God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through. -- Paul Valery

aus+uk / aus.tv / Re: The Coronation on TV.

SubjectAuthor
* The Coronation on TV.Peter Jason
`* The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
 +* The Coronation on TV.Peter Jason
 |`- The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
 `* The Coronation on TV.Trevor Wilson
  `* The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
   `* The Coronation on TV.Trevor Wilson
    +* The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
    |`* The Coronation on TV.Peter Jason
    | +- The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
    | +- The Coronation on TV.Yosemite Sam
    | `* The Coronation on TV.Computer Nerd Kev
    |  `* The Coronation on TV.Yosemite Sam
    |   `- The Coronation on TV.Computer Nerd Kev
    `* The Coronation on TV.jonz
     `* The Coronation on TV.Peter Jason
      `* The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
       `* The Coronation on TV.Ozix
        +- The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed
        `- The Coronation on TV.Rod Speed

1
The Coronation on TV.

<le4g5i97jmms4kds43fdjlrsgo6ms5t5hn@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=211&group=aus.tv#211

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Subject: The Coronation on TV.
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 07:28:59 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 7 May 2023 21:28 UTC

Very well done. And a sure candidate for a PVR. It's hard to
overestimate the effect of wide-screen 1080HD LED TVs showing this
sort of thing, and the progress in high dynamic range (HDR) video
cameras, and audio, and all the subsequent detail the gawking tourist
will never see.
Of course with the PVR the interminable marching scenes of soldiery
regiments could be truncated to tolerable levels.
I'm a sucker for pageantry, fashion and music and only found fault
with the experimental music squeezed out of the choirs, made up for
with the Handel anthem, and especially the one by William Boyce,
magnificently performed and clearly enjoyed by the choir judging by
facial expressions and general animations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Boyce_(composer)
Fashion wise the ladies put on a good show except those with
flying-saucer hats. Clearly, he crowns were too big for the heads of
king & queen and looked ridiculous therefore. Overall a jolly good
show, and one hopes a DVD is forthcoming in the future.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.14ljqrztbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=212&group=aus.tv#212

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Subject: Re: The Coronation on TV.
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 09:05:05 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 7 May 2023 23:05 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> Very well done.

Never watch shit like that anymore.

Apparantly cost more than $200M, stupid fucks.

> And a sure candidate for a PVR. It's hard to
> overestimate the effect of wide-screen 1080HD LED TVs showing this
> sort of thing, and the progress in high dynamic range (HDR) video
> cameras, and audio, and all the subsequent detail the gawking tourist
> will never see.

> Of course with the PVR the interminable marching scenes of soldiery
> regiments could be truncated to tolerable levels.
> I'm a sucker for pageantry, fashion and music and only found fault
> with the experimental music squeezed out of the choirs, made up for
> with the Handel anthem, and especially the one by William Boyce,
> magnificently performed and clearly enjoyed by the choir judging by
> facial expressions and general animations.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Boyce_(composer)

> Fashion wise the ladies put on a good show except those with
> flying-saucer hats. Clearly, he crowns were too big for the heads of
> king & queen and looked ridiculous therefore. Overall a jolly good
> show, and one hopes a DVD is forthcoming in the future.

That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<rhkg5ip9r1rrap2mj6llqrpckfgj5v9b5k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=213&group=aus.tv#213

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 11:47:15 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Mon, 8 May 2023 01:47 UTC

On Mon, 08 May 2023 09:05:05 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> Very well done.
>
>Never watch shit like that anymore.

....uh, clearly there are no TVs in porcine mud wallows!

>Apparantly cost more than $200M, stupid fucks.

So? The looming budget here will squander that and much more by doling
out taxpayers' money to the professional unemployed, the
dollar-stretched breeding pairs in their MacHouses, and a subsidy to
the power users, all while the whole Eastern Oz sits on an ocean of
coal of varying ranks!

>> And a sure candidate for a PVR. It's hard to
>> overestimate the effect of wide-screen 1080HD LED TVs showing this
>> sort of thing, and the progress in high dynamic range (HDR) video
>> cameras, and audio, and all the subsequent detail the gawking tourist
>> will never see.
>
>> Of course with the PVR the interminable marching scenes of soldiery
>> regiments could be truncated to tolerable levels.
>> I'm a sucker for pageantry, fashion and music and only found fault
>> with the experimental music squeezed out of the choirs, made up for
>> with the Handel anthem, and especially the one by William Boyce,
>> magnificently performed and clearly enjoyed by the choir judging by
>> facial expressions and general animations.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Boyce_(composer)
>
>> Fashion wise the ladies put on a good show except those with
>> flying-saucer hats. Clearly, he crowns were too big for the heads of
>> king & queen and looked ridiculous therefore. Overall a jolly good
>> show, and one hopes a DVD is forthcoming in the future.
>
>That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
>the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.

