Democracy is the name we give the people whenever we need them. -- Arman de Caillavet, 1913

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Boodly Onaxf

SubjectAuthor
* Boodly OnaxfAdrian
+* Re: Boodly OnaxfJohn Williamson
|`* Re: Boodly OnaxfAdrian
| +* Re: Boodly OnaxfSam Plusnet
| |`- Re: Boodly OnaxfTease'n'Seize
| `- Re: Boodly OnaxfRichard Robinson
+* Re: Boodly OnaxfTone
|`* Re: Boodly OnaxfNicholas D. Richards
| `- Re: Boodly OnaxfAdrian
`- Re: Boodly OnaxfBrian Gaff

1
Boodly Onaxf

<ysjdueLHhArkFwX+@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24102&group=uk.rec.sheds#24102

From: bulleid@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Boodly Onaxf
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:31:51 +0100
 by: Adrian - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 13:31 UTC

Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
vagrerfg. Oh goody thought I.

This morning, I called in and asked to be moved. I was somewhat
surprised (perhaps naively) to be told that I would have to make an
appointment with someone at another branch, some 90 furlongs away, to do
so as they no longer have anyone at my local branch who can do so ("left
in January, won't be replaced"). I reckon that the pbfg of going to the
other branch (fuel and fish boating) will comfortably exceed the benefit
of making the change. I concluded that it is all part of a phfgbzre
elimination drive, so I suspect that my small stash of groats they look
after will soon be moving home.

According to their adverts on the haunted goldfish bowl, their ohfvarff
is a people thing. I'm now trying to jbex out how to square that
particular circle.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<kh2go1F4165U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24103&group=uk.rec.sheds#24103

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Boodly Onaxf
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:52:01 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 13:52 UTC

On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
> vagrerfg. Oh goody thought I.
>
> This morning, I called in and asked to be moved. I was somewhat
> surprised (perhaps naively) to be told that I would have to make an
> appointment with someone at another branch, some 90 furlongs away, to do
> so as they no longer have anyone at my local branch who can do so ("left
> in January, won't be replaced"). I reckon that the pbfg of going to the
> other branch (fuel and fish boating) will comfortably exceed the benefit
> of making the change. I concluded that it is all part of a phfgbzre
> elimination drive, so I suspect that my small stash of groats they look
> after will soon be moving home.

Mine told me I can do it either online or using their app. And what's a
"local branch"? I don't know of one within a few miles, and I live in
the Birmingham area.

Potentially, it's worth about a grand a year to me, less gnk

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<WMrUmAOlSBrkFwhn@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24104&group=uk.rec.sheds#24104

From: bulleid@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:24:37 +0100
 by: Adrian - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:24 UTC

In message <kh2go1F4165U1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> writes
>On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
>> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
>> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
>> vagrerfg. Oh goody thought I.
>>
>> This morning, I called in and asked to be moved. I was somewhat
>> surprised (perhaps naively) to be told that I would have to make an
>> appointment with someone at another branch, some 90 furlongs away, to do
>> so as they no longer have anyone at my local branch who can do so ("left
>> in January, won't be replaced"). I reckon that the pbfg of going to the
>> other branch (fuel and fish boating) will comfortably exceed the benefit
>> of making the change. I concluded that it is all part of a phfgbzre
>> elimination drive, so I suspect that my small stash of groats they look
>> after will soon be moving home.
>>
>Mine told me I can do it either online or using their app.

The lady I spoke to did mutter something about online, but I currently
keep my bargepole well away from such arjfangled stuff. From what was
said, they want to move everyone online, and losing a few long standing
(in my case over 50 years) phfgbzref along the way isn't a problem.
Quite how that's a people thing is beyond me.

>And what's a "local branch"? I don't know of one within a few miles,
>and I live in the Birmingham area.

~30 minutes walk in my case, and it isn't a small branch.

>Potentially, it's worth about a grand a year to me, less gnk

Considerabubbly less in my case.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops
Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<VPUqM.32292$b2td.23429@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24105&group=uk.rec.sheds#24105

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:45:10 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:45 UTC

On 10-Jul-23 15:24, Adrian wrote:
> In message <kh2go1F4165U1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> writes
>> On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
>>> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
>>> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
>>> vagrerfg.  Oh goody thought I.
>>>
>>> This morning, I called in and asked to be moved.  I was somewhat
>>> surprised (perhaps naively) to be told that I would have to make an
>>> appointment with someone at another branch, some 90 furlongs away, to do
>>> so as they no longer have anyone at my local branch who can do so ("left
>>> in January, won't be replaced").  I reckon that the pbfg of going to the
>>> other branch (fuel and fish boating) will comfortably exceed the benefit
>>> of making the change.  I concluded that it is all part of a phfgbzre
>>> elimination drive, so I suspect that my small stash of groats they look
>>> after will soon be moving home.
>>>
>> Mine told me I can do it either online or using their app.
>
> The lady I spoke to did mutter something about online, but I currently
> keep my bargepole well away from such arjfangled stuff.  From what was
> said, they want to move everyone online, and losing a few long standing
> (in my case over 50 years) phfgbzref along the way isn't a problem.
> Quite how that's a people thing is beyond me.

