[We] use bad software and bad machines for the wrong things. -- R. W. Hamming

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

SubjectAuthor
* OT. New Tesla PowerwallBrritSki
+* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|`* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
| `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallBrritSki
|  `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|   `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallIain Archer
|    +- Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwalljohn ashby
|    `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|     `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|      `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallClive Arthur
|       `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|        `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallJ. P. Gilliver
|         `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallClive Arthur
|          `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|           `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallPaul Herber
|            +- Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|            `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallNick Odell
|             `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallRosie Mitchell
|              `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallBrritSki
|               `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallWenlock
|                `* Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
|                 `- Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallMike McMillan
`- Re: OT. New Tesla PowerwallJ. P. Gilliver

1
OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<l6l90vFng5jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22637&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22637

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: OT. New Tesla Powerwall
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:18:24 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:18 UTC

The first couple of weeks with the Tesla PowerWall 2 battery have gone
well and after some initial teething problems with understanding which
tariff I was on and unnecessarily filling up the battery at cheap rate,
for the last week we have used very little grid power and have been
almost 100% self-sufficient for electricity. But we can do better !

We won’t be switched to the favourable Octopus Flux export rate for
another few weeks yet, but when we do we will start selling back to the
grid at the most favourable early evening time slot. I need to maximise
revenue from this new setup and to do that I believe the best way is to
have the battery full at 4PM (when the top rate of 29.90p/kWh starts on
Flux) and sell everything in the battery plus any additional solar
generation during the 4-7PM period.

So how to achieve the “full at 4” goal ? My original idea was that you
would plan ahead so that you used as much solar as possible and only
filled up at the previous night cheap rate what you weren’t going to get
from the sun. But on reflection this is wrong. Apart from anything else
it is hard to get the forecast right – today was supposed to be
miserable here for example but has been fine. It is in fact best to
*always* fill up the battery at the cheap rate overnight. This costs
17.53p. If you then get a lot of solar during the day you can sell that
at 18.22p, so you actually gain a very small amount of money this way
and there is no downside from inaccurate forecasting.

This does mean of course that any power we use once the battery is empty
will be from the grid, but we don’t usually use much in the evenings as
we usually cook our main meal at lunchtime and don’t use appliances
late. And even if we do use grid power, it is still a smidge better to
sell a kWh at 29.90p and then buy it back at 29.22p, so we are not
losing overall. Anything our panels do generate after 7 can be used by
us if needed for additional saving, or will charge battery if not, but
again it makes very little difference if we charge the battery or sell
back to the grid and recharge overnight– the rates are the same.

This is so counter-intuitive that I didn’t believe it at first. But I
think it is the best approach for us and should give us a revenue of
approx. £1K/year according to my latest analysis so ROI for the battery
will be 8 years at current prices. It is of course no coincidence that
these sell/buy prices are virtually identical for the different
band/times as I think that my approach is exactly what the planners want
us to do – store electricity when it is most abundant overnight and
release it when most needed at 4-7PM.

This may not be the most “green” approach, but since the UK is not at
100% capacity for renewables and won't be any time soon except for very
short periods, providing “carbon” free electricity to the grid at any
time is a good thing.

Of course this is all academic if the tariffs change and/or we everyone
goes to variable rate pricing which I think is effectively what
McToodles is on with Agile and which he exploits to his considerable
advantage. If/when that happens I’ll recalibrate.

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu433v$3ln96$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22643&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22643

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:41:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:enCzKiqiCH2pNeat6WkVtLiDpYM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:41 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> will be 8 years at current prices. It is of course no coincidence that
> these sell/buy prices are virtually identical for the different
> band/times as I think that my approach is exactly what the planners want
> us to do – store electricity when it is most abundant overnight and
> release it when most needed at 4-7PM.
>
> This may not be the most “green” approach, but since the UK is not at
> 100% capacity for renewables and won't be any time soon except for very
> short periods, providing “carbon” free electricity to the grid at any
> time is a good thing.
>
> Of course this is all academic if the tariffs change and/or we everyone
> goes to variable rate pricing which I think is effectively what
> McToodles is on with Agile and which he exploits to his considerable
> advantage. If/when that happens I’ll recalibrate.

