Imitation is the sincerest form of plagiarism.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

SubjectAuthor
* Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Wigan chav-cyclists gear up for popular chav-bike eventJNugent
+* Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventSpike
`* Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventSpike
 `- Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike eventswldx...@gmail.com

1
Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<f4cea3ea-e52d-47b9-9636-f0d72f31fd2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28201&group=uk.rec.cycling#28201

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 23:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 19 May 2023 06:06 UTC

The free family fun day comes to Three Sisters in Ashton with a whole host of activities on May 23.

Cyclists of all ages and abilities can ride their bikes on the mile-long course - plus there’ll be balance bikes for under fives, cycle skills for older kids, and a range of entertainment including face painting, inflatables and a climbing wall.

Coun Chris Ready, Wigan Council’s portfolio holder for communities and neighbourhoods, said: “Cycle Three Sisters is always one of the highlights of the year!

"More than 2,100 people came to our two events in 2022 and I’m sure everyone is excited about getting back on their bikes for more fabulous family fun.

“The best thing about Cycle Three Sisters is that it really is an event for everyone - no matter your age or ability.

"Even if you don’t have your own bike or helmet you can borrow them from us free of charge; and we also have a range of adapted cycles provided by our Wheels For All team for people with a range of disabilities.

“It’s always wonderful to see so many smiling faces on the track and, with the weather getting warmer and the sun shining now well into the evening, I’d encourage everyone to come along and join in!”

Once again there will be two Cycle Three Sisters events this year, a second outing being planned for Wednesday September 20.

While most activities start at 3pm there’s also a chance for those with balance bikes, bikes with stabilisers and adapted bikes to have a go on the main circuit from 1.30pm – perfect for little ones who need an adult to accompany them.

While these bikes won’t be permitted on the main track beyond 3pm, dedicated areas of the venue have been set aside for the remainder of the day ensuring there’s something for everyone right up to finish at 8pm.

May’s event also forms part of Be Well Wigan’s first ever Get Active Festival - a free borough-wide celebration of walking and cycling..

Other highlights include the Big Wigan Walk Week (May 27 to June 4) and the Big Wigan Bike Week (June 3 to June 11).

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/people/wigan-cyclists-gear-up-for-popular-bike-event-4139271

Re: Wigan chav-cyclists gear up for popular chav-bike event

<kcp3r3Fo9usU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28210&group=uk.rec.cycling#28210

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Wigan chav-cyclists gear up for popular chav-bike event
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 12:11:31 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 19 May 2023 11:11 UTC

On 19/05/2023 07:06 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> The free family fun day comes to Three Sisters in Ashton with a whole host of activities on May 23.

"Free"?

Someone is paying.

> Chav-cyclists of all ages and abilities can ride their chav-bikes on the mile-long course - plus there’ll be balance bikes for under fives, chav-cycle skills for older kids, and a range of entertainment including face painting, inflatables and a climbing wall.
> Coun Chris Ready, Wigan Council’s portfolio holder for communities and neighbourhoods, said: “Chav Cycle Three Sisters is always one of the highlights of the year!
>> "More than 2,100 people came to our two events in 2022 and I’m sure everyone is excited about getting back on their fairy-bikes for more fabulous family fun.
> “The best thing about Chav-Cycle Three Sisters is that it really is an event for everyone - no matter your age or ability.

Even if you're one of the majority who has not got - and does not ride -
a chav-bike?

> "Even if you don’t have your own chav-bike or helmet you can borrow them from us free of charge; and we also have a range of adapted chav-cycles provided by our Wheels For All team for people with a range of disabilities.

Ah... free chav-cycle hire... but apparently, the whole thing is "free",
so that's a guarantee that the taxpayer isn't paying, is it?

> “It’s always wonderful to see so many smiling faces on the track and, with the weather getting warmer and the sun shining now well into the evening, I’d encourage everyone to come along and join in!”
> Once again there will be two Chav Cycle Three Sisters events this year, a second outing being planned for Wednesday September 20.
> While most activities start at 3pm there’s also a chance for those with balance chav-bikes, chav-bikes with stabilisers and adaptedchav- bikes to have a go on the main circuit from 1.30pm – perfect for little ones who need an adult to accompany them.
> While these chav-bikes won’t be permitted on the main track beyond 3pm, dedicated areas of the venue have been set aside for the remainder of the day ensuring there’s something for everyone right up to finish at 8pm.
> May’s event also forms part of Be Well Wigan’s first ever Get Active Festival - a free borough-wide celebration of walking and chav-cycling.
> Other highlights include the Big Wigan Walk Week (May 27 to June 4) and the Big Wigan Chav-Bike Week (June 3 to June 11).
>
> https://www.wigantoday.net/news/people/wigan-cyclists-gear-up-for-popular-bike-event-4139271

Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<94c9d40a-a141-4cb4-8a7b-51ab81655ac2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28216&group=uk.rec.cycling#28216

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 04:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 19 May 2023 11:27 UTC

Good to see no plastic hat on the group leader!

https://www.wigantoday.net/webimg/b25lY21zOjUzYzY1MWFlLWRmYjQtNDk2Ni05N2JlLWFjMDdkZDg5MWI5Yzo3MDg2NDkyNy05ODI2LTQyYjEtODE2Zi1jMzgzZTk3MGFhYWY=.jpg?crop=3:2,smart&width=640&quality=65

Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<kcq9jcFtukvU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28268&group=uk.rec.cycling#28268

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 19 May 2023 21:55:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 19 May 2023 21:55 UTC

> Good to see no plastic hat on the group leader!
>

> https://www.wigantoday.net/webimg/b25lY21zOjUzYzY1MWFlLWRmYjQtNDk2Ni05N2JlLWFjMDdkZDg5MWI5Yzo3MDg2NDkyNy05ODI2LTQyYjEtODE2Zi1jMzgzZTk3MGFhYWY=.jpg?crop=3:2,smart&width=640&quality=65

He looks like he could usefully lose 50 lbs - much healthier outcome than
riding a bicycle.

--
Spike

Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<50e62b46-0eb3-435f-a0c5-0bbc86188cd1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28272&group=uk.rec.cycling#28272

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 22:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 20 May 2023 05:04 UTC

QUOTE: “It’s always wonderful to see so many smiling faces on the track and, with the weather getting warmer and the sun shining now well into the evening, I’d encourage everyone to come along and join in!” ENDS

Red rag to the sad old gammons who hate to see happy young people as it highlights their own miserable lives.

Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<kcrdpdF4lgtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28278&group=uk.rec.cycling#28278

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 20 May 2023 08:13:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 20 May 2023 08:13 UTC

> QUOTE: “It’s always wonderful to see so many smiling faces on the track
> and, with the weather getting warmer and the sun shining now well into
> the evening, I’d encourage everyone to come along and join in!” ENDS
>
> Red rag to the sad old gammons who hate to see happy young people as it
> highlights their own miserable lives.

That guy gives the impression of heading for a cardiovascular event. A
change of diet would be better than riding a bicycle.

--
Spike

Re: Wigan cyclists gear up for popular bike event

<135dd037-ee6c-4fe4-9948-2e96b6d07b01n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28285&group=uk.rec.cycling#28285

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 02:00:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 20 May 2023 09:00 UTC

On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 6:04:21 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: “It’s always wonderful to see so many smiling faces on the track and, with the weather getting warmer and the sun shining now well into the evening, I’d encourage everyone to come along and join in!” ENDS
>
> Red rag to the sad old gammons who hate to see happy young people as it highlights their own miserable lives.

This will finish them off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fwj1iKoWwAE00lP?format=jpg&name=small