"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may work."

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Spoiler 4th March 2024Nick Odell
+* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Vicky
|`* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Chris
| +* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024kosmo
| |`* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024BrritSki
| | +- Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024J. P. Gilliver
| | `- Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Mike McMillan
| `* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024nick
|  `* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Mike McMillan
|   `* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Rosie Mitchell
|    `- Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Sam Plusnet
`* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Rosie Mitchell
 `* Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Sam Plusnet
  `- Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024Rosie Mitchell

1
Spoiler 4th March 2024

<eqhcuit7qga6ulr4fgs79c3s3dcc5c1vki@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22052&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22052

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Spoiler 4th March 2024
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 22:26:31 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:26 UTC

Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!

Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?

It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
that?

All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
one hundred and twenty seven... Go!

Nick

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<45jcuitv9iaru381guir3p4nqo6hm54v3c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22053&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22053

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 22:35:28 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:35 UTC

On Mon, 04 Mar 2024 22:26:31 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>
>Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>
>It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
>meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
>that?
>
>All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
>Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
>make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
>in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
>one hundred and twenty seven... Go!
>

>Nick
I had to check who they were. It wasn't very sexy, ok, but did we want
another shower scene? Fallon and Harrison was better, I thought. I
hope all will be well for them. I care more about them than about
Snappy and 'er.

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<us74ff$3p2rt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22062&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22062

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:50:55 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MvJqRKXRqe+E4fbtXkm7OG3MZDQ=
 by: Chris - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:50 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Mar 2024 22:26:31 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>>
>> Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>>
>> It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
>> meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
>> that?
>>
>> All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
>> Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
>> make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
>> in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
>> one hundred and twenty seven... Go!
>>

>> Nick
> I had to check who they were. It wasn't very sexy, ok, but did we want
> another shower scene? Fallon and Harrison was better, I thought. I
> hope all will be well for them. I care more about them than about
> Snappy and 'er.

I was trying to remember how long it is since St S told him to push off, my
brain refuses to remember.

If they shack up together, where? Snappy moved in with Jim. Denise would
have to wait until she’s officially divorced John to get her hands on dash
to buy somewhere. If they move in together what properties are there left
in Ambridge? Stella struggled to find something.

Mrs McT

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<yYGdndeMUK2Bi3r4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22063&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22063

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:54:54 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: kosmo@whitnet.uk (kosmo)
 by: kosmo - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:54 UTC

On 5.3.24 12:50, Chris wrote:
> If they move in together what properties are there left
> in Ambridge? Stella struggled to find something.

Nightingale Farm presumably still exists, people in the new builds
presumably come and go - and not just the ex Bridge Farm land but the
other locations. And the Gills might sell up as well as the people in
the place where Brian was living before he moved.

And what about Carol Toboggan?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<l4oj5tF2sn3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22064&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22064

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:57:34 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:57 UTC

On 05/03/2024 12:54, kosmo wrote:
> On 5.3.24 12:50, Chris wrote:
>> If they move in together what properties are there left
>> in Ambridge?  Stella struggled to find something.
>
> Nightingale Farm presumably still exists, people in the new builds
> presumably come and go - and not just the ex Bridge Farm land but the
> other locations.  And the Gills might sell up as well as the people in
> the place where Brian was living before he moved.
>
> And what about Carol Toboggan?

She's going downhill fast.

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<uSAs$9QaEy5lFwC9@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22066&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22066

From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 13:41:46 +0000
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 13:41 UTC

In message <l4oj5tF2sn3U2@mid.individual.net> at Tue, 5 Mar 2024
12:57:34, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> writes
>On 05/03/2024 12:54, kosmo wrote:
[]
>> And what about Carol Toboggan?
>>
>She's going downhill fast.

LOL! Thanks.

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<us7an6$3qai7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22067&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22067

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:37:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XCnA5HY2d3COFnvOeTKT7BF3KsA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:37 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/03/2024 12:54, kosmo wrote:
>> On 5.3.24 12:50, Chris wrote:
>>> If they move in together what properties are there left
>>> in Ambridge?  Stella struggled to find something.
>>
>> Nightingale Farm presumably still exists, people in the new builds
>> presumably come and go - and not just the ex Bridge Farm land but the
>> other locations.  And the Gills might sell up as well as the people in
>> the place where Brian was living before he moved.
>>
>> And what about Carol Toboggan?
>>
> She's going downhill fast.

Is she related to Sister Sledge?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<88dc1f490655e47504f4ce0e1febe5d5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22072&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22072

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (nick)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:36:45 +0000
 by: nick - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:36 UTC

Chris wrote:

> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2024 22:26:31 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>>>
>>> Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>>>
>>> It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
>>> meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
>>> that?
>>>
>>> All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
>>> Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
>>> make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
>>> in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
>>> one hundred and twenty seven... Go!
>>>

>>> Nick
>> I had to check who they were. It wasn't very sexy, ok, but did we want
>> another shower scene? Fallon and Harrison was better, I thought. I
>> hope all will be well for them. I care more about them than about
>> Snappy and 'er.
>>

> I was trying to remember how long it is since St S told him to push off, my
> brain refuses to remember.

> If they shack up together, where? Snappy moved in with Jim. Denise would
> have to wait until she’s officially divorced John to get her hands on dash
> to buy somewhere. If they move in together what properties are there left
> in Ambridge? Stella struggled to find something.

There could always be a spare apartment in the seven-storey block that
they built right next to No.1 The Green.