Yeap, Quick summary: I buy clean cheap energy and sell it back, still clean
but higher priced energy!

Longer explanation:
We are high consumption electricity users particularly in winter - air
source heat pump, electric water heating, all electric cooking and lighting
and we do like our technology!. To this end, we have insulated very well,
use LED lighting throughout, have an air fryer (had to get it in
somewhere!😉!), an induction hob and combination microwave cookers and a
heat pump tumble dryer.

With energy storage for 27 kW/hours, we charge this when Agile is at its’
greenest/cheapest, usually in the early hours and this will enable us to be
‘off grid’ during the more expensive hours most of the day. With Agile, we
might pay 12-14 pence per kW/h occasionally but more often than not, we pay
about half this amount per unit - sometimes much less - and sometimes, the
National Grid requests that we take some energy off their pylons and pay us
a few pence per unit to do it. (I really like helping them in this way!!!)

During the day, we occasionally experience a break in the clouds and are
blessed with some sun so our solar PV panels produce anything between 0.5
and 6 kWp. or more that we may consume or if not required for our own
needs, send up the pylons at a rate of 15 pence per unit (day or night -
the same rate applies).
Allowing for ‘round trip losses’ to charge then discharge to / from the
Tesla Powerwall of 10%, I reckon that if I can buy for no more than say 12
pence per unit and then sell during the UK’s hours of need in the early
evening at 15 pence, I can do the UK and our bank balance a great favour!!!

Of course, this is not my only reason for us investing in all the solar and
storage kit; we have experienced power failures in the past and being
totally electric, are at the mercy of the grid to keep warm, cook and eat,
enjoy using our tech and even listening to Radio’s 3 and 4, buying our
energy at a more reasonable rate and putting less strain on the grid during
stress times also appeals to us greatly!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu43ra$3lt4t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22644&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22644

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:54:18 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:TIhQsDte3WSO10UOoifdoUg73jU=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:54 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> [...]
> needs, send up the pylons at a rate of 15 pence per unit (day or night -
> the same rate applies).
> Allowing for ‘round trip losses’ to charge then discharge to / from the
> Tesla Powerwall of 10%, I reckon that if I can buy for no more than say 12
> pence per unit and then sell during the UK’s hours of need in the early
> evening at 15 pence, I can do the UK and our bank balance a great favour!!!
>
> Of course, this is not my only reason for us investing in all the solar and
> storage kit; we have experienced power failures in the past and being
> totally electric, are at the mercy of the grid to keep warm, cook and eat,
> enjoy using our tech and even listening to Radio’s 3 and 4, buying our
> energy at a more reasonable rate and putting less strain on the grid during
> stress times also appeals to us greatly!

As to expected production:
Our PV rig is rated @ 8.1 kW peak, actual production in real lif in cloudy
Earley varies betweem 0.5 and perhaps a peak of approx. 7 kW. I did once
see 7.3 kWp for a few minutes! During a British summer, we might expect to
see 250 - 300 kW/h in a sunny week. Since the panels were commissioned in
late August 2022, we have clocked up just over 10.7 MegaWatt/h. Now at 15
pence a unit - you can ‘do the math’ and see it is worthwhile!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<YhyptWqMdbBmFw6y@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22657&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22657

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:30:36 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:30 UTC

In message <l6l90vFng5jU1@mid.individual.net> at Thu, 28 Mar 2024
13:18:24, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> writes
[]
>better to sell a kWh at 29.90p and then buy it back at 29.22p, so we
>are not losing overall. Anything our panels do generate after 7 can be
[]
That's ignoring the charge/discharge ratio which Mike is reckoning at
about 10%, but still, sounds like you're on a good scheme there.

