From: wibble@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Should I have mowed the lawn?
Date: 3 Jun 2023 14:30:48 GMT
 by: David - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:30 UTC

Up to the last week or so the lawn was going berserk.
Growing faster than I could find the time to cut it.

It seemed to have suddenly calmed down so I raised the blades a bit and
cut it today.

Most of it looks green and lush but some bits look a bit dry.

19C, sunny (a change from the last weeks) and the lawn is now all looking
dry.

Blocking high still with us and probably for the next 10 days or so.

Have I done a bad thing?

Cheers

Dave R

Re: Should I have mowed the lawn?

<u5fjus$3jcdm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2515&group=uk.rec.gardening#2515

From: nmm@wheeler.UUCP (Nick Maclaren)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Should I have mowed the lawn?
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:50:04 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: nmm@wheeler.UUCP (Nick Maclaren)
 by: Nick Maclaren - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:50 UTC

In article <ke114oFm6l8U10@mid.individual.net>,
David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:
>Up to the last week or so the lawn was going berserk.
>Growing faster than I could find the time to cut it.
>
>It seemed to have suddenly calmed down so I raised the blades a bit and
>cut it today.
>
>Most of it looks green and lush but some bits look a bit dry.
>
>19C, sunny (a change from the last weeks) and the lawn is now all looking
>dry.
>
>Blocking high still with us and probably for the next 10 days or so.
>
>Have I done a bad thing?

No. Leaving it a bit longer than usual is the right approach in
dry weather.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Re: Should I have mowed the lawn?

<jnom7it2shtana0j32cjeg1mri9q13arpt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2517&group=uk.rec.gardening#2517

From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 16:59:00 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 15:59 UTC

On 3 Jun 2023 14:30:48 GMT, David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Up to the last week or so the lawn was going berserk.
>Growing faster than I could find the time to cut it.
>
>It seemed to have suddenly calmed down so I raised the blades a bit and
>cut it today.
>
>Most of it looks green and lush but some bits look a bit dry.
>
>19C, sunny (a change from the last weeks) and the lawn is now all looking
>dry.
>
>Blocking high still with us and probably for the next 10 days or so.
>
>Have I done a bad thing?
>
>Cheers
>

>Dave R

No. It'll be OK. Might look awful, but grass is surprisingly
resilient.

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.

Re: Should I have mowed the lawn?

<u5hfmt$3t00u$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2519&group=uk.rec.gardening#2519

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 08:49:49 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 07:49 UTC

On 03/06/2023 16:59, Chris Hogg wrote:
> On 3 Jun 2023 14:30:48 GMT, David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Up to the last week or so the lawn was going berserk.
>> Growing faster than I could find the time to cut it.
>>
>> It seemed to have suddenly calmed down so I raised the blades a bit and
>> cut it today.
>>
>> Most of it looks green and lush but some bits look a bit dry.
>>
>> 19C, sunny (a change from the last weeks) and the lawn is now all looking
>> dry.
>>
>> Blocking high still with us and probably for the next 10 days or so.
>>
>> Have I done a bad thing?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> Dave R
>
> No. It'll be OK. Might look awful, but grass is surprisingly
> resilient.

In Mediterranean climate countries as well as tropical savannah, the
grass goes brown for 6 months of the year.

It greens up fast enough when the rains come...

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.