I suppose they are being 'selective' about which people they want to
have banking with them - i.e. ones who don't need bank branches, and who
do must of the jbex for them.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<u8h7e2$2id2c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24106&group=uk.rec.sheds#24106

From: richard@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:17:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:17 UTC

Adrian said:

> The lady I spoke to did mutter something about online, but I currently
> keep my bargepole well away from such arjfangled stuff. From what was
> said, they want to move everyone online, and losing a few long standing
> (in my case over 50 years) phfgbzref along the way isn't a problem.
> Quite how that's a people thing is beyond me.

CEOs are people too ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<0d2cnT097ujctjH5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24109&group=uk.rec.sheds#24109

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 17:01:05 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:01 UTC

Sam Plusnet wrote:

> I suppose they are being 'selective' about which people they want to
> have banking with them

I do still have a three localish branches, one of which is shutting this
munf, but they're cutting opening hours down by 90 minutes/day from
next munf, so the counters will be shut from 2 of pm.

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<u8hu5e$2kt7m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24116&group=uk.rec.sheds#24116

From: tone@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 22:45:17 +0100
 by: Tone - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 21:45 UTC

On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
> vagrerfg.  Oh goody thought I

In their safety brief my bank states that they will NEVER ask me to move
money to a different account.

Tone

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<$RAQMwAJ2JrkFAU3@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24119&group=uk.rec.sheds#24119

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 01:08:41 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 00:08 UTC

In article <u8hu5e$2kt7m$2@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 22:45:17 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
>> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
>> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
>> vagrerfg.  Oh goody thought I
>
>In their safety brief my bank states that they will NEVER ask me to move
>money to a different account.

I think they mean over the phone. i have been ADVISED to move my money
into a new account, in a face to face interview. I refused because I had
to have their App. I do not have unSmart phone, nor do I want one. I
like paper. It provides a paper trail.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<u8ja8e$2stso$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24134&group=uk.rec.sheds#24134

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 11:17:50 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 10:17 UTC

Yes I have some savings in Britannia, part of co-op of course. Letter
arrived saying Britannia will cease to exist and my dosh is going into the
same investment account in Co-op bank and will have new sort code and
account number and oh, by the way your local Britannia is now closed and not
likely to become a co-op bank. My nearest therefore is no long in Kingston,
but will be in Croydon. I mean, those who know sw London will see that this
journey by public transport is not a fast or easy one.
I am actively looking for a similar account in a bank or building society
guaranteed to have a branch locally, an increasingly difficult thing, it
seems.
Oh manage your account on line or by telephone they say, well but
sometimes you need to talk to a real person as being blind getting over my
needs to these huge organisations is a bit like talking to a moron who does
not understand the implications.
Bah Humbug. What do you think, under the bed?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Adrian" <bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> wrote in message
> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
> vagrerfg. Oh goody thought I.
>
> This morning, I called in and asked to be moved. I was somewhat surprised
> (perhaps naively) to be told that I would have to make an appointment with
> someone at another branch, some 90 furlongs away, to do so as they no
> longer have anyone at my local branch who can do so ("left in January,
> won't be replaced"). I reckon that the pbfg of going to the other branch
> (fuel and fish boating) will comfortably exceed the benefit of making the
> change. I concluded that it is all part of a phfgbzre elimination drive,
> so I suspect that my small stash of groats they look after will soon be
> moving home.
>
> According to their adverts on the haunted goldfish bowl, their ohfvarff is
> a people thing. I'm now trying to jbex out how to square that particular
> circle.
>
> Adrian
> --
> To Reply :
> replace "bulleid" with "adrian" - all mail to bulleid is rejected
> Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops
> Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.

Re: Boodly Onaxf

<tBuivyFGxUrkFwWG@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24143&group=uk.rec.sheds#24143

From: bulleid@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 13:34:14 +0100
 by: Adrian - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 12:34 UTC

In message <$RAQMwAJ2JrkFAU3@salmiron.com>, Nicholas D. Richards
<nicholas@salmiron.com> writes
>In article <u8hu5e$2kt7m$2@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
>Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 22:45:17 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>On 10/07/2023 14:31, Adrian wrote:
>>> Last week I had a letter from a onax that I have a savings account with.
>>> They told me that if I moved to a different account, I could get more
>>> vagrerfg.  Oh goody thought I
>>
>>In their safety brief my bank states that they will NEVER ask me to move
>>money to a different account.
>>
>I think they mean over the phone. i have been ADVISED to move my money
>into a new account, in a face to face interview. I refused because I had
>to have their App. I do not have unSmart phone, nor do I want one. I
>like paper. It provides a paper trail.

Indeed. Had it been a phone call, I would have ignored it, but this was
a proper letter (on paper), correctly addressed, and with part of the
account number (again correct), and it was advising me, not
telling/asking/demanding me to move. If it was an attempt at fraud, it
was well done, as the branch staff (who you would hope would be awake to
such things) thought it was genuine.

Adrian