From: me@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Radishes
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 17:19:04 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 16:19 UTC

I find that radishes bought from my local supermarket are not 'hot'
like they used to be (if that's the right term). Of course, it might
just be my sense of taste is going, but next year I'll try growing my
own in the greenhouse. Can anyone recommend a suitable variety that
has the traditional radish taste please?

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.

Re: Radishes

<uarauh$2urpe$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2665&group=uk.rec.gardening#2665

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Radishes
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:51:13 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 17:51 UTC

On 07/08/2023 17:19, Chris Hogg wrote:
> I find that radishes bought from my local supermarket are not 'hot'
> like they used to be (if that's the right term). Of course, it might
> just be my sense of taste is going, but next year I'll try growing my
> own in the greenhouse. Can anyone recommend a suitable variety that
> has the traditional radish taste please?

AFAICR -and radishes are not something I lust over - any home grown
variety freshly picked has way more tang than anything that's been on a
shelf for a day.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx