Feel disillusioned? I've got some great new illusions, right here!

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Un-de-fated

SubjectAuthor
* Un-de-fatedTone
+- Re: Un-de-fatedhubops
+- Re: Un-de-fatedBrian Gaff
+* Re: Un-de-fatedchrisnd @ukrm
|+* Re: Un-de-fatedRustyHinge
||+- Re: Un-de-fatedDon Stockbauer
||`- Re: Un-de-fatedchrisnd@privacy.net
|`- Re: Un-de-fatedTone
`- Re: Un-de-fatedBrian Gaff

1
Un-de-fated

<ueli6n$kn95$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27191&group=uk.rec.sheds#27191

From: tone@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Un-de-fated
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 03:23:18 +0100
 by: Tone - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:23 UTC

With so many of my old music mates beating me to the grim reaper I now
wake with the thought, 'every day is a bonus'.

But then I get the GP telling me that my diet and sedentary lifestyle is
all wrong. I should eat more sensibly and exercise as much as my
mobility allows me.

Yeah, right.

To be honest, I don't want to live forever. I saw how my dear old Mum
suffered in the last few years of getting as far as 102. She didn't want
to get that far.

At 81 I reckon I'm probably almost life expired anyway, so sod it. I'll
just keep on doing what I want to do until I can't any more.

Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
Thelma and Louise.

Fuck 'em all.

Tone

Re: Un-de-fated

<8iksgi5n2mfcvrqpj046mtp6n1n5esi932@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27192&group=uk.rec.sheds#27192

From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Un-de-fated
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 22:57:53 -0400
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:57 UTC

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 03:23:18 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>With so many of my old music mates beating me to the grim reaper I now
>wake with the thought, 'every day is a bonus'.
>
>But then I get the GP telling me that my diet and sedentary lifestyle is
>all wrong. I should eat more sensibly and exercise as much as my
>mobility allows me.
>
>Yeah, right.
>
>To be honest, I don't want to live forever. I saw how my dear old Mum
>suffered in the last few years of getting as far as 102. She didn't want
>to get that far.
>
>At 81 I reckon I'm probably almost life expired anyway, so sod it. I'll
>just keep on doing what I want to do until I can't any more.
>
>Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
>Thelma and Louise.
>
>Fuck 'em all.
>
>Tone

or listen to some music .. over a few ciders .. ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-49tmWner4

https://oldmanluedecke.com/

... works for me at the moment.

John T.

Re: Un-de-fated

<uem9on$nt22$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27199&group=uk.rec.sheds#27199

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 10:05:24 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 09:05 UTC

I remember one Hawaii 50 episode where a bloke kept on getting cancer. He
was a microlite pilot and decided he was going to do a long trip over the
sea. Everyone knew he was really just going to end up dying doing what he
loved, and that was what he did despite a lot of the medics trying to stop
him. I think it ended with Steve actually helping him to do his take off in
secret. Lots of meaningful looks etc, but it does make you think.
I want to set up an Enduring power of attorney, but I have no relatives
left alive of a younger number of years, and I'm not sure most of the
lawyers I know could be trusted to do the right thing.

Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message news:ueli6n$kn95$1@dont-email.me...
> With so many of my old music mates beating me to the grim reaper I now
> wake with the thought, 'every day is a bonus'.
>
> But then I get the GP telling me that my diet and sedentary lifestyle is
> all wrong. I should eat more sensibly and exercise as much as my mobility
> allows me.
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> To be honest, I don't want to live forever. I saw how my dear old Mum
> suffered in the last few years of getting as far as 102. She didn't want
> to get that far.
>
> At 81 I reckon I'm probably almost life expired anyway, so sod it. I'll
> just keep on doing what I want to do until I can't any more.
>
> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a Thelma
> and Louise.
>
> Fuck 'em all.
>
> Tone

Re: Un-de-fated

<kn8ag3F8dt9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27209&group=uk.rec.sheds#27209

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 15:19:47 +0100
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:19 UTC

On 23/09/2023 03:23, Tone wrote:

> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
> Thelma and Louise.