I don't think I could use sellback, as a park home owner, but I could
still I think fit panels and a battery to reduce my consumption. Whether
I ever will, I'm not sure.

There should be a place on the ballot paper for 'None of the above', and if
enough people filled that in, the system might start to change. - Jeremy
Paxman in RT, 2014/1/25-31

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<l6ns6gF47mvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22678&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22678

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 12:57:53 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 12:57 UTC

On 28/03/2024 15:54, Mike McMillan wrote:

> As to expected production:
> Our PV rig is rated @ 8.1 kW peak, actual production in real lif in cloudy
> Earley varies betweem 0.5 and perhaps a peak of approx. 7 kW.

Our system is rated at 3.68kW maximum output and we reached a maximum on
many days last summer where the actual reading was 3.679 e.g. on 27/5
where we reached the peak at 12.45 and it lasted until 15.30. Remember
we are on a SW facing pitched rook (stone the crows, TWATBILI) with no
shadowing except in the late evening in summer.

The panels can produce more than that of course and are capable of
4.62kW. Difficult to say how much we are losing from degradation (if
any, guarantee on Panasonic panels is 25 years) after 5 years and/or
dirt on the panels (but very wet spring will have helped clean them),
but there's plenty of slack there and max. efficiency would only extend
the generation peaks a little earlier and later.

As to charge/discharge losses mentioned in the other reply, I'd only
calculated the income from emptying the batteries 4-7PM at 12kWh rather
than the full capacity of 13.2 and all the other estimates were on the
low side, so I think the calcs are fairly accurate.

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu6t3e$do2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22695&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22695

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:17:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6o6hfXFZ6S8APd1aqAFtXvCy7xQ=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:17 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/03/2024 15:54, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>
>> As to expected production:
>> Our PV rig is rated @ 8.1 kW peak, actual production in real lif in cloudy
>> Earley varies betweem 0.5 and perhaps a peak of approx. 7 kW.
>
> Our system is rated at 3.68kW maximum output and we reached a maximum on
> many days last summer where the actual reading was 3.679 e.g. on 27/5
> where we reached the peak at 12.45 and it lasted until 15.30. Remember
> we are on a SW facing pitched rook (stone the crows, TWATBILI) with no
> shadowing except in the late evening in summer.
>
> The panels can produce more than that of course and are capable of
> 4.62kW. Difficult to say how much we are losing from degradation (if
> any, guarantee on Panasonic panels is 25 years) after 5 years and/or
> dirt on the panels (but very wet spring will have helped clean them),
> but there's plenty of slack there and max. efficiency would only extend
> the generation peaks a little earlier and later.
>
> As to charge/discharge losses mentioned in the other reply, I'd only
> calculated the income from emptying the batteries 4-7PM at 12kWh rather
> than the full capacity of 13.2 and all the other estimates were on the
> low side, so I think the calcs are fairly accurate.

My installer submitted a G99 application to our DNO (SSEN) and we are able
to export something over 13 kWp to the grid. The Powerwall will export
10kW/h and with some contribution from the PV panels shows more than 13 kWp
at times - the rest may be being used around the house to power the basic
domestic load, perhaps the heat pump when only ticking over at 300-400
watts and with the MyEnergi Eddi diverting any more surplus to heat the
Domestic Hot Water system (Sunamp Thermino eP210 in case anyRat is
interested)

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu7h6a$i9ho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22704&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22704

From: ianews@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 23:00:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 23:00 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:17:35 +0000, Mike McMillan wrote:

> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 28/03/2024 15:54, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>>
>>> As to expected production:
>>> Our PV rig is rated @ 8.1 kW peak, actual production in real lif in
>>> cloudy Earley varies betweem 0.5 and perhaps a peak of approx. 7 kW.
>>
>> Our system is rated at 3.68kW maximum output and we reached a maximum
>> on many days last summer where the actual reading was 3.679 e.g. on
>> 27/5 where we reached the peak at 12.45 and it lasted until 15.30.
>> Remember we are on a SW facing pitched rook (stone the crows, TWATBILI)
>> with no shadowing except in the late evening in summer.
>>
>> The panels can produce more than that of course and are capable of
>> 4.62kW. Difficult to say how much we are losing from degradation (if
>> any, guarantee on Panasonic panels is 25 years) after 5 years and/or
>> dirt on the panels (but very wet spring will have helped clean them),
>> but there's plenty of slack there and max. efficiency would only extend
>> the generation peaks a little earlier and later.
>>
>> As to charge/discharge losses mentioned in the other reply, I'd only
>> calculated the income from emptying the batteries 4-7PM at 12kWh rather
>> than the full capacity of 13.2 and all the other estimates were on the
>> low side, so I think the calcs are fairly accurate.
>>

> My installer submitted a G99 application to our DNO (SSEN) and we are
> able to export something over 13 kWp to the grid. The Powerwall will
> export 10kW/h and with some contribution from the PV panels shows more
> than 13 kWp at times - the rest may be being used around the house to
> power the basic domestic load, perhaps the heat pump when only ticking
> over at 300-400 watts and with the MyEnergi Eddi diverting any more
> surplus to heat the Domestic Hot Water system (Sunamp Thermino eP210 in
> case anyRat is interested)

What is a kWp please? I can usually interpret garbled unit names, but kWp
has me beat.

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu8fu0$sbn0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22706&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22706

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (john ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 07:45:04 +0000
 by: john ashby - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 07:45 UTC

On 29/03/2024 23:00, Iain Archer wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:17:35 +0000, Mike McMillan wrote:
>
>> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Our system is rated at 3.68kW maximum output and we reached a maximum
>>> on many days last summer where the actual reading was 3.679 e.g. on
>>> 27/5 where we reached the peak at 12.45 and it lasted until 15.30.
>>> Remember we are on a SW facing pitched rook (stone the crows, TWATBILI)
>>> with no shadowing except in the late evening in summer.
>>>
>>> The panels can produce more than that of course and are capable of
>>> 4.62kW. Difficult to say how much we are losing from degradation (if
>>> any, guarantee on Panasonic panels is 25 years) after 5 years and/or
>>> dirt on the panels (but very wet spring will have helped clean them),
>>> but there's plenty of slack there and max. efficiency would only extend
>>> the generation peaks a little earlier and later.
>>>
>>> As to charge/discharge losses mentioned in the other reply, I'd only
>>> calculated the income from emptying the batteries 4-7PM at 12kWh rather
>>> than the full capacity of 13.2 and all the other estimates were on the
>>> low side, so I think the calcs are fairly accurate.
>>>

>> My installer submitted a G99 application to our DNO (SSEN) and we are
>> able to export something over 13 kWp to the grid. The Powerwall will
>> export 10kW/h and with some contribution from the PV panels shows more
>> than 13 kWp at times - the rest may be being used around the house to
>> power the basic domestic load, perhaps the heat pump when only ticking
>> over at 300-400 watts and with the MyEnergi Eddi diverting any more
>> surplus to heat the Domestic Hot Water system (Sunamp Thermino eP210 in
>> case anyRat is interested)
>
> What is a kWp please? I can usually interpret garbled unit names, but kWp
> has me beat.

I would guess peak kilowattage but I might be white and fluffy.

john

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu8kr5$tfp4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22707&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22707

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:08:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ug9eIcg3o9A5XgklATRHZJckpnE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:08 UTC

