If I have to lay an egg for my country, I'll do it. -- Bob Hope

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 24th to 29th March 2024carolet
`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 24th to 29th March 2024Vicky
 `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Serena Blanchflower
  `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024J. P. Gilliver
   +* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Serena Blanchflower
   |+- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Chris
   |`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Vicky
   | `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Serena Blanchflower
   `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024Chris

1
Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 24th to 29th March 2024

<utige3$2c4dh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22407&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22407

From: carolet.umrat@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Radio_Times/BBC_Credits_and_Spoilers_–_24th_to_29
th_March_2024
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:38:44 +0000
 by: carolet - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:38 UTC

Cast :
Jolene Archer - Buffy Davis
Kenton Archer - Richard Attlee
Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Chris Carter - Wilf Scolding
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
George Grundy - Angus Stobie
Jakob Hakansson - Paul Venables
Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
Hannah Riley - Helen Longworth
Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Michael Bertenshaw

Writer : Daniel Thurman
Director : Marina Caldarone
Editor : Jeremy Howe

Spoilers:
Sunday 24th - Kenton hatches a plan, while the Snell’s come to an agreement.
Monday 25th - Jolene makes a statement, and Jakob has serious news to
impart.
Tuesday 26th - George finds himself in trouble, and Freddie causes mischief.
Wednesday 27th - Emma is forced to get involved, and Kenton fears the
consequences of recent events.
Thursday 28th - Tensions mount at the cricket practice, and Robert has
an idea.
Friday 29th - The pressure increases on Jolene, and Hannah is put on the
spot.

--
CaroleT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 24th to 29th March 2024

<u63rvihv61pqkjhlqcp485jn2eanlafve3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22416&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22416

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ??? 24th to 29th March 2024
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:00:42 +0000
 by: Vicky - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:00 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:38:44 +0000, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
>Cast :
>Jolene Archer - Buffy Davis
>Kenton Archer - Richard Attlee
>Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
>Chris Carter - Wilf Scolding
>Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
>George Grundy - Angus Stobie
>Jakob Hakansson - Paul Venables
>Brad Horrobin - Taylor Uttley
>Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
>Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
>Hannah Riley - Helen Longworth
>Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
>Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
>Robert Snell - Michael Bertenshaw
>
>Writer : Daniel Thurman
>Director : Marina Caldarone
>Editor : Jeremy Howe

>Spoilers:
>Sunday 24th - Kenton hatches a plan, while the Snell’s come to an agreement.

I wonder if Kenton is ok now? Not yet, I think. I broke my arm in
October and am still not 100%. I did more driving to day with 3 point
turns and parking and was ok. But am wobbly walking. If Kenton needs
careful handling Jolene will still be nervous.

I expect, as has been suggested elsewhere, the Snells will share the
post.

>Monday 25th - Jolene makes a statement, and Jakob has serious news to

DJolene unburden herself to Harrison? I hope so.Jakob sees sense and
takes Kate's key away.
>impart.
>Tuesday 26th - George finds himself in trouble, and Freddie causes mischief.
George does not manage to prove Bartleby is olsest pony and he bet on
it. I hope Freddie is ok. I want things to be ok for him.

>Wednesday 27th - Emma is forced to get involved, and Kenton fears the
>consequences of recent events.

Emma supports Chris? Kenton finds out about the dog owner etc.

>Thursday 28th - Tensions mount at the cricket practice, and Robert has
>an idea.
Oh dear, Lynda, who knows nothing about cricket, bosses people like
Tracy did last year and they quit. Robert gets her to ask Oliver about
sponsorship;

>Friday 29th - The pressure increases on Jolene, and Hannah is put on the
>spot.
I hope the dog owner lot are caught and imprisoned. Hannah has her one
to one with Chris. Emma gives her a talking to and says don't you dare
upset my brother. He's had enough hassle from Alice.

>?

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22417&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22417

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43 UTC

On 22/03/2024 14:00, Vicky wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:38:44 +0000, carolet<carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Spoilers:
>> Sunday 24th - Kenton hatches a plan, while the Snell’s come to an agreement.

> I wonder if Kenton is ok now? Not yet, I think. I broke my arm in
> October and am still not 100%. I did more driving to day with 3 point
> turns and parking and was ok. But am wobbly walking. If Kenton needs
> careful handling Jolene will still be nervous.

Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
you, wasn't 100% yet. I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the day.

> I expect, as has been suggested elsewhere, the Snells will share the
> post.

That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be chair
of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.

[1] I can't remember for certain who asked whom about it but I *think*
it was Chris who asked Tracey about him, in a bid to change the subject,
after Tracey made it clear she thought she should have been invited to
be vice-captain.
--
Best wishes, Serena
Live adventurously. When choices arise, do you take the way that offers

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<QjJUax3JKc$lFwWU@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22425&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22425

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:40:25 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:40 UTC

In message <utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39,
Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
[]
>Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
>doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
>you, wasn't 100% yet. I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
>upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the day.

But presumably can now manage the stairs, which he couldn't initially,
hence the stay in the Snells' accessible facility.

>> I expect, as has been suggested elsewhere, the Snells will share the
>> post.
>
>That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be chair
>of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.

Except Linda did seem rather taken with the idea of being chair! Though
that was before she heard Robert had been considering it too.

The new Robert seems OK - I did notice (or thought I did; I'll look
silly if they're still using recordings of the old Robert) the
difference, but an acceptable replacement.
[]

Veni, Vidi, Video (I came, I saw, I'll watch it again later) - Mik from S+AS
Limited (mik@saslimited.demon.co.uk), 1998

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<utm8ug$3hvlp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22444&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22444

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:55:28 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:55 UTC

On 22/03/2024 17:40, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39,
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
> []
>> Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
>> doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
>> you, wasn't 100% yet.  I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
>> upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the
>> day.
>>
> But presumably can now manage the stairs, which he couldn't initially,
> hence the stay in the Snells' accessible facility.

Yes, he only had to stay there for a few days, until he'd had some
physio and been taught how to manage the stairs.

>>> I expect, as has been suggested elsewhere, the Snells will share the
>>> post.
>>
>> That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be
>> chair of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.
>>
> Except Linda did seem rather taken with the idea of being chair! Though
> that was before she heard Robert had been considering it too.

I think she's sufficiently keen that Robert has something of his own to
engross him that she won't push to share the role.

> The new Robert seems OK - I did notice (or thought I did; I'll look
> silly if they're still using recordings of the old Robert) the
> difference, but an acceptable replacement.
> []

It's definitely the new Robert and I agree that he seems OK. I did
enjoy Lynda's comments in his first scene about him not being his usual
self that morning.
--
Best wishes, Serena
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<utmi3t$3krfg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22455&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22455

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:31:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+0toX5bwnCq24Ax/Nro92US6EnM=
 by: Chris - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:31 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39,
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
> []
>> Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
>> doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
>> you, wasn't 100% yet. I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
>> upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the day.
>>
> But presumably can now manage the stairs, which he couldn't initially,
> hence the stay in the Snells' accessible facility.
>>
>>> I expect, as has been suggested elsewhere, the Snells will share the
>>> post.
>>
>> That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be chair
>> of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.
>>
> Except Linda did seem rather taken with the idea of being chair! Though
> that was before she heard Robert had been considering it too.
>
> The new Robert seems OK - I did notice (or thought I did; I'll look
> silly if they're still using recordings of the old Robert) the
> difference, but an acceptable replacement.
> []

He was very nervous in the first epi - a silly plot line if ever there was
- but my ears have tuned into him already I think.

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<utmidi$3ktba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22457&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22457

From: chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:JxbPPsfeRr0TDdekWl78UHt2mrY=
 by: Chris - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:37 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 17:40, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39,
>> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>> []
>>> Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
>>> doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
>>> you, wasn't 100% yet.  I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
>>> upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the
>>> day.
>>>
>> But presumably can now manage the stairs, which he couldn't initially,
>> hence the stay in the Snells' accessible facility.
>
> Yes, he only had to stay there for a few days, until he'd had some
> physio and been taught how to manage the stairs.

>>> That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be
>>> chair of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.
>>>
>> Except Linda did seem rather taken with the idea of being chair! Though
>> that was before she heard Robert had been considering it too.
>
> I think she's sufficiently keen that Robert has something of his own to
> engross him that she won't push to share the role.
>

>> The new Robert seems OK - I did notice (or thought I did; I'll look
>> silly if they're still using recordings of the old Robert) the
>> difference, but an acceptable replacement.
>> []
>
> It's definitely the new Robert and I agree that he seems OK. I did
> enjoy Lynda's comments in his first scene about him not being his usual
> self that morning.

Clever writing.

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<heqtvip55797a6mkkafgodtubreq748rpg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22459&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22459

From: vicky.ayech@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:41:01 +0000
 by: Vicky - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:41 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:55:28 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
<nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>On 22/03/2024 17:40, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <utk5es$2qcrp$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:43:39,
>> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> writes
>> []
>>> Someone, I think it was Chris[1], asked Tracey (IIRC), how Kenton was
>>> doing, the other day, and she said he was still recovering but, like
>>> you, wasn't 100% yet.  I think that, at the time, he'd just gone back
>>> upstairs, which sounded as if he still needed the odd rest during the
>>> day.
>>>
>> But presumably can now manage the stairs, which he couldn't initially,
>> hence the stay in the Snells' accessible facility.
>
>Yes, he only had to stay there for a few days, until he'd had some
>physio and been taught how to manage the stairs.

>>> That's possible, but I think it's more likely that Robert will be
>>> chair of the Cricket Club, while Lynda will take up painting.
>>>
>> Except Linda did seem rather taken with the idea of being chair! Though
>> that was before she heard Robert had been considering it too.
>
>I think she's sufficiently keen that Robert has something of his own to
>engross him that she won't push to share the role.
But will she manage him when he's got it? Preview spoilers seem to
indicate this.

>> The new Robert seems OK - I did notice (or thought I did; I'll look
>> silly if they're still using recordings of the old Robert) the
>> difference, but an acceptable replacement.
>> []
>
>It's definitely the new Robert and I agree that he seems OK. I did
>enjoy Lynda's comments in his first scene about him not being his usual
>self that morning.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers 24th to 29th March 2024

<utn0tq$3hvlp$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22470&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22470

From: nospam@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:44:42 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:44 UTC

On 23/03/2024 14:41, Vicky wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:55:28 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
> <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>> I think she's sufficiently keen that Robert has something of his own to
>> engross him that she won't push to share the role.
> But will she manage him when he's got it? Preview spoilers seem to
> indicate this.

Undoubtedly. This is Lynda that we're talking about, after all. She'll
be convinced that it's nothing to do with her but that won't be how it
seems to anyone else.

--
Best wishes, Serena
One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having