What's that you are saying? The scriptwriters haven't mentioned 1A The Green
yet?

They will... They will.

Nick

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<87plw75zfm.fsf@milou>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22074&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22074

From: rcmitchell@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 12:15:25 +0000
sha1:QSB8riJ8U+jSGRre3e3S4NKFmL0=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 12:15 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:

> Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>
> Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>
> It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
> meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
> that?
>
> All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
> Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
> make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
> in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
> one hundred and twenty seven... Go!

Curiously, I've been listening again lately.

When I heard that scene I couldn't help being reminded of Tony Curtis
and Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot. Not the same at all of course,
but similarly farcical (not in a bad way). I expected Alistair to say
he'd got a funny experience in his toes, like somebody was ba\rbecuing
them over the fire.

I wonder if he shrinks when he's marinated?

Rosie

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<usaa8i$hrtc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22078&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22078

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 17:48:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8WRhbCUhbJcwEN5zA0VezPfktcg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 17:48 UTC

nick <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I had to check who they were. It wasn't very sexy, ok, but did we want
>>> another shower scene? Fallon and Harrison was better, I thought. I
>>> hope all will be well for them. I care more about them than about
>>> Snappy and 'er.
>>>

>> I was trying to remember how long it is since St S told him to push off, my
>> brain refuses to remember.
>
>> If they shack up together, where? Snappy moved in with Jim. Denise would
>> have to wait until she’s officially divorced John to get her hands on dash
>> to buy somewhere. If they move in together what properties are there left
>> in Ambridge? Stella struggled to find something.
>
> There could always be a spare apartment in the seven-storey block that
> they built right next to No.1 The Green.
>
> What's that you are saying? The scriptwriters haven't mentioned 1A The Green
> yet?
>
> They will... They will.
>
> Nick

Then there’s Gay Grables with n+1 rooms…

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<87zfvbb4vt.fsf@milou>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22079&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22079

From: rcmitchell@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:18:46 +0000
sha1:u8S8gc91Tvn5cQZXcTpLW2ndrzs=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:18 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes:

> nick <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Chris wrote:

>>> I was trying to remember how long it is since St S told him to push off, my
>>> brain refuses to remember.
>>
>>> If they shack up together, where? Snappy moved in with Jim. Denise would
>>> have to wait until she’s officially divorced John to get her hands on dash
>>> to buy somewhere. If they move in together what properties are there left
>>> in Ambridge? Stella struggled to find something.
>>
>> There could always be a spare apartment in the seven-storey block that
>> they built right next to No.1 The Green.
>>
>> What's that you are saying? The scriptwriters haven't mentioned 1A The Green
>> yet?
>>
>> They will... They will.
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Then there’s Gay Grables with n+1 rooms…

Has it been bought out by the Hilbert Corporation?

Rosie

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<yx3GN.52739$bIG8.22537@fx04.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22080&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22080

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:32:45 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:32 UTC

On 06-Mar-24 18:18, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes:
>
>> nick <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>>> There could always be a spare apartment in the seven-storey block that
>>> they built right next to No.1 The Green.
>>>
>>> What's that you are saying? The scriptwriters haven't mentioned 1A The Green
>>> yet?
>>>
>>> They will... They will.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>

>> Then there’s Gay Grables with n+1 rooms…
>
> Has it been bought out by the Hilbert Corporation?

Don't ya just hate it when find out you've been pre-plagiarised?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<Py3GN.52740$bIG8.9607@fx04.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22081&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22081

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:34:05 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:34 UTC

On 06-Mar-24 12:15, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:
>
>> Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>>
>> Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>>
>> It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
>> meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
>> that?
>>
>> All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
>> Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
>> make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
>> in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
>> one hundred and twenty seven... Go!
>
> Curiously, I've been listening again lately.
>
> When I heard that scene I couldn't help being reminded of Tony Curtis
> and Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot. Not the same at all of course,
> but similarly farcical (not in a bad way). I expected Alistair to say
> he'd got a funny experience in his toes, like somebody was ba\rbecuing
> them over the fire.
>
> I wonder if he shrinks when he's marinated?

?? A sea-going vet?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Spoiler 4th March 2024

<87v85zb133.fsf@milou>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22082&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22082

From: rcmitchell@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 19:40:48 +0000
sha1:j8HTqclEHrEZTvBbt+yUKyoKfew=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:40 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> writes:

> On 06-Mar-24 12:15, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
>> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:
>>
>>> Cut! Cut! CUT!!!!
>>>
>>> Michael, darling, your heart really isn't in it today, is it love?
>>>
>>> It's these line, Mel, it's these boodily lines. How on earth am I
>>> meant to say them with even a shred of authenticity, just tell me
>>> that?
>>>
>>> All I can say is that's what Jezzer wants from you and that's what
>>> Katie has written for you and now it's your job to work your magic and
>>> make the lines sing. So... Studio? Let's have Michael and Clare back
>>> in front of the microphones and.. From the top of page three.. Take
>>> one hundred and twenty seven... Go!
>> Curiously, I've been listening again lately.
>> When I heard that scene I couldn't help being reminded of Tony
>> Curtis
>> and Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot. Not the same at all of course,
>> but similarly farcical (not in a bad way). I expected Alistair to say
>> he'd got a funny experience in his toes, like somebody was ba\rbecuing
>> them over the fire.
>> I wonder if he shrinks when he's marinated?
>
> ?? A sea-going vet?

Just borrowing somebody else's boat for the evening.

Rosie