From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Distribution of audio content
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:01:35 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 08:01 UTC

I just posted about the shocking quality of spoken radio on DAB on another
group, but have noticed that some of the stations that also have fm or am
outlets, increasingly are sounding just as bad, and wondered if the problem
was grotty studio output or maybe they are using dab as the distribution
medium? The internet feeds for talk based radio do seem pretty low, so its
hard to say where the issue starts from. I would say that I'm not alone in
finding stations with gritty sounding speech fatiguing to actually listen to
for more than a few minutes, and wondered if it actually does upset
something in the brain that causes this?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Distribution of audio content

<pAu5uABWGeFlFwiy@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2246&group=uk.rec.audio#2246

From: tony@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Re: Distribution of audio content
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 21:27:02 +0100
 by: tony sayer - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:27 UTC

In article <uf3bt3$3jgpb$1@dont-email.me>, Brian Gaff
<brian1gaff@gmail.com> scribeth thus
> I just posted about the shocking quality of spoken radio on DAB on another
>group, but have noticed that some of the stations that also have fm or am
>outlets, increasingly are sounding just as bad, and wondered if the problem
>was grotty studio output or maybe they are using dab as the distribution
>medium? The internet feeds for talk based radio do seem pretty low, so its
>hard to say where the issue starts from. I would say that I'm not alone in
>finding stations with gritty sounding speech fatiguing to actually listen to
>for more than a few minutes, and wondered if it actually does upset
>something in the brain that causes this?
> Brian

Amy particular stations Brian?, I do note that such as BBC radio 4 and
the world service do use dodgy Internet connections for interviews and
contributions do you mean that as such?..

--
Tony Sayer

Re: Distribution of audio content

<uf69fv$7soc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2247&group=uk.rec.audio#2247

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:38:51 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:38 UTC

Talk Radio is one case in point, indeed the same naff sound is on the talk
TV outlet as well. Many of the minority groups stations sound like that to
me. I've lost track of them all since there are so many. Premier radio when
they have their bible bashing preacher on. Maybe its me but that station
seems to be living in some alternate universe to the rest of us, and can be
quit hilarious due to their naivety, but that is a whole other discussion.
Brian

--

--: