From: charlie@roselandhouse.co.uk (Charlie Pridham)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re-insulating a greenhouse
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 07:59:00 +0100
 by: Charlie Pridham - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 06:59 UTC

I have a greenhouse I use it as a mist unit and it is insulated with
bubble wrap then each year covered with a white plastic film (which is a
bit of a faff) this year I have to replace the bubble wrap so I am
thinking to use the white poly-carbinate twin wall sheets as these will
be longer lasting and easier to keep clean - But I cant see how to fix
them in place? I use the little green turnbuckles for the bubble wrap is
there anything longer? or a different idea that anyone on here uses or
has seen?
--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

Re: Re-insulating a greenhouse

<ub7cog$186v1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2696&group=uk.rec.gardening#2696

From: Jeff@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Re-insulating a greenhouse
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 08:35:44 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 07:35 UTC

On 12/08/2023 07:59, Charlie Pridham wrote:
> I have a greenhouse I use it as a mist unit and it is insulated with
> bubble wrap then each year covered with a white plastic film (which is a
> bit of a faff) this year I have to replace the bubble wrap so I am
> thinking to use the white poly-carbinate twin wall sheets as these will
> be longer lasting and easier to keep clean - But I cant see how to fix
> them in place? I use the little green turnbuckles for the bubble wrap is
> there anything longer? or a different idea that anyone on here uses or
> has seen?

If it's standard 4mm polycarbonate sheet, why not drill through the
sheet and fix standard 10 mm length crop-head bolts for fixing stuff to
the channels in aluminium greenhouses? If it's wider than that, you're
into longer crop-head bolts, and they're not cheap:
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/GREENHOUSE-EXTRA-LONG-CROPPED-BOLTS/dp/B003Z9CYLG>
A bit cheaper:
<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166244800579?hash=item26b4f65843:g:scYAAOSwBahkT9h5>

--

Jeff

Re: Re-insulating a greenhouse

<ub7vm0$1b1c0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2698&group=uk.rec.gardening#2698

From: charlie@roselandhouse.co.uk (Charlie Pridham)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 13:58:40 +0100
 by: Charlie Pridham - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 12:58 UTC

On 12/08/2023 08:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
> On 12/08/2023 07:59, Charlie Pridham wrote:
>> I have a greenhouse I use it as a mist unit and it is insulated with
>> bubble wrap then each year covered with a white plastic film (which is a
>> bit of a faff) this year I have to replace the bubble wrap so I am
>> thinking to use the white poly-carbinate twin wall sheets as these will
>> be longer lasting and easier to keep clean - But I cant see how to fix
>> them in place? I use the little green turnbuckles for the bubble wrap is
>> there anything longer? or a different idea that anyone on here uses or
>> has seen?
>
> If it's standard 4mm polycarbonate sheet, why not drill through the
> sheet and fix standard 10 mm length crop-head bolts for fixing stuff to
> the channels in aluminium greenhouses? If it's wider than that, you're
> into longer crop-head bolts, and they're not cheap:
> <https://www.amazon.co.uk/GREENHOUSE-EXTRA-LONG-CROPPED-BOLTS/dp/B003Z9CYLG>
> A bit cheaper:
> <https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166244800579?hash=item26b4f65843:g:scYAAOSwBahkT9h5>

Thanks Jeff, just what I meant, not sure why I didnt think of them
having used them before !!
--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall