room destroyed after five cows break in and sit on his sofa

<-E6dnbrvLIoZ60n4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21807&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21807

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:53:09 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: kosmo@whitnet.uk (kosmo)
 by: kosmo - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:53 UTC

On 20.2.24 00:09, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <ur02fj$1vroo$1@dont-email.me> at Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:17:39,
> Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
>> To add insult to injury, he’d reared them from five weeks old.  TA
>> related,
>> they’re Herefords
>>
>> https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/mans-room-destroyed-after-fiv
>> e-28658603#
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> Ouch!
>
> Maybe when they were littler, he let them on the sofa, and they didn't
> realise they'd grown ...
>
> My Grandma had a very small lady friend, who raised an Alsatian from a
> puppy - which when fully grown, still used to sit on her lap. Completely
> hiding her: it was as "soft as claggy taffy", not at all the nature one
> normally associates with the breed! (Apologies if I've told that before.)

When we were dog sitting one visitor was a working cocker spaniel -
which he was treated when he was at home. When he came to us he was on
holiday and decided at times I was his personal sofa - something he
would never do at home!

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Man's room destroyed after five cows break in and sit on his sofa

<urfnpl$1u7e8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21889&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21889

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:53:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:VnYdihv2BXEGY1flCcaNniuV9qg=
 by: Chris - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:53 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <ur02fj$1vroo$1@dont-email.me> at Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:17:39,
> Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
>> To add insult to injury, he’d reared them from five weeks old. TA related,
>> they’re Herefords
>>
>> https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/mans-room-destroyed-after-fiv
>> e-28658603#
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> Ouch!
>
> Maybe when they were littler, he let them on the sofa, and they didn't
> realise they'd grown ...
>
> My Grandma had a very small lady friend, who raised an Alsatian from a
> puppy - which when fully grown, still used to sit on her lap. Completely
> hiding her: it was as "soft as claggy taffy", not at all the nature one
> normally associates with the breed! (Apologies if I've told that
> before.)

One if my girlfriends has a husky cross with a labrador. What you see is a
pure huskie. First time he met me he was over a year old. Why he
considered I was his long lost human we will never know. He all but
knocked me down at first, till we got a technique where I squeezed myself
into a corner of the kitchen to withstand his weight. If I sat down, he
put his paws on me, brought his toys and I had to play. He sat outside the
loo and *howled* till I came out, refused to let me upstairs until hauled
away. Wouldn’t walk on his lead unless I walked ahead - he then almost
pulled my girlfriend over. When I went into a local shopping centre that
didn’t allow pet dogs, he *howled* till I returned. My friend had to
account for his behaviour.

The following year he’d mellowed - but still tried to sit on my lap. He
could only get his front paws on me!

Last time I saw him, he wasn’t over bothered. Not been to stay with him
post covid yet as his human has moved house and been working on it.

Mrs McT