Would that work with a Hymer and trailer?*
:-)

Chris

*You might end up with an 'Italian Job' instead!
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: Un-de-fated

<uen3ku$s2lb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27213&group=uk.rec.sheds#27213

From: rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 17:27:10 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 16:27 UTC

On 23/09/2023 15:19, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 03:23, Tone wrote:
>>
>> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
>> Thelma and Louise.
>
> Would that work with a Hymer and trailer?*
> :-)
>
> Chris
>
> *You might end up with an 'Italian Job' instead!

You weren't supposed to blow the lbeeidgn doors off?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Un-de-fated

<a66295c3-2e0f-4cd7-8241-842cc786d84dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27214&group=uk.rec.sheds#27214

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 09:38:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstockbauer@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 16:38 UTC

On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 11:27:11 AM UTC-5, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 15:19, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> > On 23/09/2023 03:23, Tone wrote:
> >>
> >> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
> >> Thelma and Louise.
> >
> > Would that work with a Hymer and trailer?*
> > :-)
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > *You might end up with an 'Italian Job' instead!
> You weren't supposed to blow the lbeeidgn doors off?
>
> --
> Rusty Hinge
> To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer and the BOFH.

From now on Thunderbird will only refer to the rotgut wine that only winos drink to kill themselves with rather than the news reader delivered to the Shed by God on two gold tablets.

Re: Un-de-fated

<knaaqpFim18U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27230&group=uk.rec.sheds#27230

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 09:37:45 +0100
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 08:37 UTC

On 23/09/2023 17:27, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 15:19, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
>> On 23/09/2023 03:23, Tone wrote:
>>>
>>> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
>>> Thelma and Louise.
>>
>> Would that work with a Hymer and trailer?*
>> :-)
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> *You might end up with an 'Italian Job' instead!
>
> You weren't supposed to blow the lbeeidgn doors off?

I was thinking more in terms of the 'cliff-hanger' ending but your
suggestion also has validity.

Chris

Re: Un-de-fated

<uepp7h$1eb6e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27240&group=uk.rec.sheds#27240

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:47:45 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:47 UTC

I have to say, I'm getting the less sugar and salt and more exercise talk
from the doctors, OK I am now on Folic Acid, but there has been little
change in my couch potato lifestyle and I can still cut my toe nails sit
cross legged and all of that stuff, my core strength is apparently vey
good. I'm thinking quite often people are just born with weaknesses and
strengths, and being sporty is certainly not my bag,man as they used to say.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message news:ueli6n$kn95$1@dont-email.me...
> With so many of my old music mates beating me to the grim reaper I now
> wake with the thought, 'every day is a bonus'.
>
> But then I get the GP telling me that my diet and sedentary lifestyle is
> all wrong. I should eat more sensibly and exercise as much as my mobility
> allows me.
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> To be honest, I don't want to live forever. I saw how my dear old Mum
> suffered in the last few years of getting as far as 102. She didn't want
> to get that far.
>
> At 81 I reckon I'm probably almost life expired anyway, so sod it. I'll
> just keep on doing what I want to do until I can't any more.
>
> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a Thelma
> and Louise.
>
> Fuck 'em all.
>
> Tone

Re: Un-de-fated

<ueq3mj$1g5t9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27244&group=uk.rec.sheds#27244

From: tone@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:46:26 +0100
 by: Tone - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 19:46 UTC

On 23/09/2023 15:19, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 23/09/2023 03:23, Tone wrote:
>>
>> Tiz the best way to go. And when I've had enough I might just do a
>> Thelma and Louise.
>
> Would that work with a Hymer and trailer?*
> :-)
>
> Chris
>
> *You might end up with an 'Italian Job' instead!

I woudn't be hanging about.

Tone

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Un-de-fated