Oh, how RUDE! The Russkis are still paying for that abominable crime.
Like the French Revolution the Russian one all ended up with the same
system, only with different names, faces and fashions.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.14msqywabyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=214&group=aus.tv#214

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 01:17:12 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 May 2023 15:17 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Very well done.

>> Never watch shit like that anymore.

> ...uh, clearly there are no TVs in porcine mud wallows!

Fraid so. Not that I am ever actually stupid enough
to watch any live TV anymore. The most I ever
watch now is the election eve count, sometimes.

>> Apparantly cost more than $200M, stupid fucks.

More than £200M in fact.

> So?

Much better things for the poms to spend that much money on.

> The looming budget here

Irrelevant to what the poms have just pissed against the wall.

> will squander that and much more by doling
> out taxpayers' money to the professional unemployed, the
> dollar-stretched breeding pairs in their MacHouses, and a subsidy to
> the power users, all while the whole Eastern Oz sits on an ocean of
> coal of varying ranks!

Looks like it will be a surplus for the first time in 15 years.

And fuck all for the bludging parasites.

>>> And a sure candidate for a PVR. It's hard to
>>> overestimate the effect of wide-screen 1080HD LED TVs showing this
>>> sort of thing, and the progress in high dynamic range (HDR) video
>>> cameras, and audio, and all the subsequent detail the gawking tourist
>>> will never see.

>>> Of course with the PVR the interminable marching scenes of soldiery
>>> regiments could be truncated to tolerable levels.
>>> I'm a sucker for pageantry, fashion and music and only found fault
>>> with the experimental music squeezed out of the choirs, made up for
>>> with the Handel anthem, and especially the one by William Boyce,
>>> magnificently performed and clearly enjoyed by the choir judging by
>>> facial expressions and general animations.
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Boyce_(composer)

>>> Fashion wise the ladies put on a good show except those with
>>> flying-saucer hats. Clearly, he crowns were too big for the heads of
>>> king & queen and looked ridiculous therefore. Overall a jolly good
>>> show, and one hopes a DVD is forthcoming in the future.

>> That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
>> the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.

> Oh, how RUDE! The Russkis are still paying for that abominable crime.
> Like the French Revolution the Russian one all ended up with the same
> system, only with different names, faces and fashions.

Bullshit.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<kbtb83FaberU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=215&group=aus.tv#215

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 08:26:10 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 8 May 2023 22:26 UTC

On 8/05/2023 9:05 am, Rod Speed wrote:

> That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
> the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.

**Uh-huh. And just how did things get better for Russians?

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.14oqt2qfbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=217&group=aus.tv#217

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 02:31:04 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 May 2023 16:31 UTC

Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
>> the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.

> Uh-huh. And just how did things get better for Russians?

They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
and were no longer involved in WW1

Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
that wasnt as bad for them as WW1

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<kbvmhbFlefuU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=218&group=aus.tv#218

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 05:51:08 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Tue, 9 May 2023 19:51 UTC

On 10/05/2023 2:31 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>
>>> That was the only thing the russians ever got right, shot
>>> the lot and tossed the corpses down a disussed well.
>
>> Uh-huh. And just how did things get better for Russians?
>
> They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
> and were no longer involved in WW1
>
> Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
> that wasnt as bad for them as WW1

**The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
fodder for Stalin and others. It was a case of out of the frying pan and
into the fire for many Russians. The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot.
The Commies were, arguably, worse.

Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case. Like the Japanese
Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively destroyed and re-built.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.14o2qkuwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=219&group=aus.tv#219

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 06:48:10 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 May 2023 20:48 UTC

Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Uh-huh. And just how did things get better for Russians?

>> They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
>> and were no longer involved in WW1

>> Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
>> that wasnt as bad for them as WW1

> The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
> fodder for Stalin and others.

That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
about the only thing the russians ever got right.

> It was a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire for many
> Russians.

That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
about the only thing the russians ever got right.

> The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot. The Commies were, arguably, worse.

That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
about the only thing the russians ever got right.

> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case.

It wasnt a basket case industrially between the wars.

> Like the Japanese Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively
> destroyed and re-built.