Iain Archer <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:17:35 +0000, Mike McMillan wrote:
>
>> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Our system is rated at 3.68kW maximum output and we reached a maximum
>>> on many days last summer where the actual reading was 3.679 e.g. on
>>> 27/5 where we reached the peak at 12.45 and it lasted until 15.30.
>>> Remember we are on a SW facing pitched rook (stone the crows, TWATBILI)
>>> with no shadowing except in the late evening in summer.
>>>
>>> The panels can produce more than that of course and are capable of
>>> 4.62kW. Difficult to say how much we are losing from degradation (if
>>> any, guarantee on Panasonic panels is 25 years) after 5 years and/or
>>> dirt on the panels (but very wet spring will have helped clean them),
>>> but there's plenty of slack there and max. efficiency would only extend
>>> the generation peaks a little earlier and later.
>>>
>>> As to charge/discharge losses mentioned in the other reply, I'd only
>>> calculated the income from emptying the batteries 4-7PM at 12kWh rather
>>> than the full capacity of 13.2 and all the other estimates were on the
>>> low side, so I think the calcs are fairly accurate.
>>>

>> My installer submitted a G99 application to our DNO (SSEN) and we are
>> able to export something over 13 kWp to the grid. The Powerwall will
>> export 10kW/h and with some contribution from the PV panels shows more
>> than 13 kWp at times - the rest may be being used around the house to
>> power the basic domestic load, perhaps the heat pump when only ticking
>> over at 300-400 watts and with the MyEnergi Eddi diverting any more
>> surplus to heat the Domestic Hot Water system (Sunamp Thermino eP210 in
>> case anyRat is interested)
>
> What is a kWp please? I can usually interpret garbled unit names, but kWp
> has me beat.

It is a measure of power flow; it stands for Peak, the output from a panel
is specified in this way to indicate the peak level of power that may be
obtained from the unit when exposed to sunlight or artificial light
providing the equivalent of 1kW per square metre in an environment at 25
degrees (I think!) ambient. The realistic output of the panel will normally
be rather less than this and may produce between 20 - 23% efficiency. Most
panels these days may vary in form factor slightly but usually have an area
of approx. 2 sq. metres and produce ~400 - 440 Wp. There is room for
efficiency increases and various formulations are being tried out to
improve this including the use of Peroskite; at present, though this
material shows improvements in the region of ~44% efficiency or more, the
lifespan is measured in days of exposure or at best a month or so.
Development continues in many countries and China holds the record for the
greatest percentage of world production - though some countries are no too
happy about this situation, China produces the greatest amount of solar
energy but also burns the worlds greatest amount of fossil fuels still.
Oh sorry, I rambled on a bit there didn’t I. TMI!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu8l07$thp7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22708&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22708

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:11:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qH3Yzx5EjFDzoXJNLWTUdBd2w3w=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:11 UTC

Sorry! *Perovskite*.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu8toj$veui$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22709&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22709

From: clive@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 11:41:06 +0000
 by: Clive Arthur - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 11:41 UTC

On 30/03/2024 09:11, Mike McMillan wrote:

<snip>

> Sorry! *Perovskite*.

Bless you.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22712&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22712

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hFaCgie/FSDQRUDKlK6ulmGdRps=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16 UTC

Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30/03/2024 09:11, Mike McMillan wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Sorry! *Perovskite*.
>>
> Bless you.

So Kind! But what is really at issue (gedd it?) today is how is the solar
PV generation going - I’m glad you ask! Today has been the best day so far
this year and at the moment of writing this twaddle, we have clocked up a
production of 29.9 kW/h and exported some 29.3 kW/h of that; I feel
confident in stating that as there is probably best part of another hour
of useful solar production time left today, we will exceed 30 kW/h today.
😊

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22713&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22713

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:50:39 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:50 UTC

In message <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> at Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16:09,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 30/03/2024 09:11, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Sorry! *Perovskite*.
>>>
>> Bless you.

(-:

>So Kind! But what is really at issue (gedd it?) today is how is the solar
>PV generation going - I’m glad you ask! Today has been the best day so far
>this year and at the moment of writing this twaddle, we have clocked up a
>production of 29.9 kW/h and exported some 29.3 kW/h of that; I feel
>confident in stating that as there is probably best part of another hour
>of useful solar production time left today, we will exceed 30 kW/h today.
>?

I'd say kWh, not kW/h. (It's a multiply, not a divide.)

Electricians do it 'till it Hz.

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22714&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22714

From: clive@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:36:44 +0000
 by: Clive Arthur - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:36 UTC

On 30/03/2024 19:50, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> In message <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> at Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16:09,
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>> Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>>> On 30/03/2024 09:11, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Bless you.
>>>
> (-:
>>
>> So Kind! But what is really at issue (gedd it?) today is how is the solar
>> PV generation going - I’m glad you ask! Today has been the best day so
>> far
>> this year and at the moment of writing this twaddle, we have clocked up a
>> production of 29.9 kW/h and exported some 29.3 kW/h of that; I feel
>> confident in stating that as there  is probably best part of another hour
>> of useful solar production time left today, we will exceed 30 kW/h today.
>> ?
>>
> I'd say kWh, not kW/h. (It's a multiply, not a divide.)

Wot he rote.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22718&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22718

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC)
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>
<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:Dm0EGuBI+daWpcxW/2wAX8vPJ1Q=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04 UTC

Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30/03/2024 19:50, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> In message <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> at Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16:09,
>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes

>> (-:
>>>
>>> So Kind! But what is really at issue (gedd it?) today is how is the solar
>>> PV generation going - I’m glad you ask! Today has been the best day so
>>> far
>>> this year and at the moment of writing this twaddle, we have clocked up a
>>> production of 29.9 kW/h and exported some 29.3 kW/h of that; I feel
>>> confident in stating that as there  is probably best part of another hour
>>> of useful solar production time left today, we will exceed 30 kW/h today.
>>> ?
>>>
>> I'd say kWh, not kW/h. (It's a multiply, not a divide.)
>
> Wot he rote.

Yes, sorry, my mistake, Mega Culpa!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22721&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22721

From: paul@paulherber.co.uk (Paul Herber)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 12:53:10 +0100
References: <l6l90vFng5jU1@mid.individual.net> <uu433v$3ln96$1@dont-email.me> <uu43ra$3lt4t$1@dont-email.me> <l6ns6gF47mvU1@mid.individual.net> <uu6t3e$do2n$1@dont-email.me> <uu7h6a$i9ho$1@dont-email.me> <uu8kr5$tfp4$1@dont-email.me> <uu8l07$thp7$1@dont-email.me> <uu8toj$veui$1@dont-email.me> <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> <IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk> <uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me> <uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Paul Herber - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 11:53 UTC

On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com>
wrote:

>Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 30/03/2024 19:50, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> In message <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> at Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:16:09,
>>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes

>>> (-:

>>> I'd say kWh, not kW/h. (It's a multiply, not a divide.)
>>
>> Wot he rote.
>>

>Yes, sorry, my mistake, Mega Culpa!

Tera-ble

--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uubn0m$1q3u9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22722&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22722

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 13:04:22 -0000 (UTC)
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>
<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
sha1:IJumKuw9bvguN/LyJ1HngOuVaig=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 13:04 UTC

Paul Herber <paul@paulherber.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Wot he rote.
>>>

>> Yes, sorry, my mistake, Mega Culpa!
>
> Tera-ble

Be a Peta, Byte that one off will you?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<nklj0jt55hvals37j9b7ub6rn4b4td9r5b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22723&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22723

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 22:33:48 +0100
References: <l6l90vFng5jU1@mid.individual.net> <uu433v$3ln96$1@dont-email.me> <uu43ra$3lt4t$1@dont-email.me> <l6ns6gF47mvU1@mid.individual.net> <uu6t3e$do2n$1@dont-email.me> <uu7h6a$i9ho$1@dont-email.me> <uu8kr5$tfp4$1@dont-email.me> <uu8l07$thp7$1@dont-email.me> <uu8toj$veui$1@dont-email.me> <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me> <IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk> <uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me> <uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me> <7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:33 UTC

On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 12:53:10 +0100, Paul Herber
<paul@paulherber.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Wot he rote.
>>>

