Real computer scientists like having a computer on their desk, else how could they read their mail?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parks applies to cyclists

SubjectAuthor
* Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parksswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal ParksJNugent
 `- Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in RoyalSpike

1
Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parks applies to cyclists

<18c94224-0f98-43ea-a6d1-bfcf4842d96dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28198&group=uk.rec.cycling#28198

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 22:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parks
applies to cyclists
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 19 May 2023 05:41 UTC

QUOTE: Do speed limits apply to cyclists Richmond Park?

Speed limits in Richmond Park do not apply to cyclists, according to the Royal Parks, which manages the southwest London beauty spot as well as several other parks in the capital and Windsor Great Park.1 Oct 2021 ENDS

Still looking for some evidence - none found yet.

Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parks applies to chav-cyclists

<kcp42uFo9usU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28212&group=uk.rec.cycling#28212

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
applies to chav-cyclists
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 12:15:42 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 19 May 2023 11:15 UTC

On 19/05/2023 06:41 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: Do speed limits apply to cyclists Richmond Park?

"cyclists Richmond Park"?

What are you trying to talk about?

Did you mean chavs in bikes IN Richmond Park?

> Speed limits in Richmond Park do not apply to chav-cyclists, according to the Royal Parks, which manages the southwest London beauty spot as well as several other parks in the capital and Windsor Great Park.1 Oct 2021 ENDS

Wrong.

The Royal Park has since issued an edict [look it up, Mason] that chavs
on bikes like you are just as subject to speed limits there as any other
vehicle user.

> Still looking for some evidence - none found yet.

You've already posted it.

Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal Parks applies to chav-cyclists

<kcpu0tFs8lbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28254&group=uk.rec.cycling#28254

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: New confusion over whether 20mph speed limit in Royal
Parks applies to chav-cyclists
Date: 19 May 2023 18:38:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 19 May 2023 18:38 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 19/05/2023 06:41 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Do speed limits apply to cyclists Richmond Park?
>
> "cyclists Richmond Park"?
>
> What are you trying to talk about?
>
> Did you mean chavs in bikes IN Richmond Park?
>
>> Speed limits in Richmond Park do not apply to chav-cyclists, according
>> to the Royal Parks, which manages the southwest London beauty spot as
>> well as several other parks in the capital and Windsor Great Park.1 Oct 2021 ENDS
>
> Wrong.
>
> The Royal Park has since issued an edict [look it up, Mason] that chavs
> on bikes like you are just as subject to speed limits there as any other
> vehicle user.
>
>> Still looking for some evidence - none found yet.
>
> You've already posted it.

Don’t spoil a deeply-held belief by mentioning facts.

--
Spike