From: maus@gmail.com (greymausg.mail.com)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: anyone there?
Date: 15 Jul 2023 09:39:15 GMT
 by: greymausg.mail.com - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 09:39 UTC

The old story, return home, nobody there, and the door to the cellers is
slightly ajar, so the [first one to die] pushes it open, and the
electric light switch does not work. Fear not, tis only a matter of
stepping down to the next switch, but something stirs in the darkness.

"Arrgh"

--
greymausg@mail.com
"Boris, the once and future PM."

Re: anyone there?

<khf9chF6lruU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24230&group=uk.rec.sheds#24230

From: bob.henson@outlook.com (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: anyone there?
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 11:06:11 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 10:06 UTC

On 15.7.23 10:39 am, greymausg.mail.com wrote:
> The old story, return home, nobody there, and the door to the cellers is
> slightly ajar, so the [first one to die] pushes it open, and the
> electric light switch does not work. Fear not, tis only a matter of
> stepping down to the next switch, but something stirs in the darkness.
>
> "Arrgh"

I like that story. My favourite bit is later on where the hero (about to
go down the cellar to look for the first bloke) says to the heroine
"Whatever you do, My Dear, lock your door when I leave and don't open it
until I get back." OK, we /know/ what she's going to do ten seconds
later - but I quite like predictability, it saves having to think too much.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: anyone there?