>>Yes, sorry, my mistake, Mega Culpa!
>
>Tera-ble

But at least it gave us a Giga-l

Nick

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<875xx2yq1h.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22725&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22725

From: rcmitchell@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 23:50:18 +0100
sha1:ravIClfBOfBJy/l1SziT0CZ0ig0=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 22:50 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:

> On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 12:53:10 +0100, Paul Herber
> <paul@paulherber.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Yes, sorry, my mistake, Mega Culpa!
>>
>>Tera-ble
>
> But at least it gave us a Giga-l

That was the pico the bunch, which isn't saying a lot. Or am I being too
Quecto respond to these things?

Rosie

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<l6v730F82s6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22727&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22727

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 08:46:40 +0100
<uu43ra$3lt4t$1@dont-email.me> <l6ns6gF47mvU1@mid.individual.net>
<uu6t3e$do2n$1@dont-email.me> <uu7h6a$i9ho$1@dont-email.me>
<uu8kr5$tfp4$1@dont-email.me> <uu8l07$thp7$1@dont-email.me>
<uu8toj$veui$1@dont-email.me> <uu9hcp$149ta$1@dont-email.me>
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk> <uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
<nklj0jt55hvals37j9b7ub6rn4b4td9r5b@4ax.com>
<875xx2yq1h.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>
 by: BrritSki - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 07:46 UTC

On 31/03/2024 23:50, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 12:53:10 +0100, Paul Herber
>> <paul@paulherber.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com>

>>> Tera-ble
>>
>> But at least it gave us a Giga-l
>
> That was the pico the bunch, which isn't saying a lot. Or am I being too
> Quecto respond to these things?

I think you can all do b-etta.

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uuhjul$3cdiu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22749&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22749

From: wenlock.house@googlemail.com (Wenlock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 18:48:54 -0000 (UTC)
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>
<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
<nklj0jt55hvals37j9b7ub6rn4b4td9r5b@4ax.com>
<875xx2yq1h.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>
<l6v730F82s6U1@mid.individual.net>
sha1:YLm4zs0QOzDRIWqsrTzr67fGogU=
 by: Wenlock - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 18:48 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/03/2024 23:50, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
>> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> writes:

>>> But at least it gave us a Giga-l
>>
>> That was the pico the bunch, which isn't saying a lot. Or am I being too
>> Quecto respond to these things?
>>
> I think you can all do b-etta.

Yotta yotta yotta…

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uuj2jc$3q6bt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22755&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22755

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:05:00 -0000 (UTC)
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>
<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
<nklj0jt55hvals37j9b7ub6rn4b4td9r5b@4ax.com>
<875xx2yq1h.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>
<l6v730F82s6U1@mid.individual.net>
<uuhjul$3cdiu$2@dont-email.me>
sha1:MLkfkHr+gZqY5rgPL9wjA+/BEfM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:05 UTC

Wenlock <wenlock.house@googlemail.com> wrote:
> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That was the pico the bunch, which isn't saying a lot. Or am I being too
>>> Quecto respond to these things?
>>>
>> I think you can all do b-etta.
>>

> Yotta yotta yotta…

ITYM Volt ova, quite a Blast Ma!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT. New Tesla Powerwall

<uuj2lt$3q6rb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22756&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22756

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:06:21 -0000 (UTC)
<IFxtUyNP0GCmFwSU@255soft.uk>
<uua45u$18oae$1@dont-email.me>
<uub5dt$1jefu$1@dont-email.me>
<7iji0jd7dtjs3ftsrief57nk7088c5o544@news.eternal-september.org>
<nklj0jt55hvals37j9b7ub6rn4b4td9r5b@4ax.com>
<875xx2yq1h.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>
<l6v730F82s6U1@mid.individual.net>
<uuhjul$3cdiu$2@dont-email.me>
<uuj2jc$3q6bt$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:VVzk58JOZoPMCUmO7oXOI3lumlE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:06 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Wenlock <wenlock.house@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think you can all do b-etta.