The west tried that post Gorby and the russians
completely fucked that up all over again.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<bbll5i112m2qgijhe0jko6lb07krupa4da@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=220&group=aus.tv#220

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 09:23:50 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 9 May 2023 23:23 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 06:48:10 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote

>>> They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
>>> and were no longer involved in WW1
>
>>> Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
>>> that wasnt as bad for them as WW1
>
>> The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
>> fodder for Stalin and others.
>
>That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>
>> It was a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire for many
>> Russians.
>
>That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>
>> The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot. The Commies were, arguably, worse.
>
>That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>
>> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case.
>
>It wasnt a basket case industrially between the wars.
>
>> Like the Japanese Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively
>> destroyed and re-built.

Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation? Was it a good show, or what?

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.14pf00ezbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=221&group=aus.tv#221

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 11:35:14 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 10 May 2023 01:35 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 09:23:50 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2023 06:48:10 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
>>> fodder for Stalin and others.
>>
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> It was a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire for many
>>> Russians.
>>
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot. The Commies were, arguably,
>>> worse.
>>
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case.
>>
>> It wasnt a basket case industrially between the wars.
>>
>>> Like the Japanese Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively
>>> destroyed and re-built.

> Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation?

The poms should shoot all those royal parasites
and toss the corpses down some disused well too.

> Was it a good show, or what?

Nope, complete waste of £250M. Fortunately is the pom's money.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<kc2lanF4klvU7@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=222&group=aus.tv#222

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 08:48:55 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 10 May 2023 22:48 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2023 06:48:10 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
>>> fodder for Stalin and others.
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> It was a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire for many
>>> Russians.
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot. The Commies were, arguably, worse.
>> That's why I said that shooting the Romanovs was
>> about the only thing the russians ever got right.
>>
>>> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case.
>> It wasnt a basket case industrially between the wars.
>>
>>> Like the Japanese Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively
>>> destroyed and re-built.
> Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation? Was it a good show, or what?

yes it was.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<645c274f@news.ausics.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=223&group=aus.tv#223

From: not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: 11 May 2023 09:22:56 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Wed, 10 May 2023 23:22 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation? Was it a good show, or what?

I liked it, and so far as cost goes I got more entertainment from
it than I'll ever get from a football stadium in Tassie set to cost
much more than it did.

I didn't like the ABC turning it into a platform for aboriginals to
ramble on and on to an audience that's obviously not tuning in for
that, but I only lasted 5min of that before I turned it off and
waited for things to really start. It was much better once they
switched over to the BBC service.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<kc2o8mF5am8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=224&group=aus.tv#224

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 09:39:02 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 10 May 2023 23:39 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>> Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation? Was it a good show, or what?
> I liked it, and so far as cost goes I got more entertainment from
> it than I'll ever get from a football stadium in Tassie set to cost
> much more than it did.
>
> I didn't like the ABC turning it into a platform for aboriginals to
> ramble on and on to an audience that's obviously not tuning in for
> that, but I only lasted 5min of that before I turned it off and
> waited for things to really start. It was much better once they
> switched over to the BBC service.

why didn't you watch on channel seven? or whatever your commercial tv
station is.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<645c6278@news.ausics.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=225&group=aus.tv#225

From: not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: 11 May 2023 13:35:20 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Thu, 11 May 2023 03:35 UTC

Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
> Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>>> Hey! Whaddabout the Coronation? Was it a good show, or what?
>> I liked it, and so far as cost goes I got more entertainment from
>> it than I'll ever get from a football stadium in Tassie set to cost
>> much more than it did.
>>
>> I didn't like the ABC turning it into a platform for aboriginals to
>> ramble on and on to an audience that's obviously not tuning in for
>> that, but I only lasted 5min of that before I turned it off and
>> waited for things to really start. It was much better once they
>> switched over to the BBC service.
>
> why didn't you watch on channel seven?

And have them try to advertise to me? No thanks. Anyway the ABC
switched over to the BBC coverage once things really started, so it
was just a case of tuning in at the right time.

> or whatever your commercial tv station is.

I try to avoid all of them - too many ads.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<9b1b61b7-dd21-4127-81b3-3ef9d5c6d22bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=229&group=aus.tv#229

Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhinton7@gmail.com (jonz)
 by: jonz - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 02:50 UTC

On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 05:51:12 UTC+10, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 10/05/2023 2:31 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> > Trevor Wilson <tre...@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
> >> Rod Speed wrote

> >> Uh-huh. And just how did things get better for Russians?
> >
> > They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
> > and were no longer involved in WW1
> >
> > Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
> > that wasnt as bad for them as WW1
> **The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
> fodder for Stalin and others. It was a case of out of the frying pan and
> into the fire for many Russians. The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot.
> The Commies were, arguably, worse.
>
> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case. Like the Japanese
> Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively destroyed and re-built.
> --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cannon Fodder?, Gallipoli anyone?..

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<kpjc8iherbqs841ma65pmcjhoms25m3n2s@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=230&group=aus.tv#230

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:50:00 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 22:50 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:50:16 -0700 (PDT), jonz
<johnhhhinton7@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 05:51:12 UTC+10, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 10/05/2023 2:31 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> > Trevor Wilson <tre...@rageaudio.com.au> wrote

>> > They got one hell of a boost in industrialisation
>> > and were no longer involved in WW1
>> >
>> > Sure, they also had a full civil war, but
>> > that wasnt as bad for them as WW1
>> **The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
>> fodder for Stalin and others. It was a case of out of the frying pan and
>> into the fire for many Russians. The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot.
>> The Commies were, arguably, worse.
>>
>> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case. Like the Japanese
>> Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively destroyed and re-built.
>> --
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Cannon Fodder?, Gallipoli anyone?..
Given there was no conscription here, one wonders what sort of
grooming went on to get the Anzacs to go there and die in droves.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.16ep5nttbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=231&group=aus.tv#231

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:47:37 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:47 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:50:00 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:50:16 -0700 (PDT), jonz
> <johnhhhinton7@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> **The entire Russian population was starved, killed and used as cannon
>>> fodder for Stalin and others. It was a case of out of the frying pan
>>> and
>>> into the fire for many Russians. The Russian Tsars were a horrible lot.
>>> The Commies were, arguably, worse.
>>>
>>> Either way, Russia was and still is, a basket case. Like the Japanese
>>> Imperialists, Russia needs to be comprehensively destroyed and
>>> re-built.
>>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Cannon Fodder?, Gallipoli anyone?..

> Given there was no conscription here, one wonders what sort of
> grooming went on to get the Anzacs to go there and die in droves.

No grooming involved. With some it was just a opportunity for some
adventure and for others they were monstered into volunteering by
mostly women who sent them white feathers if they didnt etc.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<6487f91d$1@news.ausics.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=232&group=aus.tv#232

Newsgroups: aus.tv
From: ozix@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 13:05:33 +0800
 by: Ozix - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 05:05 UTC

Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:50:00 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>

>> Given there was no conscription here, one wonders what sort of
>> grooming went on to get the Anzacs to go there and die in droves.
>
> No grooming involved. With some it was just a opportunity for some
> adventure and for others they were monstered into volunteering by
> mostly women who sent them white feathers if they didnt etc.

I have seen a collection of WWI posters, some of them were pretty
insidious suggesting young men were selfish layabouts if they didn't go
to the trenches. Besides that it was a different Australia. Many people
would have had a British grandparent, or the bloke across the road was
British. So those people were easily persuaded to do their duty.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.16jd7jlrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=233&group=aus.tv#233

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 02:17:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 16:17 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Given there was no conscription here, one wonders what sort of
>>> grooming went on to get the Anzacs to go there and die in droves.

>> No grooming involved. With some it was just a opportunity for some
>> adventure and for others they were monstered into volunteering by
>> mostly women who sent them white feathers if they didnt etc.

> I have seen a collection of WWI posters, some of them were pretty
> insidious suggesting young men were selfish layabouts if they didn't go
> to the trenches.

Sure, but that's not grooming.

> Besides that it was a different Australia. Many people would have had a
> British grandparent, or the bloke across the road was British. So those
> people were easily persuaded to do their duty.

Not that easily with plenty of them.

Re: The Coronation on TV.

<op.16sr4bfibyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=234&group=aus.tv#234

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 03:56:25 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 17:56 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Given there was no conscription here, one wonders what sort of
>>> grooming went on to get the Anzacs to go there and die in droves.

>> No grooming involved. With some it was just a opportunity for some
>> adventure and for others they were monstered into volunteering by
>> mostly women who sent them white feathers if they didnt etc.

> I have seen a collection of WWI posters, some of them were pretty
> insidious suggesting young men were selfish layabouts if they didn't go
> to the trenches.

That's not GROOMING.

> Besides that it was a different Australia. Many people would have had a
> British grandparent,

Or parent. But Britain was not actually attacked.

> or the bloke across the road was British. So those people were easily
> persuaded to do their duty.

Still not GROOMING.